This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

year and model of my tractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: year and model of my tractor
    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:06pm
hi all

I am new here and new with my first tractor... I bought what I thought was a AC D15, but have been told it is a D14... the number I get off it is 14 3480 .

Can anyone help me find out for sure what year and model it is?

Thank you
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:24pm
Should be a 1957 D14. HTH
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:40pm

Yup 1957, first year of production.

149 cu.in Engine, 6 volt electrical.

Gary
pmasson View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:14pm
Thanks guys

It has been changed to 12 volt.

Which site is best for parts to order from? I am in Canada.

Thanks again
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:19pm
I've ordered from Tony's Tractors, but that is for Alberta.  Probably any one of the sponsors of the site can get you what you need.  Not all that inexpensive with shipping and exchange being what it is.
Napa can get most of the ignition parts that you may need, as well as filters.  I find the rural Napas are best for tractor parts.  The shops in town have to get out the book and are loath to do  the work to sell a few things.
67 D15 S2
83 5015
Several Kubotas'                     
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:48pm
First Welcome to the Unofficial Allis Chalmers Forum
As you have seen you will find all kinds of help here.
To add another name of one of our sponsors - Sandy Lake.  I have heard very good reports on them.
For Ignition I would use SteveNJ Custom Circuits - another one of our sponsors.  Our in house expert
Good Luck!
Bill Long
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by pmasson pmasson wrote:

Thanks guys

It has been changed to 12 volt.

Which site is best for parts to order from? I am in Canada.

Thanks again

Depends what parts you are looking for.  For filters and ignition parts, NAPA has what you need.  For more specific tractor parts, your local AGCO dealer is a good source.  Don't forget the sponsors on this site here.  Even though you are in Canada like me, they can still ship you what you need.
If you do not have an operator's manual yet, I strongly recommend you get one.  It will tell you everything you need to know about the tractor.  Manuals can be found pretty cheap on E-bay, but I would never buy parts from there!

'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:06am
Got a oil filter from NAPA for my B . It was a Gold 7011.Same filter fits a 14.Also a fram f 159. Little bit pricey too !
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by wfmurray wfmurray wrote:

Got a oil filter from NAPA for my B . It was a Gold 7011.Same filter fits a 14.Also a fram f 159. Little bit pricey too !
Seems all the filter prices have jumped for everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic