This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

winter fixin!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: winter fixin!
    Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 5:08pm
who of ya'll have been busy this winter, gittin yer equipment ready for spring? what have ya'll done so far? me?? nuthin yet, been to danged cold here, and my shop isn't sealed off all the way yet. gonna work on it this spring, pour sum more concrete, hopefully dig out for a inside pit, then re-hang a new door on the building. my planter only takes about 1 hour to git ready for planting!
Sponsored Links

D17 owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17 owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 9:19pm
Well the kervernland (spelling) needs alot of parts. I wanted it in the shop and out by now but it is still in the shed. I put brakes on the 17. When I was doing that the 3pt went out on the MF 1105 took it all apart thought it was a stuck valve. Long story sort it is the hyd. pump Now that has to be split to get to it. the 17 is  needs to go back in due to a bang in the trans. I redid my H and S bifold rake hoping to have that out this week. Also the disc needs some bearings. I have a heated shop but I get one thing done and two more break. I also have a fulltime job at the county shop. I think I have a weakend to work on some stuff it snows and I am at work.
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 9:25pm
Does thinking about working on stuff count? I have given some pretty heavy thoughts to how i'm going to get my new(to me) 2 bottom plow all reworked by spring. I have also given some thought to how i'm gonna get my C tuned up and ready to go swap out with my dad. That way, he can get his garden put in without having to get mom to pull his C off every time, and I can start the rehab on his tractor. Got it all planned out. Even got a little extra cash saved up for parts. Now i'm told i'll probably be working 6 or 7, maybe even 8 days a week for the next 53 weeks or so. LOL! Ain't that funny? Seems you always got either time or money, but not both?
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
John In. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John In. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 5:01pm
Brought my 1954 WD45 into the garage and R&R oil seal on right side carrier, R&R oil seal on gear shifter for the PTO , R&R  packings in the hydraulic rams. Then put new oil in diff and tranny and hydraulic oil in torque housing. Adjusted brakes. Then broke the lens off head light, dropped it while I was tring to fix loose bulb.  
Billoh View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 6:00pm
Iam rebuilding a 250 chevy engine on my Gleaner K.
GregLawlerMinn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregLawlerMinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 7:33pm
Started out to fix up and paint a CA to replace my tired lawnmower CA. New brakes and pinion seals, rebuild the LH final (bad bearings and seals) and spend 3 days busting out a stuck brake drum in it, rebuild the hand clutch and actuator, new clutch/pressure plate/TO bearing, swap out a distributor and WFE. Still waiting for parts and machining of the hand clutch so I can start putting it back together (parts supposed to arrive before the end of the week). It will have plenty of new parts in it when done (and those who have been into one know how many $$). Barring any more surprises, expect to get it together in time to mow the grass next spring.
What this country needs is more unemployed politicians-and lawyers.
Currently have: 1 D14 and a D15S2.
With new owners: 2Bs,9CAs,1WD,2 D12s,5D14s,3D15S2s, 2D17SIVs,D17D,1D19D;1 Unstyled WC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic