This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with your Allis Today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 21>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 1:50pm
Thanks Mike, this was the 4 time I have mowed this year. Don’t know how the grass is growing since haven’t hardly had any rain. Finally got some today.

Edited by AC720Man - 22 Apr 2023 at 1:52pm
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Sponsored Links

dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 6:48pm
Tried plowing with the roll over plow today and the wd 45. Pulled great but turning was a different story. Tried to put an anvil on the front end with some racket straps but that didn't work out.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 8:51am
Originally posted by dr p dr p wrote:

Tried plowing with the roll over plow today and the wd 45. Pulled great but turning was a different story. Tried to put an anvil on the front end with some racket straps but that didn't work out.

I'd like to see that! Did you by chance have assistance from a coyote??
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 12:51pm
Epic response, Mike. No doubt an Acme anvil.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 4:59pm

SIL brought home a backhoe for to do's. Dug up a rock that had floated up so we chained it to the 7045. The 200 had to be brought in to assist.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 6:19pm
A big un!!
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 10:12pm
that chunk looks like some new landscaping now
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 7:53am
Thanks Lynn. Plummer that is one major stone! Hate to run into that with a plow!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 9:10am
Yeah Mike, BTDT. 8 years ago I hit one a little smaller than this and broke the support rod on a 4 bottom semi mount. It was a new to me plow and the bottom did not trip as it should. I whacked this one with a disc a couple times before I could see it and the last 3 years I remembered its location and lifted over it.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 1:57pm
Looks like nice for yard art

DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 3:36pm
Had one bigger than that, that became the grave marker for my wife's favorite Quarter horse. They dug it out with a big excavator when they made the highway 4 lanes past the farm. Had a big payloader with forks to move it. Couldn't lift it just lifted enough with the forks and skidded it to its new home.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 5:02pm
I like it better now that it's out the field. It has some nice faces on it for some etching or engraving. Too bad the backhoe scratched it up some. It could barely move it let alone get it out of hole. For now it will enjoy the view alongside the creek.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 8:24pm
Alley saw Mike's comment" my dad, super genius" was her sarcastic response
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 8:57pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 8:47pm
Today was the 7040s turn to do some pulling. Cleared some scrub trees from the south fence line.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 8:26am
This was on Thursday, drilled about 2&1/2 acres of beans with WD 'Micha' and the all-crop drill. Little experiment with narrow row beans. 14" in this case as I blocked off every other tube. I'm sure it would have worked a little better if I had had time to disc that ground before starting, such is life. I had intended to do a little more, say two acres this way and two at 7" spacing. Well, after putting the endrows on with my normal bean planter, didn't have that much dirt left. That and being pressed for time.... At least I'll have a small test plot.

Jgranat View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jgranat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 1:45pm
Allis CA with L306 and a C with L59 both just got parked after mowing our yard. There is a cub cadet here and a cub lo-boy as well, both need worked on but the AC stuff just keeps taking up the slack the IH stuff leaves.
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 3:22pm
Rained so nothing. 
Learning AC...slowly
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 5:26am
Put a new set of blades on the L59 mower on CA-1. Rain stayed south of us so I even got to try them out. Worked great even with my homemade friction disc I had to make. Farm store has them in stock for a couple bucks apiece, will pick up some proper ones next week. I sharpened the old blades, noticed that one is bent when I stacked them. Maybe that's why it seems like a nicer job now?
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 5:54pm
Spent the afternoon babysitting a six year old boy. We worked on getting the side delivery rake ready. He learned about fractions and removing nuts and bolts and grease fittings. I learned it is not ok to call someone a retard anymore but moron is fine.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 7:07pm
Now that is funny.
I pulled the 3pt blade over the driveway a few times with the 170 then set that aside and hooked on to the sweet corn planter. Used the 200 to drag a dead minivan to a location off the yard then attached the 3pt spring tooth harrow to prep sweet corn patch. It then proceeded to rain so called it a day.
Sherman Farms View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherman Farms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 5:08pm
Used the D-17 series 4 high crop propane on the seed wagon. Needed to work it a little to stay in shape.
B, C, RC, 3 wc,2 wd,3 wd45, d15, d17, d19, d21, 190, 440, 7040, 918 backhoe, 12 roto balers, 7 60 combines, 40, 66,2 72,90 super, sp100, Gleaner E, F3, 3 L2, R62, and much more
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 7:57pm
Had the 170 on 3pt brush mower duty today
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 1:43pm
Brought her home! New to me D-15. Going to need a new muffler, talked to Alex, pick up in Amana on Father's day. Will need a few little things to make it 'mine'. Pretty straight tractor.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 3:35pm
Well that there looks pretty nice
Kevin210 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 7:08pm
Had a set of new rear tires mounted today.
520/85R38 Trelleborg...
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 5:30am
I finally got the D17 out of the shop after replacing seals & orings  in the p/s and making bracket for a 445 loader to fit on the 17. I didn't take very good pictures so didn't post any. Next up will be D15II going in the shop.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 5:33am
Originally posted by IBWD MIke IBWD MIke wrote:

Brought her home! New to me D-15. Going to need a new muffler, talked to Alex, pick up in Amana on Father's day. Will need a few little things to make it 'mine'. Pretty straight tractor.

Mike you're going to fall in love with that tractor my D-15 is my go to tractor.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 7:28am
Kenny, I think it will be handy for a lot of things and look good on the occasional tractor ride.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 8:00pm
Swapped a texts from Darrell in north dakota about a rotobaler that has earned the name christine. Then took the wd 45 and hooked it to the number 7 mower because i needed to practice swearing. Did mow 10 acres of nice boot Timothy trefoil mix hay. Worked surprisingly well until i caught piece of rock and broke the last section and bent the bar. Loke my 82 s much better
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 21>
  Share Topic