What did you do with your Allis Today?

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=172523
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 6:34am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What did you do with your Allis Today?
Posted By: Reindeer
Subject: What did you do with your Allis Today?
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:46pm
I liked this thread last year, and thought I would resurrect it for 2020.
Been a wet spring and early summer here, so took the opportunity of a dryer day to mow the trail at the back of the property so the grandkids can stretch their legs a bit.
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4acy4BSgBs&t=10s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4acy4BSgBs&t=10s

Also have a carryall on the 3 pt and built a box on a pallet so I can use it for firewood, and general property maintenance. Used it to gather up the pruning from the winter kill on the shrubs yesterday.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: plummerscarin
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 5:53pm
Today I just stared at this new to me 7040.
I didn't need it, it was filthy when we got it but it was cheap enough.
It cleaned up pretty decent

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 6:55pm
Looks pretty good. Buy dirty, sell clean. Dealers do this all the time.

-------------

Posted By: jiminnd
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:48pm
Bladed my drive today with my WD.

-------------
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)

Posted By: Alberta Phil
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:57pm
Didn't do anything with mine today as it poured rain most of the day.  My new spindles and bearings for my Allis B1 mower arrived today from Brenda at Sandy Lake, so I can put the deck back together.  Moved a lot of dirt last weekend with the bucket on the D17LP modifying the Go Kart track for the grand kids!!

Posted By: Red Bank
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 11:24pm
uploads/18403/8BDBA140-6226-4717-A3BA-B7138FA860BE.jpeg" rel="nofollow - 8BDBA140-6226-4717-A3BA-B7138FA860BE.jpeg hey Plummer me too this was a couple of weeks ago. Stalled out and starter decided to let go. Pulled it out of the way. Still haven’t taken starter off yet. Bought it in March.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 11:28pm
this is how we got it home from the hay field. Quite a load

Posted By: shameless dude
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 12:02am
used my 180 with the ag crane on to unload a 6 ft, 3 pt mower i bought on an auction 

Posted By: Sugarmaker
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 2:10am
Humm, Nothing with Allis tractors today. But handled a lot of old Allis parts that I need to move to new home. Trying to clean out the vast warehouse. I did walk b the 45 many times and gave it a pat or two!:) Just feels right having some Allis tractors around! My Dad and Uncle would be happy!
Regards,
 Chris

-------------
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.

Posted By: IBWD MIke
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 5:35am
Put the second coat of paint on a seat flip-over bracket that is going on the 'Wide Front'.

Spent the day on a big road trip with stops in Winterset, Avoca, (Farmall-land), Bayard, Boone, and Colo. Didn't have time to much to or with the AC's. Today I will, going to do some mowing with the 185. Stupid Canadian thistles are starting to bloom, gotta knock them down to by some time. Not ready to spray them yet.

Posted By: REEDE
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 6:39am
Mowed lawn with the 912 hydro. 

Posted By: Mikez
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 7:23am
My nephews picked up yard with bumble B-10, cultivator on 912 and cultivated field, then put belly scraper on 916 and played in driveway. Oh And fed cows hay with cart.

Posted By: mhankins
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 7:56am
Been using the WD45 with a landscape/rock rake clearing brush and vines around an old house we bought next door.
Trying to get cleared out under the pecan trees we have over there. Sure beats dragging the cut brush by hand.

Posted By: mruhlig77
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 8:04am
185 with loader...moved stuff so I could mow....

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 8:09am
Red Bank, that's looks scary from a driver's perspective. At least it's home. Today I will drop the 3pt rake off the 185 and hook up the brush mower and go after some weeds. The thistle in the pasture is under control now with dedicated mowing before blooming.

Posted By: BigJon1_WI
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 10:21am
Creativly engineered a new handle and linkages to run the unload auger on my All Crop 90 from the seat.

Posted By: allisbred
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 7:57pm
Mowed my place with the ca this am, then jumped on the 45 to rake 2nd cutting grass, then went to the 185 and made some round bales.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by plummerscarin plummerscarin wrote:

Red Bank, that's looks scary from a driver's perspective. At least it's home. Today I will drop the 3pt rake off the 185 and hook up the brush mower and go after some weeds. The thistle in the pasture is under control now with dedicated mowing before blooming.
It was scary but my buddy owns the wrecker service and sent his 18yo son out on that call for one to get experience and two he knew I wouldn’t let him get in trouble lol. We carried it a half mile back to my farm at about 20mph

Posted By: HD6GTOM
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 8:01pm
Nothing, I'm stuck up at the lake doing a flea market. Wish I was home mowing with 3point hitch AC mower.

Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 8:56pm
Mowed six acres of new seeding Timothy with the wd 45 and the 82s mower. Broke a couple of rock guards and found new Holland ones work just fine. But then tried to mow the field next door with last years hay still in it. Not so good. Will get the roto baler out Saturday.

Posted By: Dave(inMA)
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 10:04pm
Nothing exciting other than fired up the CA so I could get the walk-behind mower out of the barn! At least one of the orange machines moved!

-------------
WC, CA, D14, WD45

Posted By: GARY(OH/IN)
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 11:18pm
Nothing Friday. Thursday mowed the acre lawn at the farm house with my 5015 and finish mower. Then went and worked until it got too hot tearing out electric fence at new place I recently bought. Dang town people and their horses. Lost the property but at least the horses didn't starve I guess cause there is still hay in the barn. Threw some found items on the truck to sell on Craigs List. Sold just under $4000 worth in May and June.

Posted By: jlbintn
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 12:00am
Worked on breaking bolts loose in order to remove the fenders for brake examination and likely replacement.

Hauled some wood to a stump burning project, too.

Posted By: randy
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:24am
Sprayed beans with my 8050.

-------------
CA WD WD45 D17 D17 Diesel 7060 8050 8070

Posted By: badjeep
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:36am
Plowed wheat stubble all afternoon with my 7020

-------------
In the shed- 7020,7060, L2 X (2), CII, WD X (2), 200, 210, 611H, 440, Fiat Allis 345B

Posted By: Dick L
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:22am
Raked hay with the 5020. Used it to mow the hay two days before.

Posted By: HudCo
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 11:06am
load scrap in the bone yard with the wd45

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 2:19pm
Used my Ac 110 and trailer and cleaned up the last of the 20 yards of mulch I spread in the last few days on the flower beds.

Posted By: exSW
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 6:01pm
Parked the round baler then drained the oil.

-------------
Learning AC...slowly

Posted By: Wayne180d
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:13pm
Didn't have time so I just looked at them

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 9:39pm
Took The WZ for a nice slow quiet ride at sunset. Reminded me of when I was a kid hauling two loads of hay home with a WD45! Nice cool evening after a scorching hot day!
 Regards,
 Chris

-------------
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 10:26pm
Well, we decided we needed to get back on the horse with the late landlord's wd 45. Tractor didn't kill him, keystone lite did. So got running and raked hay. Still at the end of the day, we feel probably should part it out. That, or name it christine

Posted By: wekracer
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 7:39am
Clipped about 40 acres of pasture with the 6080 and 15’ batwing.

Posted By: allisrutledge
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 6:42pm

-------------
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns

Posted By: Steve g
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 6:51pm
Not Allis but got Cat D2 out of barn. Trying to load pics. Can't figure it out to post.

Posted By: Steve g
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 6:54pm
Followed the lovely bride around the yard while she was mowing with a WD 45 with the gleaner E combine motor

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 7:48pm
Raked 5 acres of new seeding Timothy with the wd45 and the side delivery PTO driven ac take. Then made a couple hundred rotobales. Sure beats pulling teeth

Posted By: Ed (Ont)
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 8:26pm
Went for a nice ride on my WD45. Real warm day here.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 8:27pm
Replaced the temp sending unit on the 170. I just finished the overhaul and couldn't get a reading on the gauge. Also the 3pt arms were stuck in the up position and would not go down. Reread the 185 post and did as the Dr said. So far so good. Am posting the pics there as it relates to that thread. Now I need to figure out how to stop the "deiseling" when I go to shut it off.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 9:44pm
Folks,
 Snapped this picture of a double headed Allis WD series. Very odd. but werent they all!

Regards,
Chris

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 9:59pm
Nice there Chris!! Wrapped round bales today with the 200 and moved them with the wd45! Now my back hurts— lol!!

Posted By: Driverdan
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:13pm
Raked hay with the WD45, baled with the D17, pulled haywagons with the WC, and spread a load of manure with the other WD45...

Posted By: allis g
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:53pm
not today but on the 4th out here in the land of fruits and nuts governor said no celebrating the 4th so we had a protest parade here in our small town.  Protests are ok right?  I was the only orange tractor.  Took grandpas B, not a masking sight.  Total FU Newsome.

Posted By: truckerfarmer
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 6:47am
Cultivated a couple acres of pumpkins with the WD45 yesterday. Then worked up some fallow ground.

-------------
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!

Posted By: Gregor
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 8:37am
Made 49 round bales of brome grass from the ditches and waterways with the 8030 and hauled them off the fields with the 8070.  Air conditioning compressor locked up in the 8030.  Ordered a Sanden kit replacement and should be in today. 

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 10:07am
Finally got one of them out today.  I took the 5020 down back to bring the wagon up to the house.  Gonna use it to get momma's flowers and other decor out of the way for a new concrete slab we're getting poured for a patio.  Hopefully the heat will break before I gotta start working on the prep job I have to do.

I also cut the grass with the zero turn, it's Simplicity so that sorta makes it AC!

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 1:26pm
Too much to document over the weekend. Today I worked on painting more parts for the 'Wide-Front'. The decision to add a seat flip-over bracket led to a lot of work! Yesterday I got the broken bolt out of the shift tower that is going on.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 5:35pm
Hooked the 170 to the 3pt rake. After a minor issues the raking is finished just in time for the rain. Oh well.

Posted By: Dick L
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 6:13pm
I let them all bake in the sun all by themselves.  I tried to stay out of 90 some degree sun as much as could. 

Posted By: knkrein1
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 6:54pm
I was going to get the WD45 out of the shed so I could connected up the AllCrop 72 so could combine my big (4-5) acres of wheat only to find a flat right rear. What makes a inter tube vale steam go bad just setting. SO I had to get the rim\tire off the WD45 in the shed I was lucky I had enough room to get the loader tractor in to get the tire out and on to the trailer to get repaired. Going to use windshield washer ballast this time.  Oh and I used one of the CA's to move the trailer out of the way so I could get to the 45.

-------------
Ken R.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 10:20pm
Fussed with the carb on the D15 S2 yesterday, so took it for a run down the side road today to warm it up and adjust the jets a bit. Stopped by the shed this evening and have half a gallon of gas on the floor. Shut off the gas at the sediment bowl. Carb kit on the way!

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 8:12pm
Sorry,
 As usual a day late and a dollar short! 
( I was bad and ran the Ford for 4 hours mowing) 
The Allis tractors get to rest. They did get rinsed several times today. We needed the rain.
But here are some shots from this past week:

GGrandson Rhett teaching me how to drive "his" tractor. He is 5 going on 15!

Yea thats a CASE hat on me. I like those too. Dont have one yet!

Rhett and his little brother Cooper fighting about who uses the only brush to scrub Rhett's  WD.

A good bath and resting in the shade on a hot day. Note the 7 bolt front end!

Cooper on "my" WD45! At least no one has claimed this one yet!

The WZ called into action to demo the "vast warehouse"! Way past time for it to go!

Wide front in for the clean up:

WD45 in back ground staying out of the way!

Made one heck of a fire too:

OK I am pretty well caught up!Smile
 Regards,
 Chris

-------------

Posted By: jlbintn
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 11:19pm
Installed new right side brake pads.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 3:34pm
Had the D15 all ready to take out and do some mowing, and then it rained.  Waited a couple hours, things dried up nicely so dashed out to get the thistles cut before they bloom.  Hardly made a full round and a little cloud started to drizzle, and then proceeded to get me and the machines pretty wet.  
Finished up wet, but finished.

Video below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uUp3Uymgco" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uUp3Uymgco

Dave

-------------

Posted By: Dan Hauter
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 9:32pm
Yesterday I took 1 of my WD's to a celebration of life for a friend who passed away.  

Posted By: ocharry
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 10:45pm
Been mowing for last 3 days with my 170

I sure love this ol tractor...do some more mowing tomorrow.. And then the tiller goes back on to turn over the deer plots one more time before planting

Guy on you tube calls it sterile tilling...he says it helps with the weeds so you dont have to use chemical's... This will be the fourth time I've tilled them...and I got to say they are pretty clean...so next time I till it will be time to plant

Ocharry

Posted By: Gary Burnett
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 6:16am
Bought an AC snap coupler post hole digger and sickle bar mower.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 6:33am
Nice score!

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 7:30am
Spent part of the morning working on the 'Wide Front'. The paint thing is on-going. I decided to add a seat flip-over bracket and that led to painting everything seat related. The down side of this is it's near impossible to operate a 45 with no seat.

When I went to start the thing it started rolling, I had blocked a wheel but didn't use a big enough block! I panicked and jammed it in gear, and now it's stuck in low gear. I have another shifter in process, this will get a little more urgency in getting it done!

Got the seat back on it, bruised up some of the new paint. Such is life, will have to have paint touch up day sometime.

So here she sits until I get the 'new' shifter done and installed.

Later I started on a red project I acquired on Saturday, wish I would have taken a pic of it.

Edit; got the picture figured out.

Posted By: ACinSC
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 8:00am
David , that's a very nice D 15 you have . Thanks for posting !

Posted By: Chaimers
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 2:00pm
Used D15I to work sweet corn. Used D15II to plant last of sweet corn. Unloaded a new arrival CA and got 2 more CAs to go get.(O ya,planted with 2 row AC planter)

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 5:21pm
Used the 170 to rake hay. Awful wet underneath. Maybe it wont rain tomorrow

Posted By: Boss Man
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 6:17pm

Posted By: Tim NH
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 7:16pm
Finally had a chance to install a horn on my 7000. Push the either button and the horn blows. Grand kids will love it. 

-------------
1950 WD 1959 D14 1955 WD45 1976 7000 B 207

Posted By: Luke114
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:39am
My son and I figured out we had recreated the cover photo from the Hesston manual.  Or pretty close anyhow!

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:48am
50 years later and still making money! nice picture!

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 9:32pm
That’s cool!

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:33pm
Had my stepdaughter and her kids here Friday.  Taught the 13 year old step grand daughter? to drive one of the Allis 'B's.

Today I installed the new spindles and bearings that I got last week from Sandy Lake, into the B1 mower deck and mowed a lot of grass.  Man, it sure cuts nice and smooth now!! 
Also ran the 716H mower for a while too.  Both good machines!

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 3:49pm
Thanks for the kind words AC in SC.  It was my retirement project.  Now it sits in the shop except for "annual mowing of the weeds".  After going through it, had a local painter do it up with automotive paint.   Not my painting.  It would look like it had the measles if I were the painter....:).

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 9:37pm
Hooked the 7040 to the roll baler and the got the hay up.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 7:38pm
I had the 5015 out today and ran over some rough ground to cut down the weeds. That little diesel is happiest when it gets worked, and with the mowing I've had, it just keeps running better.  Most of the year it just idles around and gets carboned up and runs worse and worse, but this time of year it sounds like it wants me to buy a rototiller and really make it smoke.  Speaking of which there is a 4' AC rototiller for sale close to me, but the guy wants almost 2000$ Canuck bucks for it.  Looks to be OK, but just too rich for my blood.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 7:57pm
Sprayed beans with the 7045.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:15pm
picked up a used Woods 121 yesterday and tried it out this morning. After using a 6’ bush hog for 18 years it was a big difference with a 10’ lol

Posted By: ibleedorange
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:50am
Cultivated the pumpkin patch with the G.

-------------
Tractors; If it runs, use it. Motorcycles: Ride em like today is your last day.

Posted By: AC720Man
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 3:11pm

Mowed the farm with our trusty 52’ CA/L306 Woods mower. Big brother mowed a pasture field with the 1968 series lI D-15. Normally don’t mow on a Sunday but we just got back from vacation. Finally got some rain. It’s been 4 weeks since we mowed.

-------------
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 9:42pm
Had the D15 out and did some more mowing yesterday.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 7:45am
Used the Wide front WD to clean up job site.
Regards,
 Chris

-------------

Posted By: ksbowman
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 7:54am
Mowed pastures with 180D. It handles a 15' brush hog like it isn't even there.

Posted By: 1852 Moore Farm
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 5:50pm
Brush cut about 50 acres of CRP over the weekend with our D19. The old girl ran like a top... and drank gas like a fish.

Posted By: TomC
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 2:51pm
Got my 52 CA out,hooked the sprayer up on the 3 point and got it all set to go, nice day so after I was done I took it for about a 30 minute ride.

Posted By: EPALLIS
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 12:09am
Took the D-15 Series II (serial # #21563) on a drive around the farm today.  I used 3rd low range this time for the entire trip.  Takes longer instead of 3rd high range, however I enjoyed the trip more.  Almost 2 hours to complete everything.  It ran like a charm.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:28am
Friday, I used the D17 LP loader tractor to help load a rough '27 Allis 20-35 on the trailer which I sold to a young Allis enthusiast as a restoration project.  Then used it to load one of my Allis side delivery rakes which he also bought to restore to go with his nicely restored WC.
Today probably will use one of the WD's and bush hog to mow out along the west fenceline to keep it clear of brush and weeds.

Posted By: knkrein1
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:54am
I took a one of my CA's with a plow and a WD45 to the Waterloo Farm Museum which is near Waterloo Mi. yesterday for their show.  I think that I'll trailer the CA home and drive the WD45 home it's only a 11 -10 mile drive.

-------------
Ken R.

Posted By: bendts
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 1:53pm
Finished most of the re-wire and put in the new gauges in the dash. Now just have to put the dash back in and do a smoke test.

-------------
1960 D17 Gas # 28849

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 2:02pm
one small field of 3 acres never got planted this spring... 4 ft tall weeds today... Spent 2 hours cutting with the 6 ft sickle on the B.

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 8:19am
Took the "Wide-Front" and the 3-16" 63 plow up to Marshalltown and wore some of the new off the tires. That ground was like concrete! Plowed for about an hour and a half, had a big ol' grin on my face.

This would have been done the week before at the Mid Iowa antique Power Assn. show and I would have posted about it to alert anyone interested. Because of the current situation the show was cancelled. Crops in the field still needed to be harvested and ground available to plow. Was deemed a club day.

Posted By: AC720Man
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:28am

Mowed 2nd cutting orchard Grass old school...1952 WD with 82S mower and 60’s era AC conditioner.

-------------
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD

Posted By: mhankins
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 3:17pm
Mowed 5 acres with the finish mower.

Posted By: BigGuy1000
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 5:12pm
Major power out here in NWIL since Monday PM, so the 1951 WD runs the generator for the dairy farm and 2 homes 10 to 12 hours  per day!!!

Posted By: FREEDGUY
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 5:53pm
It was yesterday, but got the 180 and the XT out to wash off the hoods and fenders due to bats Angry. There were no signs of them 3 weeks ago Geek .

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 6:02pm
Got the '28 20-35 out for a run yesterday and also the '48 U.  Used one of the 'B's to belt up the 20-35 as I flooded it and ran out of steam hand cranking it.  After that an allis buddy and I took it for a run. 

Posted By: Chad S
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 8:37pm
Raked hay with the 45.

-------------
36 WC,41 WC,53 WD45,57 D14,65 D21,68 XT,72 XT,81 7045

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 3:35pm
My 45 finish raking 4th cutting canary/alfalfa mix hay.

Posted By: BrianC
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 3:51pm
Used the 160 to finish mow 4 acres.
Switched to the bush hog and chopped down the first two batches of picked over sweet corn. I normally disc harrow it over. I hope this is not a mistake, now I have a 2" layer of green silage, cant see the soil. Just trying something different. In 3 weeks I will disk it and plant winter rye cover.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 5:58pm
Maybe a new RB driver on my 185!

Posted By: jiminnd
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 8:26pm
Put 7 ft bushhog on 185, mower a bunch of grass around the old cattle yard, more to do but another day.

-------------
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)

Posted By: ac45dave
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 10:10pm
It was yest**day, mowed the fields with the wd45 diesel and the new to me A/C 172 rotary cutter.A fun day for sure.                                                                                        

-------------
54 wd-45gas ; 56 wd-45d N/F w/fact p/s ; 63 d-17 sIII N/F gas ; 60 D14 N/F ; 67 d-17 sIV N/F gas ; 63D15 sII W/F; 39rc#667 ; 2021 massey 4710 fwa ; gravely 2 wheel tractors

Posted By: ibleedorange
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 6:20am
Teaching the grand kids what cultivating is all about. 48' G.[TUBE]niTGvd-3Hdk[/TUBE][TUBE]fvDiqZgC9w8[/TUBE]

-------------
Tractors; If it runs, use it. Motorcycles: Ride em like today is your last day.

Posted By: Trinity45
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 6:45am
My 185 and a 7' bushhog knocked down corn stalks now that the sweet corn is done.

Posted By: SGTJ
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 7:24am
Rebuilt the Carb on the WD

10% chance i fixed it 

40% chance nothing changed 

50% chance i made it worse 

100% chance im calling Steiner to B!*ch about the missing parts in my rebuild kit. 

-------------
WD , CA

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net