This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 wet clutch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 wet clutch
    Posted: 29 Jul 2024 at 8:57pm
Wet clutch stopped working after sitting a bit, so I thought it was stuck.  Tear it down, and this is what I find.  Any way to fix this without tearing it out?  Grade 8 bolt/nut and peen the threads?  I re-engaged the clutch, and it's lined back up now.

Edited by sling-it - 29 Jul 2024 at 8:58pm
Sponsored Links

sling-it View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2024 at 10:25pm
btw, I know it's dry...I drained it a while back and haven't ran it since.  Finally getting around to fixing it.
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2024 at 10:50pm
How many are missing?
I broke one on my 45d and ended up replacing it with a grade 5 bolt shank, local blacksmith put it in his lath and made look completely original.
Agco does have them as of a year ago but they was like $75-$80 bucks per pin.
Hope this helps….
1955 AC WD45 diesel with D262 repower, 1949 AC WD45
sling-it View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2024 at 11:12pm
As far as I can see, only the one is missing.  
How did you end up locking it in?  I can see a nut working, but riveting doesn't look possible due to space.
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2024 at 11:40pm
I used the original style snap ring
Agco part 70223395
I was thinking there was a longer and a shorter pin but agco parts book shows the same number which is 70223159

Any blacksmith should be able to lath a snap ring grove in grade 5 material and that’s why I decided to use grade 5, they are originally grade 8 and maybe harder but I haven’t had a problem yet with mine…
1955 AC WD45 diesel with D262 repower, 1949 AC WD45
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2024 at 6:34am
You'd better finding the missing pin before it rolls thru all the PTO gears and destroys them.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2024 at 12:21pm
If you're lucky the pin has made it to the bottom of the PTO box. If you're wise you'll not engage the PTO before pulling it off.
sling-it View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2024 at 6:24pm
I was thinking along the same lines, so today I went magnet fishing.  Found something I've never seen before.  The clip didn't break, it wore OUT and was still on the pin!  I think agco wants about 40 or 50 bucks for that clip....NOT WORTH IT LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic