This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 service manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALinIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 service manual
    Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 11:54am
Am looking for an electronic copy of service manual.  I lost mine in my old computer with a lightning strike along with all of my other service manuals.  Any help with getting a free copy would be appreciated.
ALan
Sponsored Links

Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 1:53pm
http://www.grandpastractor.com is a good place to look.

Gerald J.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:40pm

I downloaded both the Service Manual and Parts Catalog from Grandpas Tractors.

Gary
sadmyentist View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadmyentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 4:23pm
Pm me if you can't make grampa's work & I'll email it to you
Allis Wd45 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis Wd45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 8:55pm
Does someone happen to have the PDF file that could be emailed to me? Thanks,Aaron
WD45
IH Cub Cadet 149,1650,1250
#2 Cart, IH#2 Tiller
sadmyentist View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadmyentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 7:24pm
I got Aaron covered here. 
silverad View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 10:33pm
Hello

So, I just purchased a WD45,

It sat for about 5 years, but looks to be in pretty good condition, and I am hoping it will fire up with not a whole lot of work.

I am wanting to obtain Operator Manual and Service Manual PDFs

I tried to find that Grandpa Tractor website, but it seems to have gone away.

Can anyone steer me to another source for these PDFs?

Also, this is a wide front end WD45, and the cross bar (the long channel section that pivots on the tractor) is bent.

I asked the seller about it and sure enough, he said he tried to lift a huge concrete block with the bucket and bent the cross bar.

So, can it be straightened?

I have a real strong bottle jack, 30 ton or so, and a real beefy steel I beam,

Seems to me that the crossbar could be pulled back into position with chains at each end and the jack in the middle???

Thanks for your input 

Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 5:23am
Grandpa's Tractors site has been dead for quite a time now.  I don't know if any of the vendors that advertise here have electronic copies of the AC manuals for sale.

Here is a link to the AGCO publications site where you can purchase the books in electronic or printed form.  I will say AGCO's prices are reasonable compared to many.  You need to be careful, not just of security, but because of some of the electronic copies advertised on the web are I&T manuals, or they may be incomplete.  https://www.agcopubs.com/

This site ( https://archive.org/details/collection_01_allis_chalmers_manuals/1-Row-Combination-Planter-TM-390001 ) has a number of the real AC manuals for different tractors and equipment, and some manuals that are I&T.  These can be downloaded (free) and saved.  It isn't bad to have a copy of the I&T manual to go with the AC manual, but the AC one is needed.  JMHO

silverad View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 10:40am
Hello

Hey thanks for the referral, I was able to download the WD45 operator manual and parts book.

They do not seem to have the WD45 service manual,

but I did find the WD service manual here

https://www.pdfmanual4trucks.com/allis-chalmers/

if anybody wants one of those

Any input on staightening that WD45 wide front end???

Thanks again.... 

Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 11:07am
The actual service manual for the WD45 is the same manual for the D14, WD, and WD45.  AGCO publication # 79003405 is the part number for it.  It is only about $32.  right from AGCO.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic