This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video of hard shifting 200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video of hard shifting 200
    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 7:52am
youtu.be/9flBlkG8wcALooks like the dr may be right. Any other thoughts?
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:10am
If ya don't want to have to use your toe, fix the slop in the linkage.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:12am

Shift long shift lever is positioned too far to the right to begin with. If you have the two shifter yoke bolts as tight as you can stand, try to unbolt the yoke itself and flip it over to see if you can't get the shift lever more to the left. Reverse position has a lockout spring to depress inside the trans cover, so until your shift lever can apply enough pressure against that spring, you'll never get it into reverse.

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:19am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

If ya don't want to have to use your toe, fix the slop in the linkage.
That's the goal Smile
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:26am
I'll try that doc. I had thought that the lever is over too far...... let me correct myself.... I figured the tin cover was too far to the left and not allowing the lever over enough. I had all this apart and then tried to push the cover over to the right as I tightened it down but still the same. I suppose if flipping the linkage doesn't work I could either slot the holes on the cover or I was thinking I could file the inside of the front yoke and then shim it to get the lever over. I think first I'll tighten the rear lock nut again and then if that works I'll replace both lock nuts because I think the rear one may have loosened up because I'm sure I had that rear bolt tighter than that.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 10:01pm
Just tighten the two bolts a little. Don't over tighten or it won't shift at all.    MACK     
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 7:40am
I have it in the shop now because a lift cylinder blew it's seal but I plan on tightening the bolts again but I don't believe they hold so I think I need new lock nuts or I'll take a center punch and make them lock again.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic