This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hundred series front weight question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hundred series front weight question
    Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 7:25pm
I was at my friend Bobs today and ran across some more of his front weights. I was wondering the following.

Are the starter weights all the same for the 190, 210 and 220 ?

The bolt holes are 16 inches apart that tap into the  casting. (3/4 BOLTS).
The other holes are 10 7/8 centers for either the big slab weights 12.5 inches x 24.5 wide or the double stack ones right on top of each other (Top and Bottom).

The cast numbers on the big ones are AC-40. Does that sound right ?

I dont have the suitcase weights for the 210, but would the above  all fit ? It looks like it should all bolt up. He has enough to put a stack of 3 on each tractor.

Just looking for some feedback from the AC police if this is right or what you folks think good or bad.

Thanks in advanced, Darryl
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
Sponsored Links

BurtIA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurtIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 7:57pm
They will fit, have them on my 190XT, 210 and 220. Are they correct? Don't know but I like the looks of them.

Take care, Burt

Edited by BurtIA - 17 Nov 2010 at 7:58pm
Oldoug View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 7:39am
Starter weights should be all the same.  AC-40 is not the correct casting number for the orignial Allis weight should be a AM-number.  The only your looking at could be a aftermarket version of the weight.
Matt Folkers

FOLKERS RESTORATION

Restoring vintage things to last so the future can enjoy our past.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 10:42am
Darryl as far as I know the starter weight is the same across the 100 line. A person does see more 210s w/suitcase brackets than 220s for some reason. I think they both look a little nekid with no weights of some kind hanging out front. Personaly I like the looks of the slabs, just cant decide how many? maybe two more?? As for the correction police,,, I wont go there.

About ready for some fresh orange
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 11:32am
Looken good Butch, where did you find the stack?  I'm guessing its a 4in. with a reducer to 3?
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 3:35pm
I'm with Butch on this issue.  I don't remember any Two-Twenty's coming out of Dad's dealership with suitcase weights; only the starter weight and then the slabs (Butch, about 4 more would look great!).  I also don't remember any Two-Ten's that did have the starter weight and slabs; only suitcase weights.  But, they may very well work/fit just fine. 

Check out Brian Ahart's webpage for the "correct" One Hundred series suitcase weights (I've got a few of them but they're not for sale)
Brian F(IL)
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Jordan(OH) Jordan(OH) wrote:

Looken good Butch, where did you find the stack?  I'm guessing its a 4in. with a reducer to 3?
Thank you, Think its the contrast with the  olive drab engine? LOL  Stack came from Truck Pro 48" x 4" with swaged end, about $75. Reducer from NAPA. They have about 20 4-3 reducers with all combos of inside and outside bla bla bla. Make sure they get the right one, took my NAPA three tries.

Edited by Butch(OH) - 18 Nov 2010 at 4:37pm
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 5:12pm
OK guys, when did Allis first offer suitcase on a 190? 
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 8:13am
Lonn, I don't think AC ever did offer suitcase weights for a One-Ninety from the factory.  I think it was the 200 and then the Two-Ten where suitcase weights started (other than the smaller tractors).  At least that's what my feeble memory can recall. 
Brian F(IL)
Lester View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 8:53am
The 170 starter weight is a little narrower.
Chad (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 9:53pm
I thought I would try suitcase weights on my 220.

Chad (MN)
220 3-190XT 2-D19d D19g 5-D17 UC 3-WC 2-WD 3-WD45 CA C H3 7-AllCrops 14-plows 3-Gleaners Lawnmowers SC-equipment
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 10:06pm
I like the way the Hundred Series tractors look with black suitcase weights.

Edited by Claus - 21 Nov 2010 at 10:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic