Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20962
Printed Date: 25 Sep 2024 at 2:32pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hundred series front weight question
Posted By: DarrylinWA
Subject: Hundred series front weight question
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 7:25pm
I was at my friend Bobs today and ran across some more of his front weights. I was wondering the following.

Are the starter weights all the same for the 190, 210 and 220 ?

The bolt holes are 16 inches apart that tap into the  casting. (3/4 BOLTS).
The other holes are 10 7/8 centers for either the big slab weights 12.5 inches x 24.5 wide or the double stack ones right on top of each other (Top and Bottom).

The cast numbers on the big ones are AC-40. Does that sound right ?

I dont have the suitcase weights for the 210, but would the above  all fit ? It looks like it should all bolt up. He has enough to put a stack of 3 on each tractor.

Just looking for some feedback from the AC police if this is right or what you folks think good or bad.

Thanks in advanced, Darryl

-------------
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.

Replies:
Posted By: BurtIA
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 7:57pm
They will fit, have them on my 190XT, 210 and 220. Are they correct? Don't know but I like the looks of them.

Take care, Burt

Posted By: Oldoug
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 7:39am
Starter weights should be all the same.  AC-40 is not the correct casting number for the orignial Allis weight should be a AM-number.  The only your looking at could be a aftermarket version of the weight.

-------------
Matt Folkers

FOLKERS RESTORATION

Restoring vintage things to last so the future can enjoy our past.

Posted By: Butch(OH)
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 10:42am
Darryl as far as I know the starter weight is the same across the 100 line. A person does see more 210s w/suitcase brackets than 220s for some reason. I think they both look a little nekid with no weights of some kind hanging out front. Personaly I like the looks of the slabs, just cant decide how many? maybe two more?? As for the correction police,,, I wont go there.

About ready for some fresh orange

Posted By: Jordan(OH)
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 11:32am
Looken good Butch, where did you find the stack?  I'm guessing its a 4in. with a reducer to 3?

Posted By: Brian F(IL)
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 3:35pm
I'm with Butch on this issue.  I don't remember any Two-Twenty's coming out of Dad's dealership with suitcase weights; only the starter weight and then the slabs (Butch, about 4 more would look great!).  I also don't remember any Two-Ten's that did have the starter weight and slabs; only suitcase weights.  But, they may very well work/fit just fine. 

Check out Brian Ahart's webpage for the "correct" One Hundred series suitcase weights (I've got a few of them but they're not for sale)
Brian F(IL)

Posted By: Butch(OH)
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Jordan(OH) Jordan(OH) wrote:

Looken good Butch, where did you find the stack?  I'm guessing its a 4in. with a reducer to 3?
Thank you, Think its the contrast with the  olive drab engine? LOL  Stack came from Truck Pro 48" x 4" with swaged end, about $75. Reducer from NAPA. They have about 20 4-3 reducers with all combos of inside and outside bla bla bla. Make sure they get the right one, took my NAPA three tries.

Posted By: Lonn
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 5:12pm
OK guys, when did Allis first offer suitcase on a 190? 

-------------
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Posted By: Brian F(IL)
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 8:13am
Lonn, I don't think AC ever did offer suitcase weights for a One-Ninety from the factory.  I think it was the 200 and then the Two-Ten where suitcase weights started (other than the smaller tractors).  At least that's what my feeble memory can recall. 
Brian F(IL)

Posted By: Lester
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 8:53am
The 170 starter weight is a little narrower.

Posted By: Chad (MN)
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 9:53pm
I thought I would try suitcase weights on my 220.

Chad (MN)

-------------
220 3-190XT 2-D19d D19g 5-D17 UC 3-WC 2-WD 3-WD45 CA C H3 7-AllCrops 14-plows 3-Gleaners Lawnmowers SC-equipment

Posted By: Claus
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 10:06pm
I like the way the Hundred Series tractors look with black suitcase weights.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net