This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hydraulic cables

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis/cattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydraulic cables
    Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 2:16pm
How is a person supposed to run the hydraulic control cable from the valve to the handle on a 7040 with serial number 1982? I got a cable from ago but it seam short. The tractor has triple remotes. This is the third cable I’ve put on in 10 years . Bunker hill cable is not an option cause they don’t ship to Canada
Sponsored Links

Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 7:54pm
If it still has the smaller ,3/16 size cables, then the tallest lever uses a different cable than the other two levers.  Tall lever use 70269207 and the other levers use 70268511. The larger,1/4 inch cables, are the same for all three levers.
allis/cattle View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis/cattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 9:30pm
I knew that part I’m just having trouble routeing them properly
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 6:12am
Routing ?? They connect to the appropriate lever and pretty much go straight out thru the rear cab wall and curl around to the valve. If your cable is too SHORT, it ptobably won't reach.
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 6:59am
Yes,the route should be the same as the old one that was taken out and very similar to the other remote cables already there. A new agco cable probably has a part number on it to verify that it's correct for your application.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 7:59am
How did you replace it, the previous times?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
allis/cattle View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis/cattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 4:04pm
I just managed to get it the other times. I did figure out today that my #1 lever was connected to #3 valve so I swapped them around and it’s ready to go
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic