This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The OLD GUYS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Chuck(ONT) Chuck(ONT) wrote:

Brian Rees was from Austrailia and on the old forum, if only I could remember the builder from NW Lwr MI. I think he hd a tree farm. 

Brad Hopgood built houses. Hasn't been here for a long time.Not sure he was on the new version. I had his email and asked him how things turned out for his daughter(brain cancer?) because hadn't heard from him on forum for long time.He replied and said all was well,that everything turned out good.That had to be several years ago now. I met him and his wife in Booneville GOTO 2006.
Sponsored Links

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 10:02pm
Think IG has the correct last name for Brad
Auntwayne View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 10:18pm
   I trolled on here for years until Ryan convinced me to join one day. Back then Charlie Tucker and Jeff Z were the main posters.   And back then, I remember Jeff Z taking anybody who posted "NORMAL" talk in the farm equipment to "TASK" because that was only allowed in shops and varmints.

Edited by Auntwayne - 22 Dec 2016 at 10:41pm
Dad always said," If you have one boy, you have a man. If you have two boys, you have two boys". "ALLIS EXPRESS"
Sandknob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandknob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 10:29pm
I got on the old forum probably around 93-94 time frame it seems, if I remember correctly. Can remember some of the old names who have passed away now. Rich Davis, John (CIL).
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by ILGLEANER ILGLEANER wrote:

Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

I was a regular on the old forum.  I think from the start, or close to when Darin birthed it.  I see that I joined this one in Sept 09, so that would have been when the other died.  I'm thinking I started searching the internet for AC around 96 if I'm not mistaken, so I would have found the old site after that, but can't narrow it down much more than that.

I remember  that there were not a lot of questions, but when there was a new one, nearly everybody posted a reply to it.

There were a couple of other guys on here from western MI.  I can't remember their names, one did some auctioneer, and the other built custom houses.  They either quit here or changed their usernames.  They were helpful guys.

John the house builder your thinking of was  Brad Hopewell  if I remember right.

Brad and Jan Hopwood from northern MI.

I came on here in '98, had a couple of D19 diesels to my name. Had no idea what a B or C was as I grew up on WD45 diesels....learned a lot in a few years, and my collection grew to close to 100 tractors and almost as many implements.

Lots of info in those early years, a few fights along the way, also!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 10:45pm
Found this forum in 2011, registered in '14, and didn't even know an old one existed! Lol!

Edited by CrestonM - 22 Dec 2016 at 10:46pm
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 12:10am
A Simplicity dealer at Bluffton Ohio told me about this site and simple tractors.com when I was looking for a part in 2007. He has since closed the business. I'm still here but don't post much.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 5:32am
I'm one of the old guys. I think that I first got on the old forum in the early to mid 90's.
Through the forums I have met  many of you in person and became friends. I attended the second Orange Spectacular and my first GOTO in Freeport the following weekend in 1993.
I also have every copy of Old Allis News. It has come a long way thanks to Dave and Heidi.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 6:10am
I didnt realize that the page had existed that long, but I was a bit late in finding the internet. Sometime in mid 1999 I had just been installed as President of the company I still run to this day and they put a brand new computer on my desk and the controller said it had Internet access and I said so what? what does that do? She said there is things on there to look at and I said like what?  She said what interests you? I was just starting to restore Dad's model A and I said Allis Chalmers. She showed me how to dial up and on some long forgotten search engine it came up with this page, or she may have typed it in the address bar, too long ago.  So if I ignore the search page I can say this site is the very first web site I ever visited, How many can claim that??? LOL

Link provided here is to a snap shot of the old Forum from 2000. Many names there I had forgotten about. Ted Buisker is still around and kicking we just got a Christmas card from him and Sue and also Brad and Jan Hopwood.

A look at what this place looked like 16 years ago

http://web.archive.org/web/20001018042353/3000toys.com/allischalmers/forum/forum_list.asp?

Edited by Butch(OH) - 23 Dec 2016 at 6:14am
bryani289swmi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryani289swmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 7:17am
I first started following the site in the mid to late 1990's. This post reminds me I should go back through my emails to look at the names I've corresponded with over the years, I copied all the old PM's into one email for reference. At tractor shows I always wonder how many of the folks there are on this forum. Thanks.

Bryan
Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollowpoints explode on impact.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 7:42am
Originally posted by LSilseth LSilseth wrote:

Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

I first posted in 2000 but under some made up name I can't remember. I posted about when my uncles and grandpa watched their first demo of a WD45 against a John Deere 60 pulling a farmer's plow. I've retold the story a couple times since. The farmer was my grandpa's neighbor who was considering a new tractor so the two local dealers met up in his field each with a tractor and took turns using the farmer's plow and the rounds were timed. It took place at Oslo, Minnesota, the southern Oslo not the northern. Yes there are two Oslo's in Minnesota!! I'll give one guess as to which tractor came out on top by a country mile. Big smile

The John Deere 60 Wink LOL LOL
Yyyeaaahhh....... not Shocked
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 7:48am
Dang....thats an awesome pic Butch!

Good memories! Those were the years that if anyone could post a picture you were really doing something!

I would post pictures today but haven't made time to figure out how again! LOL

Edited by Don(MI) - 23 Dec 2016 at 7:48am
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Don(MI) Don(MI) wrote:

Dang....thats an awesome pic Butch!

Good memories! Those were the years that if anyone could post a picture you were really doing something!

I would post pictures today but haven't made time to figure out how again! LOL

First picture of mine that got posted here was like #10 or so on the old photo archive. I had no idea how to do it so I got a copy made at Wall Mart and sent it via slow mail to Dave Bowers in Phoenix AZ and he scanned it and posted it for me, LOL 
alan-nj View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan-nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 8:02am
yeah, I'm an oldtimer too.  I've got a post on Butch's page, think it was one of my first.  Found the page in 2000, which is when I made my way back to tractors after being away from them for quite a few years.  Lot of names have come and gone over the years.
If ignorance is bliss, than happy days are here again.
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 8:07am
Is Ted Buisker still around?
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 9:05am
Yep,Ole "biscuit" still here
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 9:45am
I've been on here since the very late 90's but I have had to reboot several times and have had several different names but it was fun
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Don(MO) Don(MO) wrote:

Like most of the guys that Joined this new forum back in Oct or Sept of 2009 I found the old forum back in 1989 or so and then when we lost the good old one I got logged on this new fanged one on 12 Sep 2009 at 7:05amand boy did I hated trying to get a handle on all the new stuff this one had, I was so lost and well maybe I'm still lost. lol
Back in the olden days you get on and check for a new post and not see one new post for days but when a new one was posted you read and reread it just because it was new.
That was back when old Freddy, Steve and that bunch of good guys had a ball picking on each other over the funnest stuff, I'd laugh my butt off. I made lots of GOOD friends on the old one and now this one. I do miss the old guys going at it like the old one had. lmao
Sometime it took a week before anyone would post back on something you asked.  Now it's just minutes and you have the answer you want!
You talking about them guys pickin on ole "Shorty"......hehehe....they must be getting older too, cause they aren't picking like they used to...they grew UP......er......OLDer.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 1:13pm
Not sure when I joined, I think in '09 was when it switched?? I was here about 2 years before that + or -. I do remember a few of the past members, Barb was one, allways very helpful if ya needed computer help, and the guy that did babbit bearings, that not a issue to talk about??
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Don(MO) Don(MO) wrote:

Like most of the guys that Joined this new forum back in Oct or Sept of 2009 I found the old forum back in 1989 or so...

Don - your "or so" is off by a decade me thinks...either turn the decades dial a notch forward on your way back machine or put the bottle of Christmas "spirits" away for a while!  LMAO!  LOL   Mike
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 1:55pm
Yes Mike I got it backwards it's not 1989 it was 1998. I can't remember that far back in time but can remember You where on the old forum too. lol
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:01pm
I first stumbled on to this site in the late 90's I usually just read and then started to post some.  It was about this time that I hauled a couple of items for someone when I went from MN to the east coast,  From that came about a part time winter business that took me to every one of the 48 mainland states hauling equipment, some for people on here and much for people on YT's hauling schedule.  I did that for over 10 years and I will tell you that I was never cheated out of a nickle.  That my friends says a lot about the people involved in restoring old iron.  I have enjoyed this site in the past and still enjoy it today. Many of the names of old are no longer on here some because of other interests and some because they are no longer with us. I fondly remember John from CIL I sure do miss seeing him every year at Hutch.
KenBWisc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenBWisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:03pm
Your guess may be wrong! I was on the old forum. 
'34 WC #629, '49 G, '49 B, '49 WD, '62 D-19, '38 All Crop 60 and still hunting!
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:27pm
I found the original forum in like 2003 or 2004 when I started working on my Series IV D17 but didn't really start posting till late 2004 or early 2005.  I remember getting help early on getting my 66 running to do some wheat.   Don was a long time lurker too, he didn't really start posting until after I had my first plow day (rained out!) but Don, Rick Corder and Rick Maldeney all showed up and ate chili and had a great time talking Orange! Clap  Mike 
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
Dave Richards (WV) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:37pm
I joined in 98 or 99 also.  I remember they started a string on how everyone chose their screen name for the forum.  I replied that I wanted to use "Ted Buisker" but some other goober was using it so I let mom pick one.  That got a few comments.  I mentioned to a new member how great the Pennsylvania guys were and the Southern PA boys talked with a West Virginia accent.  That started a minor range war. I had to apologize, but it wasn't my fault cause I didn't realize they could read.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:39pm
I remember the old site and old Okie collecting old field stuff
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 3:20pm
I just ask my lady and she said we were Windows 95 when we joined. Maybe 96 or 97. Gateway computer in the cow painted box. I remember Okie Boy. He could make you laugh until you cry. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 3:27pm
I think I found this site when I joined the internet in 1994.  
I remember typing Allis Chalmers in the search engine and here came this site.  Have never left it since.
Has been real fun.  Was a pleasure to meet some of the members at various GOTO's. Always a pleasure.  Wonderful people
As to Brian.  I really miss him.  We became friends when I thanked the Australians for joining us in Vietnam.  Brian was an Australian Vietnam Veteran.  He thanked the USA for stepping up in WWII to keep the Japs out of Australia
Something happened on this site and Brian moved to facebook.  We kept in touch for a while then - much to my sorrow -  he disappeared. 
Let us all give Darin a big thanks for making this available.  It has been my sincere pleasure.
Good Luck! Can you believe I have been using that closing since 1994.
 Bill Long
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 3:47pm
I miss BR's posts from down under. Pretty girls, fast cars and that crazy two legged horse some how made their way here thanks to him. He loved the USA more then some that live here today.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by David Maddux David Maddux wrote:

I took the UC up yesterday and met Wendel, the fellow that bought Allen Jone's "A". A lot of featured JD tractors and red tractors. The AC numbers suck, locals bring your AC's down this morning, don't embarrass me. Sure it is going to be hot, but it is dry and that feels good to me. Come on down guys. Dave.

I wasn't on the old forum and just lurked before this post in 2010, bet he's wondered many times, "Damn, if I'd just stayed home."
Maximum use of available resources!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic