Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=132938
Printed Date: 01 Jul 2024 at 7:51am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The OLD GUYS
Posted By: Don(MI)
Subject: The OLD GUYS
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:16am

Winter finds me back on the Forum again. Seems like I always take spring through fall off, and find more free time to cruise. Must be the cold weather!

Summer came and went. I didn't do much hobby farming other than working my little fields with the Styled WC and Disk, and then planting pumpkins. Also planted a crop of field Rye with the D-14 and All Crop Drill. Anytime I can get tractor seat time, is a GREAT time. I also gave driving lessons to the Girlfriend on the Unstyled WC. Oh Yeah!

Thought of a question the other day- How many of you fellas remember the old Forum? There can't be many of us left! I still recognize some names...Thinking now, this means I have been on the tractor forum for probably 15 years!

-------------
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"

Replies:
Posted By: ILGLEANER
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:18am
The old forum  was the good ole days Don.  
                 IG

-------------
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:25am
Wow there are quite a few here yet I believe - Now was thinking back the other day to the times then - a post might not change for several day or new things be posted - 
 Was trying to remember when i first started posting here had to be 1997 or so I think - and no political section then and in fact only one section - 
 Seems many have come and gone - some moved onto other things - others to a higher calling or beyond this realm . 

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Posted By: Lonn
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:30am
I first posted in 2000 but under some made up name I can't remember. I posted about when my uncles and grandpa watched their first demo of a WD45 against a John Deere 60 pulling a farmer's plow. I've retold the story a couple times since. The farmer was my grandpa's neighbor who was considering a new tractor so the two local dealers met up in his field each with a tractor and took turns using the farmer's plow and the rounds were timed. It took place at Oslo, Minnesota, the southern Oslo not the northern. Yes there are two Oslo's in Minnesota!! I'll give one guess as to which tractor came out on top by a country mile. Big smile

-------------
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Posted By: Brian F(IL)
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:34am
There's still a few of us on here from the old days...
Some gone (John-CIL ...may he rest in peace) and others that just don't post as much.

But, I do like the improvements over the old site.  The different forums Darrin created is the best part.  I dwell here usually but visit the others on occasion.

Posted By: FloydKS
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 2:18pm
I had to look and see when I got involved with this 'gang'...Sept of 09...and yes I do remember the before site. It has been long enough that I do not remember much but I think the present is a little easier to use...I think.

-------------
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die

Posted By: jpessek
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 2:34pm
I remember the old forum only had 1 page that kept getting longer and longer.  New posts didn't bring the topic back to the top either.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 2:36pm
Sure have made alot of good friends around the country from this site !!!!!

-------------

Posted By: D17JIM2
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 2:42pm
I've been here since the early 2000's but under 2 different names. I was off a while and couldn't remember my password so I started anew. I have learned a lot here. Even though I don't know you guys,  I feel like I do. Great forum !!!

Posted By: Michael V (NM)
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 3:59pm
I started here in 98 or 99, whenever we got our first puter, there was a fellow named Gordon Chance that knew a lot about AC an a few others that aren't here or I don't see

Posted By: LeonR2013
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 4:13pm
I was here lurking and thinking Shameless was the ugliest guy I ever was. Gotten to know him on here and I guess he's not so bad after all. (I hope) See you in Booneville.

Posted By: LSilseth
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

I first posted in 2000 but under some made up name I can't remember. I posted about when my uncles and grandpa watched their first demo of a WD45 against a John Deere 60 pulling a farmer's plow. I've retold the story a couple times since. The farmer was my grandpa's neighbor who was considering a new tractor so the two local dealers met up in his field each with a tractor and took turns using the farmer's plow and the rounds were timed. It took place at Oslo, Minnesota, the southern Oslo not the northern. Yes there are two Oslo's in Minnesota!! I'll give one guess as to which tractor came out on top by a country mile. Big smile

The John Deere 60 Wink LOL LOL

-------------
MN FARM BOY
Luke
www.silsethfamilyfarm.com

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 4:16pm
By rearranging the letters "was" it turns into saw. Isn't that amazing? Says a lot for my typing skills learned 60 years ago. 

Posted By: JoeM(GA)
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 4:32pm
Boy, that was a long time ago!, when I joined the old site I bet there wasn't more than 10-15 people that posted regularly!
Lots of people and time under that bridge! Seems like it was 97-98? When I found it and joined.

-------------
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB

Posted By: JPG AUSTRALIA
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 5:35pm
I joined in the late ninetys, we got our first computer about late 97 but i joined on someone elses i used to use before that. I used to like the image archive, it kept every picture ever posted.

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 6:03pm
'old guys'...gee thanks a lot ! though after shovelling what Shamless gave me the other day, yeah, I feel old.....
 Well I'm one...gotta be only had ONE D-14 in 2000...now have 4 !
Best bunch of guys on the web are HERE !!

Jay

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: Andy E
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 6:08pm
There used to be another gentleman from Australia (for the life of me) can't think of his name. He was very very knowledgeable and used to post on a regular basis. That was until some one ticked him of. I miss his comments and short movie clips like the two legged horse. Been on here for a few years, different names due to forgetting my pass word

Posted By: Don(MO)
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 6:20pm
Like most of the guys that Joined this new forum back in Oct or Sept of 2009 I found the old forum back in 1989 or so and then when we lost the good old one I got logged on this new fanged one on 12 Sep 2009 at 7:05amand boy did I hated trying to get a handle on all the new stuff this one had, I was so lost and well maybe I'm still lost. lol
Back in the olden days you get on and check for a new post and not see one new post for days but when a new one was posted you read and reread it just because it was new.
That was back when old Freddy, Steve and that bunch of good guys had a ball picking on each other over the funnest stuff, I'd laugh my butt off. I made lots of GOOD friends on the old one and now this one. I do miss the old guys going at it like the old one had. lmao

-------------
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Posted By: john(MI)
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 6:24pm
I was a regular on the old forum.  I think from the start, or close to when Darin birthed it.  I see that I joined this one in Sept 09, so that would have been when the other died.  I'm thinking I started searching the internet for AC around 96 if I'm not mistaken, so I would have found the old site after that, but can't narrow it down much more than that.

I remember  that there were not a lot of questions, but when there was a new one, nearly everybody posted a reply to it.

There were a couple of other guys on here from western MI.  I can't remember their names, one did some auctioneer, and the other built custom houses.  They either quit here or changed their usernames.  They were helpful guys.

-------------
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446

Posted By: darrel in ND
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 6:43pm
I'm going to go with "middle aged," but old poster. I was on the old forum back in the nineties. Eldon is about the only other one I remember from waaaaaaaay back. I think I found the forum through the old allis news, or else I discovered the old allis news off this forum. Can't remember which way it was, but both are a good find. Darrel

Posted By: Bob D. (La)
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 7:32pm
I have been here since it was still the old forum. Don't rightly remember the year, but believe it to have been the late 90's. Hard to believe how fast time passes, especially when you spend it with friends and family, as we are here on this forum.

Well glory be. Posted this and looked and it's right there, under my name. Joined the forum on 12 Sept. 2009.

OOPs. Looked again and many of us joined on 12 Sept. 2009. That may be the date it changed to the new forum we have now. Gosh, sure is great to have such a good memory.

-------------
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!

Posted By: Chuck(ONT)
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 7:54pm
Brian Rees was from Austrailia and on the old forum, if only I could remember the builder from NW Lwr MI. I think he hd a tree farm. 

-------------
Never take life too seriously.

Nobody gets out alive anyway!

1C 1 WD45 1 AC180

Posted By: Pat the Plumber CIL
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 8:05pm
Found the old site in 2005 and have been around ever since

-------------
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.

Posted By: Alberta Phil
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 8:11pm
I guess I'd qualify as one of the "old Guys" as I've been on here since sometime in late '98.  Had one of those green things back then but it soon went away!  Made a lot of friends on this forum over the years; some I've personally met and others not yet!

Best site on the web and it's good to be part of the "orange family"!

Posted By: DennisA (IL)
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:08pm
I've been here since around 1999. Sure don't seem it's been that long but time stops for no man.

-------------
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis

Posted By: Butch(OH)
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:10pm
I was also in tbe old forum. Remember that there was some who thought it was like the end of the world and Darin a actually kept the old one up and running for quite a while after this site was up and going. I was here in the fall of 1999 and beside the home page that came up on the browser that old site was my very first Internet page visited. My very first post was for the head gaskets I had reproduced for the Model A tractors and I sold them quite briskly for several years until I trasferred the buisness to Norm Minert and Larry Swenson

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

I was also in tbe old forum. Remember that there was some who thought it was like the end of the world and Darin a actually kept the old one up and running for quite a while after this site was up and going.

I remember that, just goes to show how people don't like change. The new site is so much better.

-------------
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis

Posted By: JoeO(CMO)
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:39pm
I remember the old forum, especially the chat room..Man, some nights my sides would be hurting

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:53pm
[QUOTE=JoeO(CMO)]I remember the old forum, especially the chat room..Man, some nights my sides would be hurting[/QUOTE
Yea the chat room was kinda the political room of today.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

I was a regular on the old forum.  I think from the start, or close to when Darin birthed it.  I see that I joined this one in Sept 09, so that would have been when the other died.  I'm thinking I started searching the internet for AC around 96 if I'm not mistaken, so I would have found the old site after that, but can't narrow it down much more than that.

I remember  that there were not a lot of questions, but when there was a new one, nearly everybody posted a reply to it.

There were a couple of other guys on here from western MI.  I can't remember their names, one did some auctioneer, and the other built custom houses.  They either quit here or changed their usernames.  They were helpful guys.
 John the house builder your thinking of was  Brad Hopewell  if I remember right.

-------------

Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Chuck(ONT) Chuck(ONT) wrote:

Brian Rees was from Austrailia and on the old forum, if only I could remember the builder from NW Lwr MI. I think he hd a tree farm. 

Brad Hopgood built houses. Hasn't been here for a long time.Not sure he was on the new version. I had his email and asked him how things turned out for his daughter(brain cancer?) because hadn't heard from him on forum for long time.He replied and said all was well,that everything turned out good.That had to be several years ago now. I met him and his wife in Booneville GOTO 2006.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 10:02pm
Think IG has the correct last name for Brad

Posted By: Auntwayne
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 10:18pm
   I trolled on here for years until Ryan convinced me to join one day. Back then Charlie Tucker and Jeff Z were the main posters.   And back then, I remember Jeff Z taking anybody who posted "NORMAL" talk in the farm equipment to "TASK" because that was only allowed in shops and varmints.

-------------
Dad always said," If you have one boy, you have a man. If you have two boys, you have two boys". "ALLIS EXPRESS"

Posted By: Sandknob
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 10:29pm
I got on the old forum probably around 93-94 time frame it seems, if I remember correctly. Can remember some of the old names who have passed away now. Rich Davis, John (CIL).

Posted By: Eldon (WA)
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by ILGLEANER ILGLEANER wrote:

Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

John the house builder your thinking of was  Brad Hopewell  if I remember right.

Brad and Jan Hopwood from northern MI.

I came on here in '98, had a couple of D19 diesels to my name. Had no idea what a B or C was as I grew up on WD45 diesels....learned a lot in a few years, and my collection grew to close to 100 tractors and almost as many implements.

Lots of info in those early years, a few fights along the way, also!

-------------
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:

Posted By: CrestonM
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 10:45pm
Found this forum in 2011, registered in '14, and didn't even know an old one existed! Lol!

Posted By: GARY(OH/IN)
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 12:10am
A Simplicity dealer at Bluffton Ohio told me about this site and simple tractors.com when I was looking for a part in 2007. He has since closed the business. I'm still here but don't post much.

Posted By: Calvin Schmidt
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 5:32am
I'm one of the old guys. I think that I first got on the old forum in the early to mid 90's.
Through the forums I have met  many of you in person and became friends. I attended the second Orange Spectacular and my first GOTO in Freeport the following weekend in 1993.
I also have every copy of Old Allis News. It has come a long way thanks to Dave and Heidi.

-------------
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 6:10am
I didnt realize that the page had existed that long, but I was a bit late in finding the internet. Sometime in mid 1999 I had just been installed as President of the company I still run to this day and they put a brand new computer on my desk and the controller said it had Internet access and I said so what? what does that do? She said there is things on there to look at and I said like what?  She said what interests you? I was just starting to restore Dad's model A and I said Allis Chalmers. She showed me how to dial up and on some long forgotten search engine it came up with this page, or she may have typed it in the address bar, too long ago.  So if I ignore the search page I can say this site is the very first web site I ever visited, How many can claim that??? LOL

Link provided here is to a snap shot of the old Forum from 2000. Many names there I had forgotten about. Ted Buisker is still around and kicking we just got a Christmas card from him and Sue and also Brad and Jan Hopwood.

A look at what this place looked like 16 years ago

http://web.archive.org/web/20001018042353/3000toys.com/allischalmers/forum/forum_list.asp?" rel="nofollow - http://web.archive.org/web/20001018042353/3000toys.com/allischalmers/forum/forum_list.asp?

Posted By: bryani289swmi
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 7:17am
I first started following the site in the mid to late 1990's. This post reminds me I should go back through my emails to look at the names I've corresponded with over the years, I copied all the old PM's into one email for reference. At tractor shows I always wonder how many of the folks there are on this forum. Thanks.

Bryan

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollowpoints explode on impact.

Posted By: Lonn
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 7:42am
Originally posted by LSilseth LSilseth wrote:

Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

The John Deere 60 Wink LOL LOL
Yyyeaaahhh....... not Shocked

-------------
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 7:48am
Dang....thats an awesome pic Butch!

Good memories! Those were the years that if anyone could post a picture you were really doing something!

I would post pictures today but haven't made time to figure out how again! LOL

-------------

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Don(MI) Don(MI) wrote:

Dang....thats an awesome pic Butch!

Good memories! Those were the years that if anyone could post a picture you were really doing something!

I would post pictures today but haven't made time to figure out how again! LOL

First picture of mine that got posted here was like #10 or so on the old photo archive. I had no idea how to do it so I got a copy made at Wall Mart and sent it via slow mail to Dave Bowers in Phoenix AZ and he scanned it and posted it for me, LOL 

Posted By: alan-nj
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 8:02am
yeah, I'm an oldtimer too.  I've got a post on Butch's page, think it was one of my first.  Found the page in 2000, which is when I made my way back to tractors after being away from them for quite a few years.  Lot of names have come and gone over the years.

-------------
If ignorance is bliss, than happy days are here again.

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 8:07am
Is Ted Buisker still around?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 9:05am
Yep,Ole "biscuit" still here

Posted By: Wayne180d
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 9:45am
I've been on here since the very late 90's but I have had to reboot several times and have had several different names but it was fun

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Don(MO) Don(MO) wrote:

Like most of the guys that Joined this new forum back in Oct or Sept of 2009 I found the old forum back in 1989 or so and then when we lost the good old one I got logged on this new fanged one on 12 Sep 2009 at 7:05amand boy did I hated trying to get a handle on all the new stuff this one had, I was so lost and well maybe I'm still lost. lol
Back in the olden days you get on and check for a new post and not see one new post for days but when a new one was posted you read and reread it just because it was new.
That was back when old Freddy, Steve and that bunch of good guys had a ball picking on each other over the funnest stuff, I'd laugh my butt off. I made lots of GOOD friends on the old one and now this one. I do miss the old guys going at it like the old one had. lmao
Sometime it took a week before anyone would post back on something you asked.  Now it's just minutes and you have the answer you want!
You talking about them guys pickin on ole "Shorty"......hehehe....they must be getting older too, cause they aren't picking like they used to...they grew UP......er......OLDer.

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: Dave in PA
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 1:13pm
Not sure when I joined, I think in '09 was when it switched?? I was here about 2 years before that + or -. I do remember a few of the past members, Barb was one, allways very helpful if ya needed computer help, and the guy that did babbit bearings, that not a issue to talk about??

Posted By: Skyhighballoon(MO)
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Don(MO) Don(MO) wrote:

Like most of the guys that Joined this new forum back in Oct or Sept of 2009 I found the old forum back in 1989 or so...

Don - your "or so" is off by a decade me thinks...either turn the decades dial a notch forward on your way back machine or put the bottle of Christmas "spirits" away for a while!  LMAO!  LOL   Mike

-------------
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 1:55pm
Yes Mike I got it backwards it's not 1989 it was 1998. I can't remember that far back in time but can remember You where on the old forum too. lol

-------------
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Posted By: Darrell G (MN)
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:01pm
I first stumbled on to this site in the late 90's I usually just read and then started to post some.  It was about this time that I hauled a couple of items for someone when I went from MN to the east coast,  From that came about a part time winter business that took me to every one of the 48 mainland states hauling equipment, some for people on here and much for people on YT's hauling schedule.  I did that for over 10 years and I will tell you that I was never cheated out of a nickle.  That my friends says a lot about the people involved in restoring old iron.  I have enjoyed this site in the past and still enjoy it today. Many of the names of old are no longer on here some because of other interests and some because they are no longer with us. I fondly remember John from CIL I sure do miss seeing him every year at Hutch.

Posted By: KenBWisc
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:03pm
Your guess may be wrong! I was on the old forum. 

-------------
'34 WC #629, '49 G, '49 B, '49 WD, '62 D-19, '38 All Crop 60 and still hunting!

Posted By: Skyhighballoon(MO)
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:27pm
I found the original forum in like 2003 or 2004 when I started working on my Series IV D17 but didn't really start posting till late 2004 or early 2005.  I remember getting help early on getting my 66 running to do some wheat.   Don was a long time lurker too, he didn't really start posting until after I had my first plow day (rained out!) but Don, Rick Corder and Rick Maldeney all showed up and ate chili and had a great time talking Orange! Clap  Mike 

-------------
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers

Posted By: Dave Richards (WV)
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:37pm
I joined in 98 or 99 also.  I remember they started a string on how everyone chose their screen name for the forum.  I replied that I wanted to use "Ted Buisker" but some other goober was using it so I let mom pick one.  That got a few comments.  I mentioned to a new member how great the Pennsylvania guys were and the Southern PA boys talked with a West Virginia accent.  That started a minor range war. I had to apologize, but it wasn't my fault cause I didn't realize they could read.

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:39pm
I remember the old site and old Okie collecting old field stuff

Posted By: Unit3
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 3:20pm
I just ask my lady and she said we were Windows 95 when we joined. Maybe 96 or 97. Gateway computer in the cow painted box. I remember Okie Boy. He could make you laugh until you cry. 

-------------
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C

Posted By: Bill Long
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 3:27pm
I think I found this site when I joined the internet in 1994.  
I remember typing Allis Chalmers in the search engine and here came this site.  Have never left it since.
Has been real fun.  Was a pleasure to meet some of the members at various GOTO's. Always a pleasure.  Wonderful people
As to Brian.  I really miss him.  We became friends when I thanked the Australians for joining us in Vietnam.  Brian was an Australian Vietnam Veteran.  He thanked the USA for stepping up in WWII to keep the Japs out of Australia
Something happened on this site and Brian moved to facebook.  We kept in touch for a while then - much to my sorrow -  he disappeared. 
Let us all give Darin a big thanks for making this available.  It has been my sincere pleasure.
Good Luck! Can you believe I have been using that closing since 1994.
 Bill Long

Posted By: Unit3
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 3:47pm
I miss BR's posts from down under. Pretty girls, fast cars and that crazy two legged horse some how made their way here thanks to him. He loved the USA more then some that live here today.

-------------
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C

Posted By: JW in MO
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by David Maddux David Maddux wrote:

I took the UC up yesterday and met Wendel, the fellow that bought Allen Jone's "A". A lot of featured JD tractors and red tractors. The AC numbers suck, locals bring your AC's down this morning, don't embarrass me. Sure it is going to be hot, but it is dry and that feels good to me. Come on down guys. Dave.

I wasn't on the old forum and just lurked before this post in 2010, bet he's wondered many times, "Damn, if I'd just stayed home."

-------------
Maximum use of available resources!

Posted By: JoeO(CMO)
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Unit3 Unit3 wrote:

I miss BR's posts from down under. Pretty girls, fast cars and that crazy two legged horse some how made their way here thanks to him. He loved the USA more then some that live here today.

...and knew more about this country than a high percentage of the citizens

..some where I have that horse.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Dave Richards (WV) Dave Richards (WV) wrote:

I joined in 98 or 99 also.  I remember they started a string on how everyone chose their screen name for the forum.  I replied that I wanted to use "Ted Buisker" but some other goober was using it so I let mom pick one.  That got a few comments.  I mentioned to a new member how great the Pennsylvania guys were and the Southern PA boys talked with a West Virginia accent.  That started a minor range war. I had to apologize, but it wasn't my fault cause I didn't realize they could read.

How well I remember that and it remains one of the funnier things I have ever read on here. 

Posted By: JimD
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 9:02pm
Can't recall when I started here. Was a couple of forum's ago!

-------------
Owner of http://www.OKtractor.com" rel="nofollow - OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543

Posted By: Dusty MI
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 7:37am
I think I started in '97. I had acquired an AC  "G" I had wanted one sense I was about 14. The G was the featured tractor at the '98 GOYOs, being that it was 50 years old.

Dusty

-------------
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"

Posted By: Mike R. in Maine
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 7:48am
Back in 99 I was still in the Marines and posted under Mike R. in N.C. and got involved to fix a little CA that I'd just bought with a broken crankshaft, after I had just got back from a deployment on the USS Kearsarge.I really enjoyed the chat room back in 99+ . Then I started buying up little D10's at auctions and farm sales and used the profit from selling them, to build my retirement home here in Maine. I bought and sold 26 D10's and shipped them all over. Some may still be on here that bought one ? When I retired in 2004 back home to Maine I became Mike R. in Maine and brought 14 AC's to Maine from N.C. and then added several dozens more. At this time I have 9 H3 dozers in various forms of runs, may run.....may never run again..... My gathering wats got away from me and I picked up other colors...I'm still working at a Massey Ferguson dealership and enjoying live in the slow lane.I did get put on facebook by my daughter back in September, but always enjoy some down time looking over the board to stay in touch and learn some things. To all I wish a Merry Christmas    

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 8:46am
Doggone, some of us are getting old. I tried my best to get a rise out of Shameless by giving him my best poke with the new poker I made. Didn't work. Guess it's back to the old drawing board. LOL  But I would like to add if I have angered anyone with my little jabs that wasn't my intention. Or if my ideas on how to repair something differs from someone else, I'm just trying to help, not trying to put them down. If you disagree that's fine with me, so hear you go. POOOOOOOOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Don(MI) Don(MI) wrote:

Is Ted Buisker still around?
 He still checks in time to time. He is trying to get all of his projects done so he lives in the shop.

-------------
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis

Posted By: JimIA
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 9:46am
Been here since the forum started, I was in High School. I want to say it was 94-95 or in there somewhere. I posted the first for sale ad which was about the 5th or 6th post ever. Hard to believe it was that long ago. I remember a few posters we have lost. Rich Davis was a hard one. Great young Veteran with a young family.

Although Im not a real frequent poster I have made a lot of friends on here. It is a great source.

Jim

-------------
An open eye is much more observant than an open mouth

Posted By: morton(pa)
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 10:53am
It's been a while, but the afternoon found me with some time. 

I estimate I started dropping in around 2004 when I was about 12 or so and we started working on our B. I've met a lot of great people, learned a lot, been some neat places, and had some cool stuff over those 12 years thanks to the Forum.

"Real Life" has tied me down for the last number of years and I only occasionaly get the chance to drop by. The money now goes towards farming for real so theres not many AC Questions or paint in the stable much anymore.

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Skyhighballoon(MO) Skyhighballoon(MO) wrote:

I found the original forum in like 2003 or 2004 when I started working on my Series IV D17 but didn't really start posting till late 2004 or early 2005.  I remember getting help early on getting my 66 running to do some wheat.   Don was a long time lurker too, he didn't really start posting until after I had my first plow day (rained out!) but Don, Rick Corder and Rick Maldeney all showed up and ate chili and had a great time talking Orange! Clap  Mike 

Mike you are right again, I was one of them "lurkers" for a long time and just starting to post on there before your plow-day that was what got me revved-up to meet some of you guys, here's a pic of that fun day in the rain. lol

-------------

Posted By: Brian S(NY)
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 3:16pm
I was here

-------------
God made man.Sam colt made man equal.

Posted By: Dave in PA
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 3:22pm
What was the day 1 of this GREAT foroum and Great group of guys/gals/knowledge? Someone has to know the date of that!

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 3:44pm
Was interesting seeing comments about when new format began ,started seeing all the old timers began Sept 12 2009. Well almost everybody,has got to be one misfit at least in every bunch,in this case it was ConfusedEldon I noticed. He got a head start by a Confusedday,maybe others I didn't see.

I think I got a confuser in 2006,got started in the Caterpillar world as I had joined there outfit in early 90's because of 2 friends and neighbors both gone now. So somewhere from 06 to when forum was up dated I wondered in here,because I remember having to learn to do things all over again.

Merry Christmas to all users or lurkers here. 

And to help Leon a poke atLOL Shameless. pokeLOL pokeLOL and poke LOL Hope this storm gets better as it goes east,or your not going to have anything to work your machine with,other than your old dry well. Weather guessers kept saying how hard it rained,a little short of a 1/2 inch for a all day rain,big storm if your a citydot I guess.

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 3:51pm
Guess I am more misfitCry(slower) Crythan I thought as I know I looked around the "old" forum before it was updated. But my start date is Nov 22 09 instead of Sept like the other folks.

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 3:54pm
Don, look at all that nice Orange machinery in you picture!!!
And look at all those knuckle heads standing in the rain.....a tractor with a top and a shed with only a car in it........LOL

Who's Who in that picture.......  I THINK that is Don standing with his hands out...

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Posted By: Kenny L.
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 4:02pm
I came on in late 1999 and remember that in the fall of the year that Okie would come up and hunt with skip and that would kept people busy for a week or so, also remember when Ted was kidding Brian Lindsay and myself posting back and forth and not using the phone because we live only five mile a part but it was long distant to call. some of the people the come to mind that are not on here is Barb C. what a wonderful person, Skip, Brain L. ( he was the follow that was in the train wreck and lived) Will M. Russ the last name slip my mind he live up by the guy that goes my Jim Jr. that think he know it all just kidding Jim. I've know I've forgot a lot of people and I've met a whole lot of very good people on this forum that I call true friends and they know who they are. God bless all and have a Marry Christmas and a happy new year. Kenny L.   

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Don, look at all that nice Orange machinery in you picture!!!
And look at all those knuckle heads standing in the rain.....a tractor with a top and a shed with only a car in it........LOL

Who's Who in that picture.......  I THINK that is Don standing with his hands out...

it goes Don,Mike,Rick...I don't know the last guy by picture

Posted By: JohnCO
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 1:00am
I'm not sure when I happened upon the forum, I know it was the previous one as, for me, posting pics was much easier,  thanks to Tony's late wife, Barb.  I believe I've always been JohnCO so maybe someone has records going back that far.  I didn't want to change over to the new forum but got over it and really enjoy the different topics.  Never liked the political stuff when we were suppository talking AC stuff.  Guess it's about time to make another donation to the forum fund!

-------------
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant

Posted By: wekracer
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 7:48am
I started lurking in 05. I took a job out of town and had to stay late a couple nights a week as a company rep. Most of the time there was nothing going on so I typed Allis Chalmers in my computer and found this site. I don't remember when I started posting but I'm sure it didn't take long. I always talk too much and have an opinion. Seems like I always got sucked into political posts. I'm glad they have their own section now.

I've met several on here and enjoyed it very much. I was just at Mike's aka Sky high balloon earlier this week checking out his new F2.

It's been fun and hope everyone has a merry Christmas

Posted By: ryanschott
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 10:35am
I started in 1999 maybe. I miss the picture album section. I'm only   36 I hope that doesent make me old.

Posted By: Steve in NJ
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 10:52am
I'm late comin' on here, but I guess you can say I was one of the "old timers". I came on here around 99-2000'. Didn't post much, but read a lot. I remember when the forum changed over after a while that I was on here. Got to meet Fred & Butch, Glenn PA, Darryl Grams and his sons, Brad Hopwood, Bill Long, Bob D., Alan, Brian Rees, and of coarse Dave and Mark from across the Pond. Geez, there's so many of us here, its hard to remember! The jokes started flyin', and the next thing ya know we're like brother's and brother-in-laws round here.  LOL! That chat room was a hoot sometimes. The laughter that came out of that alone would make ya cry in laughter. The good ole' days. And a lot of us, thank the good Lord are still here yet bustin' chops, talkin' Tractors, and still pals.

-------------
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife

Posted By: skipwelte
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 12:29pm
I wuz workin at the JD construction store, they plunked a new puter on my desk and said "here ya go, play around with this", shorty I found Allis Chalmers.com,  been here ever since, that wuz in the middle to late 90s.   I would come to work, get everyone started for the day, do the time cards then get on the forum!!!  Probably spend to much work time on here,  but I would keep the link open all day on my puter so I could jump on and off quickly.  Ive met so many great people on here, some are still good friends today.   When I retired from Deere Construction in 11 I thought Id have lotsa time to be on here, but spent less time as I was always up and about instead of being at the desk all day.   Still a great site, thanks Darin!!!

Posted By: Bob-Maine
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 2:18pm
Wish I could remember what year I found the original forum. I was at my daughter and son-in-laws and I would check in on their computer, probably in the mid 90's. There were about six posts a day and I was amazed. This morning, my wife and i went to our daughter and son-in-laws for Christmas breakfast but I checked in before we left home.

The Forum has been a great place to connect and to get advice. John, I agree - time for me to send in another donation. Bob@allisdowneast

-------------
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not sure.

Posted By: Chalmersbob
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 12:53am
I got started in 2002 when I got my first computer. My son told me about the site a couple years before and copied a serial # list for me. 
Bob 

-------------
4 B's, 1 C's,3 CA's, 2 G's WD, D14, D15, B-1, B10, B12, 712S,

Posted By: JC-WI
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 2:39am
Looked at this site back in 96 on windows 95. and then in 98 was when I finally started replying.. Looked at the wayback archive and seen a lot of names I had forgotten, but do remember a bunch of the episodes that have been mentioned in this thread.
Remember mr. pinky?
  Think this is the third format now, isn't it?   ... I know the Caterpillar site went through a change at least once.

-------------
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."

Posted By: Burgie
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 3:48am
Started in 09. Mr. Pinky is on F-Book.

-------------
"Burgie"

Posted By: Moderator
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 8:53am
I've been moderator for a few forum transitions.    It honestly amazes me the size of the group.  I have only had to issue a few sharp warnings and I think a total of 3 were kicked off.  Says something about the quality of people here.

-------------
============================================================

The moderator at any given time may be the forum owner, or a trusted assistant. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank You

Posted By: Farrell(Utah)
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 7:45pm
  Really nice to see a lot of familiar names.  I joined about 2001 and have been a regular viewer since then.  Being retired, I don't spend as much time around the computer as I used to do in the office.  Whenever, I have a question this is where an answer can be found.  Thanks for the memories and friendships that have happened because of this site.

-------------
A(1937), 2 G, 2 WD45 diesels, 6 WD45 gas, UC, 2 WD, D17 gas, WF, Farmall 400, D12, Kubota B3030

Posted By: Auntwayne
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 10:48pm
   JeffZ  got kicked off and came back as Allis Girl and got kicked off again.

-------------
Dad always said," If you have one boy, you have a man. If you have two boys, you have two boys". "ALLIS EXPRESS"

Posted By: TedBuiskerN.IL.
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 7:33am
Guess I've been on here since about 96, when it was still known as 3000toys.  Have learned a lot here, and tried to pass on some knowledge as we went.  Can't thank Darrin enough for providing this forum, best on the net.

-------------
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.

Posted By: Allen Dilg
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 10:10pm
Looking back I got my FIRST tractor in 1995   (20-35)  still have it running that was about the time I started on here.  Going to Dale Haymakers,  helping Ted Bisker  his Monster Garage restoration of a WC in 33hr 15 mins.  The 2005 GOTO in West Allis  511 people for the banquet,  WOODY,  Fred L,   Larry Liedso,   John and Barb  (John C-IL),  Jack Gustafson,  and SOOOO many new to me friends that are now OLD friends.   Allen Dilg

Posted By: DarrylinWA
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 7:06am
I joined in about 2000. WOW What a site and great people. Friend Kevin in WA. told me about it and hooked ever since. The friendships and networking here is the best. So Thankful and Blessed to be apart of this family!!!

-------------
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 1:07pm
From the best of Dave Archive:

Posted By: TimNearFortWorth
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 4:02pm
One of my all time favorites and if driving really remote back roads anywhere and have someone with me, I usually tell them to "let me know if you hear any banjo music"!

Posted By: Steve in NJ
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 8:24am
Dave,
The Jersey Elf is still here! I miss all them cartoons you used to post! I love the Obiwan Cannoli the best!!  LMAO!!
Steve@B&B

-------------
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife

Posted By: JC-WI
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 8:55am
Originally posted by TedBuiskerN.IL. TedBuiskerN.IL. wrote:

Guess I've been on here since about 96, when it was still known as 3000toys.  Have learned a lot here, and tried to pass on some knowledge as we went.  Can't thank Darrin enough for providing this forum, best on the net.
I forgot that tidbit of info... man thats a long time ago 20 years... no wonder the young guys are old fellers now...

and another discovery of enlightenment "JeffZ  got kicked off and came back as Allis Girl and got kicked off again. " I didn't know ol JeffZ had changed gender...
 Account Status:
Allis Girl
Active
.Just looked at Jeff Z. NY and it too says "active" so.... if jeff Z got kicked and allis girl got kicked and panky got kicked several times, thats more than 3. Guess we are all gettin forgitful. LOL

-------------
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 2:57pm
Yes, them was the good old days, learned a lot more about computers since then

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 8:17pm
The secret to egg production.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net