This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Temporary shelter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temporary shelter
    Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 5:43pm
What is the quickest, cheapest temporary shelter for tractors? Ain't no way I can get a shed built anytime soon.Probably be end of summer before I could get it done.  Thanks, Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 5:46pm
Probably a metal frame carport, just be sure to anchor it real good to the ground, so's the wind don't take it away.  Or maybe some sea cans for the smaller tractors...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 6:09pm
Hoop barn or try harbor freight. I believe they sell oversized tents as temporary garages. Not sure on the sizes but have seen some large enough to put an rv in

Edited by Pat the Plumber CIL - 17 Mar 2023 at 6:14pm
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 6:28pm
Depends on what size tractors you’re talking about.
dp7000 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 7:21pm
Maybe a close neighbor has some space?
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 7:47pm
I used a hoop tarp shelter for 3 years. It was cheep at menards and fairly easy to assemble the zippered door in the front sucked I usually just left it rolled around a pvc that it put through the bottom loop and tied it open Tie it down real well.I had a 190 in mine.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 7:48pm
I just needed a 20 x 20 shed for a year while building Sons Barn.. We got a carport type unit... Company assembled it in 2 hours on site.... Sold it a year later for about 90% of what we paid for it..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 8:20am
Carport style might be best. A hoop the size I need cost a serious amount. Thanks, Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 9:34am
Look into a shipping container unless it wouldnt be big enough for your tractors, inside of them you have finished walls, ceiling and solid floor. They are pretty much weatherproof. When you get one you can set them on railroad ties and they can be dropped and done in a couple hours.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 1:50pm
 And no property tax on shipping containers
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 8:25am
Get 2 40 ft containers and put side by side but 20 ft apart. Then get a truss roof and cover it. That gives you a fair bit of space and 2 lockable areas.Quick and simple. Smile
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Ed (Ont) Ed (Ont) wrote:

Get 2 40 ft containers and put side by side but 20 ft apart. Then get a truss roof and cover it. That gives you a fair bit of space and 2 lockable areas.Quick and simple. Smile

That is a great way of doing it. If you cannot stand the looks of  a container after a while put posts in remove containers and put siding up. I have been really surprised at how tight containers can be, not one sign of a mouse every in the one I was in the most. And 50 feet away in a old barn pack rats filled the engine compartment on New Holland tractor 2 different winters making it inoperable. The second time we had 2 or 3 different baits out and they chuted the air conditioner hoses completely in 2. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic