Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=194126
Printed Date: 05 May 2024 at 3:23am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Temporary shelter
Posted By: Tracy Martin TN
Subject: Temporary shelter
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 5:43pm
What is the quickest, cheapest temporary shelter for tractors? Ain't no way I can get a shed built anytime soon.Probably be end of summer before I could get it done.  Thanks, Tracy

-------------
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!

Replies:
Posted By: DiyDave
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 5:46pm
Probably a metal frame carport, just be sure to anchor it real good to the ground, so's the wind don't take it away.  Or maybe some sea cans for the smaller tractors...Wink

-------------
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!

Posted By: Pat the Plumber CIL
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 6:09pm
Hoop barn or try harbor freight. I believe they sell oversized tents as temporary garages. Not sure on the sizes but have seen some large enough to put an rv in

-------------
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 6:28pm
Depends on what size tractors you’re talking about.

Posted By: dp7000
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 7:21pm
Maybe a close neighbor has some space?

Posted By: Dakota Dave
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 7:47pm
I used a hoop tarp shelter for 3 years. It was cheep at menards and fairly easy to assemble the zippered door in the front sucked I usually just left it rolled around a pvc that it put through the bottom loop and tied it open Tie it down real well.I had a 190 in mine.

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 7:48pm
I just needed a 20 x 20 shed for a year while building Sons Barn.. We got a carport type unit... Company assembled it in 2 hours on site.... Sold it a year later for about 90% of what we paid for it..

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: Tracy Martin TN
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 8:20am
Carport style might be best. A hoop the size I need cost a serious amount. Thanks, Tracy

-------------
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!

Posted By: Dirt Farmer
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 9:34am
Look into a shipping container unless it wouldnt be big enough for your tractors, inside of them you have finished walls, ceiling and solid floor. They are pretty much weatherproof. When you get one you can set them on railroad ties and they can be dropped and done in a couple hours.

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 1:50pm
 And no property tax on shipping containers

Posted By: Ed (Ont)
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 8:25am
Get 2 40 ft containers and put side by side but 20 ft apart. Then get a truss roof and cover it. That gives you a fair bit of space and 2 lockable areas.Quick and simple. Smile

Posted By: Ray54
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Ed (Ont) Ed (Ont) wrote:

Get 2 40 ft containers and put side by side but 20 ft apart. Then get a truss roof and cover it. That gives you a fair bit of space and 2 lockable areas.Quick and simple. Smile

That is a great way of doing it. If you cannot stand the looks of  a container after a while put posts in remove containers and put siding up. I have been really surprised at how tight containers can be, not one sign of a mouse every in the one I was in the most. And 50 feet away in a old barn pack rats filled the engine compartment on New Holland tractor 2 different winters making it inoperable. The second time we had 2 or 3 different baits out and they chuted the air conditioner hoses completely in 2. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net