This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

supper tonight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: supper tonight
    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 11:57pm
grabbed a aluminum pan (big one) and put a can of Cambells french onion soup in it, then put a pound ana 1/2 of chicky tenders in on top of the soup, poured another can of the same soup over the top, sprinkled sum parsley flakes on top. add some half cooked bacon to the mix and cover with foil and slow cook (grill on low setting) for 1 hour, take the foil off, turn each piece of chicky and replace the foil and slow cook for 1 more hour. i normally put some garlic in with it but the old lady....ooooooops.....i mean the loving wife can't have garlic yet since her surgery. i always make extra of this and put in food saver bags and throw back in the freezer, the old lady....ooooops....i mean the loving wife takes a bag to work with her each day for her lunch. she loves it! i did up 3 pounds of it this time, and i also added some real wild rice (kind that we get from MN) that puts a good added flavor in too. 
Sponsored Links

ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:30am
Sounds good. Are you available to come and cook for us?
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:39am
Now ya gots to make it again. Don't forgits my garlic. LOL
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:44am
Sounds good.  Lucky you're so far away otherwise you could have an unexpected visitor about lunch time. LOL!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 5:47pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:43pm
I found a package of chicken nuggets in the freezer the other day. I let then thaw out and fed them to the dog. I cant bee in the same room as chicken cooking, I gets real sick. Old gal will probably blame the grandson. Just another thing I'll have ta set her straight about.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 8:27am
     I thought my wife's not being able to tolerate the odor of cooking beef was a unique quality. Had to take the crock pot to the garage the last time I fixed a roast. Seems like she has become more sensitive to other odors too in the last few years. 
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 8:56am
  We had liver & onions for supper last night taste great
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 7:56pm
i LOVE liver/onions....but she don't!
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 8:05pm
I have several ladies in the church that will cook up some liver n onions when I ask.  Once in a while I do ask.

Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 8:31pm
You need to cook something up for us at Hutch.  I'll bring peaches for desert!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:40pm
Growing up we never had chicken.  My Dad described them as "those dirty damn birds ain't good for nuthin". 

I mix a little ketchup and horse radish together for my liver.  Tastes real good!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 11:41pm
tonight i fixed up sum turkey in french oinion soup....cept...i couldn't find any of the soup...we was out of it! CHIT,CHIT,CHIT! i wasn't gonna go to town just to buy some. sooooooooo.....i thoughts i would make some. i did, and it turned out great! here's what i did: one large valdalia sweet onion, one regular can of beef broth, 1/4 cup woshtishire sause, 1/4 cup Johnny's aujus, and a hearty pinch of Adolfs original meat tenderizer. cut the turkey breast in 1/2 inch slices, now...the meat tenderizer isn't needed for the turkey, but will help break down the onion faster. cut the onion in 1/2 crosswise then slice it real thin to make 1/2 rings. put them on the grill and start cooking them. mix up the juice. i used a large fry pan, stirring it to mix well, then ad the onions, this is when to ad the pinch of the meat tenderizer over the onions. it'll help cut the cooking time down alot, plus it will ad a slight taste of salt to the mix. regular french onion soup has ALOT of salt in it, so this was  better for us! place the fry pan on the grill, it's ready when the turkey is cooked thru. when dishing it up make sure you get some of them onions over the meat. enjoy!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 11:46pm
John...if'n i can get this ready in time for hutch, i plan on bringing a grill and maybe my smoker. gotta prolly find me a trailer for this as i don't think i'll get my boxes switched out on my pickup by then. gotta brings a genny to run the smoker and the ac in the trailer! lemme see now...needs room for my golf cart, a grill, a smoker, a genny, a bed, something to sits on, a couple ice chests for....uh...oh...and a table to eats on! 
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 4:09am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

John...if'n i can get this ready in time for hutch, i plan on bringing a grill and maybe my smoker. gotta prolly find me a trailer for this as i don't think i'll get my boxes switched out on my pickup by then. gotta brings a genny to run the smoker and the ac in the trailer! lemme see now...needs room for my golf cart, a grill, a smoker, a genny, a bed, something to sits on, a couple ice chests for....uh...oh...and a table to eats on! 

SAY,,,,!!!  I gots a Great idea, Shameless,,,,Wink
You could buy us one of them extended 5th wheels with the  TOY HAULER section on  the back for the golf cart and the smoker and the grill,,,,Lets see,,,what else??
 Sleepin quarters would be adequate for all three of us,,,you and Thad could sleep in the lower section and since I'm more limber I'd volunteer to sleep in the top section,,,I mean,,,what are friends for,,,??  What you think??WinkWink BUT,,,,but,,," You"  would still be "Head Chef",,,,,,and me and Thad would volunteer to flip for washing dishes UMMm,,every other day or so,,,,Clap,,,,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 4:17am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

SAY,,,,!!!  I gots a Great idea, Shameless,,,,Wink
You could buy us one of them extended 5th wheels with the  TOY HAULER section on  the back for the golf cart and the smoker and the grill,,,,Lets see,,,what else??
 Sleepin quarters would be adequate for all three of us,,,you and Thad could sleep in the lower section and since I'm more limber I'd volunteer to sleep in the top section,,,I mean,,,what are friends for,,,??  What you think??WinkWink BUT,,,,but,,," You"  would still be "Head Chef",,,,,,and me and Thad would volunteer to flip for washing dishes UMMm,,every other day or so,,,,Clap,,,,

BUT,,,wait a bit,,,,I hadn't mentioned "ALL" of this Great idea,,,Ya see,,I'm still workin on where we gonna put up ole JC and ole JohnKC ,,and ole Steve in NJ, and Steve in Il ,and ,,,and ole Wayne,,,Chit,,Shameless,,,maybe you gonna have to spring for something a little bigger,,,,but I KNOW with your BIG ole Heart,,,we'll get it done,,,!!!Clap
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 5:46am
It’s too bad Steve and I tore down them nice trailer homes. We could a set them up permanently at Hutch.
Would have made for such a beautiful setting.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

It’s too bad Steve and I tore down them nice trailer homes. We could a set them up permanently at Hutch.

Aw Chit,,Thad,,I was almost gettin to that Great idea,,,it ain't too late on them trailers is it,,?? Never Fear,,tho,,ole Shameless,,,he gots such a BIG ole Heart,,,,he'd do anything for his friends,,,so,,Let's just give him a day or so,,,he'll come up with something to get US ALL up there,,,,WinkClap,,,,cause,,,,cause he really likes people what likes his cookin,,,,,,,WinkWink
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 11:39pm
OK, so I started this FIRST and then went down to the rest of the thread,,,,,,,,,,,so youse will have to just hold yer britches on and wait fer the ending......
FIRST..........tada..........
SHAMELESS!!!  Dale, WTH??  I didn't hear anything about the better half having surgery?!?!?   Did I miss something??
GIT the Hades away from Campbell's Soups.!!!!  Did you ever take the time to read the label??  SALT!!!
Use something else!!
Second...........
JOHN!!!
Originally posted by JohnColo JohnColo wrote:

You need to cook something up for us at Hutch.  I'll bring peaches for desert!
I'll make up a BIG batch of liver an Onions for all.  Buts I only gots one Dutch oven and fer all of (everybody raise your hands fer who wants sum) how manys wants liver an onions.  Shamers, I' gots a special recipee an the ole lady........er the better half,,,,,,,, won't even know she's havin it.!!
John, how many crates of peaches did you bring back in,,,,,,,,,,was that 17 or 18??  Well, bring twice as many this time, it's the GOTO also!!
Maybe we should vote on the good stuff so thems that DON'T attend the forum meet don't gits any??

Hehehe.....skip that part about the golf cart,,,,,, I know how you can "borrow" one....  we just gotta ask a certain Darrell.....(notice the spelling!!!)

tonight i fixed up sum turkey in french oinion soup....cept...i couldn't find any of the soup...we was out of it! CHIT,CHIT,CHIT! i wasn't gonna go to town just to buy some. sooooooooo.....i thoughts i would make some. i did, and it turned out great! here's what i did: one large valdalia sweet onion, one regular can of beef broth, 1/4 cup woshtishire sause, 1/4 cup Johnny's aujus, and a hearty pinch of Adolfs original meat tenderizer. cut the turkey breast in 1/2 inch slices, now...the meat tenderizer isn't needed for the turkey, but will help break down the onion faster. cut the onion in 1/2 crosswise then slice it real thin to make 1/2 rings. put them on the grill and start cooking them. mix up the juice. i used a large fry pan, stirring it to mix well, then ad the onions, this is when to ad the pinch of the meat tenderizer over the onions. it'll help cut the cooking time down alot, plus it will ad a slight taste of salt to the mix. regular french onion soup has ALOT of salt in it, so this was  better for us! place the fry pan on the grill, it's ready when the turkey is cooked thru. when dishing it up make sure you get some of them onions over the meat. enjoy!
There you are agin!!!  LOOK at the SALT in Adolfs...  Youse can get by by putting the WHOLE thing in a sealed envelope of tin foil.....er aluminum foil fer those of youse who don't do a lot of cookin..... and it'll cook a lot faster too!  Otherways,,,,sounds good, youse are the acting cookie, voted in by the absentee ballots of the "Misfits" and been seconded by the majority of the forum.  SO there, youse is elected!!  Now I just gotta let JC know, and Mike and Ron, an Steve, and John an.........ALL those guys WAY down south who can only get here for SPECIAL occassions!!!  They gots ta thumb hitch a ride cause it's too far for them unless they ride together...
An then there's the guys on the East coast who REALLY want to be there now for this year cause it's SO special!!!  Oh yeah, youse guys make DANG SURE you bring Bill L along!!!  This ones SPECIAL for him!!!  I haven't asked him yet, but I think I can convince him.....I know I want him there!!!   Fred, I'll leave it up to you,,,,,,,,specially since Mark and Julie are plannin on comin!!
I think I've stuck my neck out fer enough now,,,,,see ya on the nest go round......
As Joe (YOU BETTER be there with Thad!!) would say,,,,,,,,,,,I'm outta here...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 12:11am
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

Growing up we never had chicken.  My Dad described them as "those dirty damn birds ain't good for nuthin". 

I mix a little ketchup and horse radish together for my liver.  Tastes real good!
Dirtiest animals on the farm!!!  They eat with their peckers.....
Hate to say it John, but if you even tried to eat MY liver an Onions with that concoction,,,,I'd toss YOU in the garbage,,,,  Don't knock it till you've tried it.  The preparation is the key.  CLEAN the liver..... Oh yeah, lots of bacon doesn't hurt either...LOLLOL WinkWink
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 2:24am
i mixed up my loaded hamburgers today, grilled sum turkey burgers for last nights supper, the hamburgers i made up went in the food saver bags and into the freezer for flavor blending. also made sum meat balls, diced sum onions, diced sum bell peppers (all colors), diced sum bacon, then i'll have ingrediants for later grilling/smoking. been restocking my cupboards in the shack, spent bouts $270.00 on suppies, would have been more but the electric cart runned outta juice! still gotta gits a bit more supplies. oh...and i gotta build a stand to puts the refridge on that my old lady....oooops.....i mean my loving wife boughts me for out there. should help keep my drinks....uh....water cold! i need more cupboads in there. i gots them, but i gotta puts them together yets. found sum food saver bags on sale at a local farm store, they was $3.88 for a box of 20 bags...i bought all they had (22 boxes), i thunks i have enough for awhile. now...on the trailer....you spose i could outfit a semi van trailer, have Michael NM snag it on his way past on his way to Hutch? lol   
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 2:33am
 been looking for a wood fired smoker (not pellet) for awhile. i knows what style i want, just had to find who sold them. well was at Menards the other day, and i saw one there! couldn't find a price on it so i figgered it was spensive! didn't have time to inquire, but looked it up on the web, they wanted $499. for it. then i went to the smokers web site and on their web site they said their smokers are at Home Depot. so i went onto their web site and the same smoker is $100. higher priced there! PfffffT! now after watching some reviews on the style i want, i may not want it after all. all the reviews are good, but the thing is very labor intensive. my other wood fired smoker wasn't that labor intensive at all. i love my electric smoker, you just set it and walk away, just keep track of your times. but i want another wood fired one, nothing that takes electric or gas or pellets. i'll keep looking.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 5:46am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Aw Chit,,Thad,,I was almost gettin to that Great idea,,,it ain't too late on them trailers is it,,?? Never Fear,,tho,,ole Shameless,,,he gots such a BIG ole Heart,,,,he'd do anything for his friends,,,so,,Let's just give him a day or so,,,he'll come up with something to get US ALL up there,,,,WinkClap,,,,cause,,,,cause he really likes people what likes his cookin,,,,,,,WinkWink

A little late and sad. See I just realized another way that Shamey missed out.
Jenny would have bought him a brand spanking new wood Farred
Smoker to tear down that ole trailer so long as he did a very neat job of it and picked up all his mess unlike the ole fat guy she’s got hired to do it.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 4:09am
you mean....i couldn't have tested out my tannerite on them?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 4:00am
Ted...in regards to the Adolfs...its really the bormo...stuff that tenderizes everything, yes there is salt in it, and that's why only a pinch between first finger and thumb is used. ya'll know how long it takes to cook up taters...you can slice the time off by 3-4 times if you use a pinch of that adolfs stuff. i do steam alot of things like you mention in foil or steamers. supper last night was cod on the grill, after turning it once a little garlic and herb dressing is sprinkled over the chunks. yummy! i've tried many dif brands of the garlic and herb dressings and wally worlds "great value" wins on taste. but it don't take much. good on other fishes too! 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 5:33am

you mean....i couldn't have tested out my tannerite on them?

If you’re asking me, I think it’s a fine idea and half of it is still standing. Hint hint hint.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 11:45am
Wink Shameless you better do more studying up, for every good thing some jackass has to find a bad. Confused O'l Ted has you worrying about salt, every 6 months a new study shows up it seem. Half the time it kills you the other half makes no difference. LOL

But now you be putting it in foil, aluminum I would guess. Confused Not many years ago aluminum was the number one thing to take your memory away LOL I think. My mother had aluminum pots and pans, my wife took over when my dad could not remember and we had to take care of him Wink still using them bent up old things.LOL So careful how much of that foil you cook in Wink even worse if it is high acid stuff like tomatoes.

Confused Now what was I warning you about now, dang I better find some to do.LOL 
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 11:44pm
Ray, so THAT'S why I can't member chit anymore!!  I do a lot of cookin in that stuff.  It saves a lot on cleanup.  Guess I'll have ta go back to using the glass stuff to bake in.
But then again, I don't listen too much to them doctors....they change their minds about every few days,,,,,,,,,might be cause of the kick backs they gits,,,,,,,,milk is bad for ya, butter is bad for ya, salt is bad for ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,hell, breathin is bad for ya!!  Specially when you live near or in any of them big cities.  You can just see the smog in the air.
One thing I know is that every breath you take is one less toward the end....
Now that I've cheered ya all up,,,,,,,,,,Big smile  Anybody want a beer? Beer
"Allis-Express"
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 11:58am
Thumbs Up That was the message I was going for. Wink Every piece of advice by the experts Confused seems to wonderful today and wrong tomorrow.LOL

But I was also just trying to give O'l Shameless a out for anything he might forget. Cause us old guys forget nobody is responsible for nothin the way this country runs today. So when the old l.............loving wife is chewing on you, it's not you fault you forgot. LOL Dang old foil LOL foiled you again.LOL
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 6:00pm
Now this IS FUNNY!!  Looking down the list of things on this forum and here is the header BEFORE this thread.......

Hot Topic [2 New Posts]
Deer Road Kill ?? (2 New Posts)

I'll just go out and have fish if that's alright with youse guys!! LOL
"Allis-Express"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic