This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

scrap prices high

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boergoatfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scrap prices high
    Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 9:26pm
the scrap metel price must be really good around here anyhow local scrap yards been having lines of junk coming in to them lately
Raising tunis sheep and oberhasli dairy goats and driving my allis chalmers tractors... Life is great
Sponsored Links

Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 9:46pm
Went to our farm today, found the plow and cultivators for my B, an I beam, some pipe casings and other materials all lined up by the road.  Guess someone gathered it up last night and is planning to come back tonight and pick it up.  Wish i could have spent the night there tonight and fired a couple shots across the bow of their pirates ship when they came back to pick up stuff.
We did load up and move the plow, cultivator and some other stuff.  It was nice of them to help us move it.  I'm sure they'll be disappointed when they come back.

farmer_rob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 9:52pm
i went last week with  2 -45gal barrels in the truck of scrap steal from the shop and got 200$ can
if farming was easy everybody would be doing it
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 3:31am
should have called the local cops and had them stake it out. Might have caught the low-life scum.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
SCPAAndy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCPAAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 6:29am

go paid $11 per hundred for shredder last week

Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 6:56am
I've got a sheet and partial of 3'x8'x0.022" 16 oz. copper. I hate to see something like that scraped but it's about 30 years old so it looks like I'll never use it.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 7:22am
A co-worker lost a set of nose weights and a stack of old wheel weights to the scrap stealers, he found them back at a local yard and turned it over to police.  Yard did not have a name even as it is required by law in Missouri now so they are to be closed for review.
John R. Mrotek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John R. Mrotek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 7:23am
The good and bad of high prices, last week they took the sides off my
air conditioners and removed the copper.
John

realolman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 9:09am
My wife and daughter took a pickup load of stuff to the scrapyard the other day ( which is a story in itself ) and got $2.45 / lb. for copper with soldered fittings.
Brad MI View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 9:46am
I took in a load last week and have another load started now. $210/net ton for unprepared in Traverse City Michigan right now, $.25/# for batteries. 
OrangeKiwi(NZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 2:25pm
Plastic prices must be high too. Around here they keep stealing my mailbox.( polyethylene )

Edited by OrangeKiwi(NZ) - 05 Apr 2010 at 3:19pm
Kent View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 3:10pm
The scrap prices are going to keep going up thanks to China. I would hold onto all your scrap for a little bit yet.
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 3:19pm
I heard $200 ton in Sioux City IA last week. I am not sure if that was the prepared price or not.
Rawleigh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rawleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 4:20pm
Hmm, almost 10 cents a lbs if my math is correct!  That should bring out the cockroaches!!
JohnDNY View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 4:32pm
LOL, I got it Coke.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic