Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10601
Printed Date: 13 May 2024 at 4:23am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: scrap prices high
Posted By: boergoatfarmer
Subject: scrap prices high
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 9:26pm
the scrap metel price must be really good around here anyhow local scrap yards been having lines of junk coming in to them lately

-------------
Raising tunis sheep and oberhasli dairy goats and driving my allis chalmers tractors... Life is great

Replies:
Posted By: Greg (Hillsboro, OH)
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 9:46pm
Went to our farm today, found the plow and cultivators for my B, an I beam, some pipe casings and other materials all lined up by the road.  Guess someone gathered it up last night and is planning to come back tonight and pick it up.  Wish i could have spent the night there tonight and fired a couple shots across the bow of their pirates ship when they came back to pick up stuff.
We did load up and move the plow, cultivator and some other stuff.  It was nice of them to help us move it.  I'm sure they'll be disappointed when they come back.

Posted By: farmer_rob
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 9:52pm
i went last week with  2 -45gal barrels in the truck of scrap steal from the shop and got 200$ can

-------------
if farming was easy everybody would be doing it

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 3:31am
should have called the local cops and had them stake it out. Might have caught the low-life scum.

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Posted By: SCPAAndy
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 6:29am

go paid $11 per hundred for shredder last week

Posted By: Dusty MI
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 6:56am
I've got a sheet and partial of 3'x8'x0.022" 16 oz. copper. I hate to see something like that scraped but it's about 30 years old so it looks like I'll never use it.

Dusty

-------------
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"

Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 7:22am
A co-worker lost a set of nose weights and a stack of old wheel weights to the scrap stealers, he found them back at a local yard and turned it over to police.  Yard did not have a name even as it is required by law in Missouri now so they are to be closed for review.

Posted By: John R. Mrotek
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 7:23am
The good and bad of high prices, last week they took the sides off my
air conditioners and removed the copper.
John

Posted By: realolman
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 9:09am
My wife and daughter took a pickup load of stuff to the scrapyard the other day ( which is a story in itself ) and got $2.45 / lb. for copper with soldered fittings.

Posted By: Brad MI
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 9:46am
I took in a load last week and have another load started now. $210/net ton for unprepared in Traverse City Michigan right now, $.25/# for batteries. 

Posted By: OrangeKiwi(NZ)
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 2:25pm
Plastic prices must be high too. Around here they keep stealing my mailbox.( polyethylene )

Posted By: Kent
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 3:10pm
The scrap prices are going to keep going up thanks to China. I would hold onto all your scrap for a little bit yet.

Posted By: Nathan (SD)
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 3:19pm
I heard $200 ton in Sioux City IA last week. I am not sure if that was the prepared price or not.

Posted By: Rawleigh
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 4:20pm
Hmm, almost 10 cents a lbs if my math is correct!  That should bring out the cockroaches!!

Posted By: JohnDNY
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 4:32pm
LOL, I got it Coke.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net