This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rigid AC 3 Point to SC Adapter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMinor0788 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rigid AC 3 Point to SC Adapter
    Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:52pm
Does anyone have a rigid 3 point to SC adapter with the link from the center tube to left lift link to prevent sway? This one also had no swivel ball ends on the lower attachment points, just a hole. I'd like to buy one.

Brandon
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:39pm
most snap coupler 3 points look similar to this... I have never seen a unit without ball sockets on the ends, unless it was home made.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:47pm
His post says he is wanting 3 pt. to snap coupler conversion. I've heard of them but never seen one.
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 5:54am
I have 2 but I'm in Iowa.  Would be pretty expensive to ship.
AaronSEIA
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 6:02am
I've got 3, 1 original,1 homemade , 3rd one is a tossup. Alla re similar to Steve's posted picture.
There are 2 OEM versions, one allows PTO mother doesn't.
If you're not worried about the 'correct cops', they are easy to make !
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 6:40am
The anti sway on my Allis made 3pt adapters has a link that pins into the drawbar brackets that remain on the tractor after the drawbar is removed. It has adjustable eyes on each side to adjust the amount of allowed sway. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:26am
my picture is a photo of a snap coupler to 3 point..... who has a photo of a 3 point to snap coupler unit ........... i have never seen one and dont see how that would work ?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 2:26pm
hmmm, interesting.....I always assume someone wants to use 3PT implements on a SC tractor....
going the 'other' way.....tat I'd like to see also...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 7:40am
I installed a Cross 3 point conversion onto what had been a D15 II, with factory 3 point.....by dropping the factory 3 point casting, and converting it back to a snap coupler. Instead of sway chains, it has solid brackets the three point arms rub up against.

With the Cross conversion, drawbar is left mounted and 3 point available all the time. Used it the other day to run a 6 tine chisel plow through the garden. 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:07am
is there really a snap coupler that connects to your in place 3 point hitch.... or are we just confusing words ?  I really dont see how you could do that ? ....... If you want to REMOVE the 3 point and convert BACK to the hitch, OK.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:13am
similar to what Paul is saying... with a drawbar / sc hitch bracket in place.

Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:16am
Here are pictures of a couple of factory A-C 3PH adaptors and the stabilizer used with them. Fig. 1 and Fig.  are Cat. 2 used on the WD, WD-45 and D-17 tractors and Fig 4. is a Cat. 1 as used on the D-10- D-14 tractors. The first picture (Fig. 1) is the adaptor made specifically for use with plows, harrows, etc. Notice that the top link on it connects to the adaptor rather than the tractor.  A stabilizer is not used for when working with these implements.

Edited by Brian G. NY - 27 Nov 2021 at 9:20am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:26am
My D-17 Series II came with a homemade 3PH adaptor. I am not too fond of it's design except for the stabilizers which work very well. These adjustable stabilizers are available at places like TSC. Of course to use these, mounting points must be constructed and attached to the tractor.

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:39am
The stabilizer in Brian's Fig 2 and on the right of the larger picture is what my Allis 3pt adapters have. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 10:22am
My D15 converted from factory 3 point back to snap coupler. Retained factory 3 point lift arms and cranks.  New drawbar was part of the Cross conversion kit.

Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 4:42pm
I think it needs to be clarified if he is looking for a hitch that goes from 3-point at the implement to snap coupler at the tractor.  If so, that means 3-point at the tool bar of the implement and then snap coupler at the tractor.  I have a couple of those of which he would be speaking of.  I need to go take a couple of pictures.  Or, if he has a picture of what he is trying to accomplish, that would be helpful and clarify what he is looking for.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
DaveSB View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 5:14pm
I’m not sure what the poster is asking for, but I have the set up on my D14 that Brian G put pictures of up.
Works amazing, when used with a 3 point hitch plow, I can’t tell it’s not a snap coupler plow, makes it work exactly the same as original.    
But when people see it they never understand why the top link hooks down to the adapter.
That’s what makes it work so good.   
1948 C, 1953 CA, 1948 WD, 1961 D-17 Series 2 Diesel, 1939 WC, 1957 D14
BMinor0788 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMinor0788 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:11pm
My apologies, attached is a picture of the adapter I am looking for. I already have one of the conversion hitches from Tony's Tractor which has the ball ends like shown above. I was lucky to snatch up a factory top link bracket as well :). 

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:24pm
So how do you use ( for what purpose) a rigid 3 point with no ball ends ??
BMinor0788 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMinor0788 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:50pm
Steve:

You bolt this adapter to a 3 point piece of equipment which essentially turns it into a snap coupler implement. I have a road grader I'm looking to do this on.

Brandon
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 1:06pm
That does not look like a 3PH adaptor.
Rather, to me at least, it looks like the front part of some type of snap-coupler implement that was originally bolted to the implement.
I think the term sometimes used for this is a tool bar support frame.
The adjustable link (not top-link) is apparently there for adjustments to the implement in much the same way as the one in Fig. 1 of the HD 3PH adaptor in my earlier post.
A 3PH adaptor is pretty much useless without the ability for the arms to spread apart for attaching and removing from the implement's pins.
Having said all that, I still think it is a durable looking piece that I might find use for if it were mine. LOL
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 1:06pm
I have a couple of those, of course their in Iowa and I really don't want to sell them. Guess I'm not much help!

I was wondering if this was what you were looking for.

Edited by IBWD MIke - 29 Nov 2021 at 1:07pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 1:31pm
I found one like yours for sale in Minn. I don't know if that ad is current.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 6:10pm
Thanks for the description Bminor.. I was picturing it on the tractor... YEA .. i can see now how a 3 point implement could have that mounted to it, for use on a snap coupler tractor.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:10pm
The one for sale in Minnesota is missing the top link !! Dad had one of those hitches. You just left it on the implement, in our case the rear mount rolling-cultivator.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:20pm
i was waiting for that last picture
only AC orange View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote only AC orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 12:25pm
I have a snap to 3 point hitch like in fig. 1 and it has original top link. One lace has been welded where left arm goes into snap hitch area. What would value of this be? Have someone interested but don't know how to price. Thanks
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by only AC orange only AC orange wrote:

I have a snap to 3 point hitch like in fig. 1 and it has original top link. One lace has been welded where left arm goes into snap hitch area. What would value of this be? Have someone interested but don't know how to price. Thanks

I don't know how much it's worth but if it has both adjustable lift links and an original top link with the hand wheel, people will pay big bucks.

I haven't checked in quite a few years but back in 2007, a factory 3PH like yours without the top link, sold for $228 and in 2009 just a top link with the handwheel sold for $300. Back in that same era, the top link brackets that clamp on to the rocker shaft were selling for between $117 to $161.
JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 5:06pm
I have this hitch, $375 w/top link. West of Marion, OH. Will send you PM.
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 7:57am
Several years back, they seemed to be quite in demand.  Would see them go for up to $500 when they had the center link.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic