Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=184799
Printed Date: 02 May 2024 at 7:14pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Rigid AC 3 Point to SC Adapter
Posted By: BMinor0788
Subject: Rigid AC 3 Point to SC Adapter
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:52pm
Does anyone have a rigid 3 point to SC adapter with the link from the center tube to left lift link to prevent sway? This one also had no swivel ball ends on the lower attachment points, just a hole. I'd like to buy one.

Brandon

Replies:
Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:39pm
most snap coupler 3 points look similar to this... I have never seen a unit without ball sockets on the ends, unless it was home made.

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: Ky.Allis
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:47pm
His post says he is wanting 3 pt. to snap coupler conversion. I've heard of them but never seen one.

Posted By: AaronSEIA
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 5:54am
I have 2 but I'm in Iowa.  Would be pretty expensive to ship.
AaronSEIA

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 6:02am
I've got 3, 1 original,1 homemade , 3rd one is a tossup. Alla re similar to Steve's posted picture.
There are 2 OEM versions, one allows PTO mother doesn't.
If you're not worried about the 'correct cops', they are easy to make !

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 6:40am
The anti sway on my Allis made 3pt adapters has a link that pins into the drawbar brackets that remain on the tractor after the drawbar is removed. It has adjustable eyes on each side to adjust the amount of allowed sway. 

-------------
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:26am
my picture is a photo of a snap coupler to 3 point..... who has a photo of a 3 point to snap coupler unit ........... i have never seen one and dont see how that would work ?

-------------

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 2:26pm
hmmm, interesting.....I always assume someone wants to use 3PT implements on a SC tractor....
going the 'other' way.....tat I'd like to see also...

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: modirt
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 7:40am
I installed a Cross 3 point conversion onto what had been a D15 II, with factory 3 point.....by dropping the factory 3 point casting, and converting it back to a snap coupler. Instead of sway chains, it has solid brackets the three point arms rub up against.

With the Cross conversion, drawbar is left mounted and 3 point available all the time. Used it the other day to run a 6 tine chisel plow through the garden. 

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:07am
is there really a snap coupler that connects to your in place 3 point hitch.... or are we just confusing words ?  I really dont see how you could do that ? ....... If you want to REMOVE the 3 point and convert BACK to the hitch, OK.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:13am
similar to what Paul is saying... with a drawbar / sc hitch bracket in place.

-------------

Posted By: Brian G. NY
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:16am
Here are pictures of a couple of factory A-C 3PH adaptors and the stabilizer used with them. Fig. 1 and Fig.  are Cat. 2 used on the WD, WD-45 and D-17 tractors and Fig 4. is a Cat. 1 as used on the D-10- D-14 tractors. The first picture (Fig. 1) is the adaptor made specifically for use with plows, harrows, etc. Notice that the top link on it connects to the adaptor rather than the tractor.  A stabilizer is not used for when working with these implements.

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:26am
My D-17 Series II came with a homemade 3PH adaptor. I am not too fond of it's design except for the stabilizers which work very well. These adjustable stabilizers are available at places like TSC. Of course to use these, mounting points must be constructed and attached to the tractor.

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:39am
The stabilizer in Brian's Fig 2 and on the right of the larger picture is what my Allis 3pt adapters have. 

-------------
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY

Posted By: modirt
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 10:22am
My D15 converted from factory 3 point back to snap coupler. Retained factory 3 point lift arms and cranks.  New drawbar was part of the Cross conversion kit.

Posted By: Dave (NE)
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 4:42pm
I think it needs to be clarified if he is looking for a hitch that goes from 3-point at the implement to snap coupler at the tractor.  If so, that means 3-point at the tool bar of the implement and then snap coupler at the tractor.  I have a couple of those of which he would be speaking of.  I need to go take a couple of pictures.  Or, if he has a picture of what he is trying to accomplish, that would be helpful and clarify what he is looking for.

-------------
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.

Posted By: DaveSB
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 5:14pm
I’m not sure what the poster is asking for, but I have the set up on my D14 that Brian G put pictures of up.
Works amazing, when used with a 3 point hitch plow, I can’t tell it’s not a snap coupler plow, makes it work exactly the same as original.    
But when people see it they never understand why the top link hooks down to the adapter.
That’s what makes it work so good.   

-------------
1948 C, 1953 CA, 1948 WD, 1961 D-17 Series 2 Diesel, 1939 WC, 1957 D14

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:11pm
My apologies, attached is a picture of the adapter I am looking for. I already have one of the conversion hitches from Tony's Tractor which has the ball ends like shown above. I was lucky to snatch up a factory top link bracket as well :). 

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:24pm
So how do you use ( for what purpose) a rigid 3 point with no ball ends ??

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:50pm
Steve:

You bolt this adapter to a 3 point piece of equipment which essentially turns it into a snap coupler implement. I have a road grader I'm looking to do this on.

Brandon

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 1:06pm
That does not look like a 3PH adaptor.
Rather, to me at least, it looks like the front part of some type of snap-coupler implement that was originally bolted to the implement.
I think the term sometimes used for this is a tool bar support frame.
The adjustable link (not top-link) is apparently there for adjustments to the implement in much the same way as the one in Fig. 1 of the HD 3PH adaptor in my earlier post.
A 3PH adaptor is pretty much useless without the ability for the arms to spread apart for attaching and removing from the implement's pins.
Having said all that, I still think it is a durable looking piece that I might find use for if it were mine. LOL

Posted By: IBWD MIke
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 1:06pm
I have a couple of those, of course their in Iowa and I really don't want to sell them. Guess I'm not much help!

I was wondering if this was what you were looking for.

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 1:31pm
I found one like yours for sale in Minn. I don't know if that ad is current.

https://www.farmcountrytrader.com/detail/allis-chalmers-3pt-conversion-/12531763/" rel="nofollow - https://www.farmcountrytrader.com/detail/allis-chalmers-3pt-conversion-/12531763/

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 6:10pm
Thanks for the description Bminor.. I was picturing it on the tractor... YEA .. i can see now how a 3 point implement could have that mounted to it, for use on a snap coupler tractor.

-------------

Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:10pm
The one for sale in Minnesota is missing the top link !! Dad had one of those hitches. You just left it on the implement, in our case the rear mount rolling-cultivator.

Posted By: HudCo
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:20pm
i was waiting for that last picture

Posted By: only AC orange
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 12:25pm
I have a snap to 3 point hitch like in fig. 1 and it has original top link. One lace has been welded where left arm goes into snap hitch area. What would value of this be? Have someone interested but don't know how to price. Thanks

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by only AC orange only AC orange wrote:

I have a snap to 3 point hitch like in fig. 1 and it has original top link. One lace has been welded where left arm goes into snap hitch area. What would value of this be? Have someone interested but don't know how to price. Thanks

I don't know how much it's worth but if it has both adjustable lift links and an original top link with the hand wheel, people will pay big bucks.

I haven't checked in quite a few years but back in 2007, a factory 3PH like yours without the top link, sold for $228 and in 2009 just a top link with the handwheel sold for $300. Back in that same era, the top link brackets that clamp on to the rocker shaft were selling for between $117 to $161.

Posted By: JimWenigOH
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 5:06pm
I have this hitch, $375 w/top link. West of Marion, OH. Will send you PM.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 7:57am
Several years back, they seemed to be quite in demand.  Would see them go for up to $500 when they had the center link.

-------------
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.

Posted By: JimWenigOH
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 7:35pm

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 3:09pm
I have one of those also.  Not sure where I acquired it, but assumed it went on an Allis tool bar, such as for a rear mount cultivator.  Anyone else know what they were used for or attached to?

-------------

Posted By: AaronSEIA
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Dave (NE) Dave (NE) wrote:

I have one of those also.  Not sure where I acquired it, but assumed it went on an Allis tool bar, such as for a rear mount cultivator.  Anyone else know what they were used for or attached to?

They were designed to be put on a piece of 3 pt equipment to convert it to snap coupler and be left on the implement.
AaronSEIA

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 8:25am
Originally posted by AaronSEIA AaronSEIA wrote:

Originally posted by Dave (NE) Dave (NE) wrote:

They were designed to be put on a piece of 3 pt equipment to convert it to snap coupler and be left on the implement.
AaronSEIA

That is correct, bought an Oxnard blade at auction once. It is a three-point blade, came with the adapter on it. I took it off so I can use the blade on the 185.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 8:49am
That is interesting.  Never actually seen one on an implement.  As it is a set width, it would only work on a 3-point that is that exact width?  Or can it be adjusted?

-------------

Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 10:13am
Most things have brackets clamped to toolbar so would have to loosen things up,assemble and tighten.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:41pm
Dave, it's been awhile since I messed with one. I'll check and report back.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net