This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of WC pulling hitch..Need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WCCLASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of WC pulling hitch..Need help
    Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 3:23pm
Ok I have been building a puller as a lot of you know over this winter. It has come along way but I am kind of stumped on what I want to do for a hitch.....Would like to hear peoples input and most of all pictures if they would like to share.
I know the basics....Are rules are 18'' from the ground and we must be 18''behind center of axle. I know the u want to build it as tight to those spec's as possible, But also need it to be adjustable. So any help....Input ....Is very helpful.
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links

cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 8:40pm

Try and pull from directly underneath the rear axel. I will change mine soon, I have mine foreword some to help hold the front end down. If I can trim some more weight I will shift it back more to pull down more on the rear wheels, right now I cant because of the weight factor. I don't mean back over 18", I mean where you bolt it, the "fulcrum". I have saw hitches similar to these and they work well.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
WCCLASON View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WCCLASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 9:42pm
Thanks bud....I have seen these pictures before so that gives me a better idea. Any one else have a design....Somthing i havent seen before.....Not sure which way i want to go yet....But that is a good design though.
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 5:47am
I'll get some pics of mine this weekend.  Similar, but different
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
WCCLASON View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WCCLASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 12:24pm
guess I am going to go back to the drawing board and build something different. I'll have to come up with something new than what I've seen but ill go off what I've seen. unless anyone else has pictures.
firephight View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firephight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 1:03pm
Google antique tractor pulling hitch
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firephight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 1:14pm

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firephight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 1:21pm

these i found on the internet
WCCLASON View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WCCLASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 1:29pm
Yea I know...lol I have seen them all. A lot of those are WD's and I am looking for just WC's to get some ideas. I think I am going to get a few good pictures I have found and print them off and then brain storm to and see if I can figure out a good way to build one how I want it for my needs. They all look like really good hitches too...!
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 6:09am

here are a couple of mine...hard to see, but you get the idea

'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 7:47am
Originally posted by cotncrzy cotncrzy wrote:

Try and pull from directly underneath the rear axel. I will change mine soon, I have mine foreword some to help hold the front end down. If I can trim some more weight I will shift it back more to pull down more on the rear wheels, right now I cant because of the weight factor. I don't mean back over 18", I mean where you bolt it, the "fulcrum". I have saw hitches similar to these and they work well.

The fulcrum is the center of the wheel axle. You can bolt the hitch on to the front pedestal and it won't change how it pulls as long as the hitch point is 18 inches above ground and 18 behind the wheel axle. Moving the hitch mount forward, only puts more stress on the mount.Shocked 

Kinda reminds me of a neighbor that brought his loader tractor to the welding shop. He had the welder add gussets from the front of the loader subframe to the rear axle so the "Back wheels could take more of the weight"  All that did was add the weight of the gussets to the front wheels.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 8:01am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

The fulcrum is the center of the wheel axle. You can bolt the hitch on to the front pedestal and it won't change how it pulls as long as the hitch point is 18 inches above ground and 18 behind the wheel axle. Moving the hitch mount forward, only puts more stress on the mount.Shocked 

Kinda reminds me of a neighbor that brought his loader tractor to the welding shop. He had the welder add gussets from the front of the loader subframe to the rear axle so the "Back wheels could take more of the weight"  All that did was add the weight of the gussets to the front wheels.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 8:03am
I disagree, Charlie. I still say the more towards the rear the better the rear tire load.
WCCLASON View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WCCLASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 9:59am
is it slotted on the back part of the hitch for it to move up and down for adjustability ? Just wonder how it moves the up and down.
good looking set up though....And IMHO different hitches and different track conditions is what plays a big roll. I pull on black top and clay/dirt....and i have been to Iowa and tracks down there pull a little different than around here. Good pictures though guys!
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 11:36am

I disagree, Charlie. I still say the more towards the rear the better the rear tire load.

Photo
So you believe that if D, L, and H are all the same, you can put more down force on the back wheels F,by moving your drawbar mount from point B to point A.
 Sorry, it don't work that way. The geometry hasn't changed, so if D is downforce on the drawbar then F is going to be the same no matter where you attach it, A, B or C. what you will do is put more force on the attaching point if it is at C and probably bend your drawbar down, which WILL change the equation  I do believe.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 12:33pm
I don't care how you design and build a drawbar to try and gain advantage over other competitors. The fact is, if your hitch point  is 20 inches high and length is 18 inches rearward from the center of the rear wheel and the drawbar is bolted solid so it cannot move or flex, there is no "magic" way to make it perform any better than any other drawbar. All those who think their drawbar pulls better because of the way they designed it must have it designed so it pulls upward under load, which according to good rules is illegal. Drawbar "bolted solid" means just that ......it cannot move whatsoever and any time.
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 3:05pm
Ok, Charlie I may have to eat crow on this one. I see where you are coming from. I moved ours to the front holes to try and hold the front down without using weight, seemed to help, guess it was my imagination trying to accommodate for the extra work. This is why I love this forum, experience way overcomes rookie ideas. I have sat out here for several hours and looked this over, I now agree with you and the good DR.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 4:05pm
the one on my wd moves . never been dqued you just have to have it where it takes more force to move it than the little old man checking it can exert. lol  its all part of knowing what  part of the little details at a pull on each and every tractor to look for. rules are only as good as the tech. man enforcing them

Edited by mlpankey - 05 May 2013 at 4:08pm
patrickmull View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickmull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 5:38pm
riding on the sled pull after pull the one thing i know is to make it heavy so it won't flex under a load or you  will lose drawbar height if you have a 20" drawbar  it flexes 2" you have the same thing  as a 18" drawbar you want to get your support close to the hole as possible mine is 1" in front of the hole    

Edited by patrickmull - 05 May 2013 at 5:48pm
patrickmull View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickmull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 5:50pm
i have a war time rear end i would like to turn my final drive back and make the wheel base longer but against the rules  

Edited by patrickmull - 05 May 2013 at 5:52pm
nborga87 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nborga87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 8:32pm
ha  that one with the red dodge pickup in the background is mine. where did u find that pic. i actually changed it up some since then. i incorporated my wheelie bars into the new one. i also put  a rear weight bracket on it, moved the seat to the center, and put 15.5 x 38's on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic