This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures from the Agco Tractor Plant in France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 7:35pm
Nothing lasts forever, CaseIH is now CNH. Someday they may be just Fiat. If you added up all the brand names Fiat controls around the world I belive they may be they largest tractor company in the world.

When AGCO ceases to exist and the company is called Massey Fergusen (sp?) they will rewrite history and AGCO, AC, White, Oliver, MM and eventually most of the other euro brands they currently sell will become "lesser known classics" from "failed" companies and the Massey history will begin with the original Massey and go "seamlessly" into the future. The victors always write history.
Sponsored Links

ScottinSWIL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottinSWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 8:00pm
 It seems more fitting if they could have used their brand name "Agco" for the NA market.  I prefer orange but would have been more accepting to a red Agco as opposed to a MF name.  It is an exciting time now with high grain prices the last couple of years and the changing technology.  Why did they decide to come out with a new series that was supposedly designed with farmers ideas and then immediaely s*** can it ?  Were these farmers all Eureopean or what?  For me it just comes down to that MF badge more than the hood color.   It is frustrating that they can specialize their product line for certain parts of the world but are now telling us NA customers that ve vill love Massey.  I'm just glad for now they haven't screwed up the Gleaner line. It is true that this is just another point in Ag history that is tough to follow for some of us.  CaseIH and NH though, have been smart enough so far to keep the red and blue fans happy.  I'm sure it would be tough for one side or the other to change also.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 8:07pm
I wouldn't mind if they painted them all silver to match my Gleaner and then sell different side hood color kits that would light up the name and size when the light get switched on. You could buy a used tractor with green Oliver badges and swop them out of orange AC's.
ScottinSWIL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottinSWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 8:24pm
 Unit3-------------That is another good idea.  Too bad the Agco big shots didn't listen to some people with some common sense before running off some customers.  I guess common sense and dollars and cents don't always go together.
ncrc5315 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncrc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:02pm
Spud, you are absolutely right, it is the same tractor no matter what the color of the hood, and it was a very difficult decision to switch to CaseIh because I really liked the CVT transmission. But here is why I did it. I had heard rumors of agco dropping the orange paint in July of 2009, I asked the district rep if they was any truth to this. I was told that agco was very committed to the agco tractor line. So I traded tractors. Less then six months later, the agco line is being dropped. Neither one of my local agco dealers have sold a high horse power MF. By agco's own admission the MF line is not nearly as strong as the agco line in the midwest. (Where they are strong is outside of the midwest, meaning small tractors, larger profit per unit). So how long till the Gleaner name is dropped? If you noticed, the Super Sevens didn't get the new unloading auger, or new poly sides to match the A series.
My point in all of this is this. agco created uncertainty and doubt as to if they are interested in the midwest market at all. I for one was not going to wait around, and see if the MF's have any resale value. My banker, has already suggested that I lower my machinery value by 10-12%, that is a pretty big hit on the balance sheet, not going to risk that again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic