This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

part number 70261418 six bolt hub

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: part number 70261418 six bolt hub
    Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 8:19pm
will it fit d17 series 1 spindles 
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 4:56am
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 8:42am
I am dubious about their list of fitment. I put six bolt hubs from a hundred series tractor on my WD 45, had to buy series 4 D-17 spindles (and steering arms) to make it work. This was awhile back but if memory serves, they 'fit' but only had about half a nut worth of thread engagement. Not nearly enough to get the cotter pin in.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 2:42pm
thats kind of what i thought i reliance they they have it listed to fit all the way to a 200 it just dosnt seam right to me , it looked to me like that would be cheaper that putting 5 bolt centers in 15x8 or 15x10  rims  .   i do have some d17 series 4 spindles   ,  have not looked in the parts book to see if their is any detail on bearing race sizes
Kevin in WA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin in WA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 3:48pm
You can put a 6 bolt hub on an early D17 if you change the inner bearing cone, i dont have the Timken # here at the moment, but there is a small bore cone to fit the larger race of the 6 bolt hub.
Jess View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 9:28pm
Kevin in wa i would really appreciate the bearing #s to do this if you have time and what seal do you use then the old felt or the newer two piece Thanks
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 10:38pm
yes that would be great to have some part numbers.  thanks hud
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 5:49am
From the parts book it looks like it would if you use the inner bearing from the 5 bolt hub.  You'd want to use the 5 bolt seals as well.  Brng #70222214 retainer 70202103 sealing washer 70202104, spacer 70202106, and retainer 70229103.

AaronSEIA
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 8:45am
Keep us updated if you can make this work or not. ReedE at the CIFS found some bearings to try something like this for me. Still had the castle nut issue.

Edited by IBWD MIke - 26 Jan 2024 at 8:45am
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 11:21am
i was just thinking about switching the six bolt on my wc on to my d17series 1 and the five bolt off the d17 to the wc   will that work ?  my goal is 15x8 rims or 15 x10 rims if the tire hieght is not to tall .    i got a parts d17 last summer that had 15x6 and a 15x 6 1/2 on it of an old car and i would have used them if the rims would have matched then i could have had some baby moon hub caps .    there is a lot of six bolt stuff that you can buy instead of the time widening rims and welding in centers    
steve fischer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve fischer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 3:18pm
yes it works use bearings from 5 bolt and seal for 6 bolt ,outer bearing is the same , inner bearing 5 bolt has smaller id and the same od of race ,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic