This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need a water pump:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a water pump:
    Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 8:18pm
A Fiat-Allis FL-10-B has come to me for repairs. Seems the owner went to remove the leaking engine water pump and neglected to remove all the fasteners. A pry made short work of breaking the casting. I've looked around on the net for a replacement and have called a couple places looking for something usable but nothing so far.

Engine is an Iveco OMCP3-100 and the pump number is 8829780. Tractor is in good shape and easily worth repairing. 
Sponsored Links

doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 9:40pm
I'm going to a tractor salvage yard tomorrow. I'll take a look. Any other tractor use that same pump?
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 9:43pm
We've got an FA 10 (earlier than 10B) but  has the same engine.  

The parts book doesn't have a number for a complete water pump but they exist  as I've bought one here in Australia.  

The pump casting is 8824003 and the bearing assembly 8829187 in case that helps.

MinnPar?

An internet search brings up this supplier for a FA 8 - there is a 4 cylinder version of that engine in some New Holland wheel tractors as well.

I can check with a supplier we use here in Oz - we seem to be better catered for such FA  parts than you people are - but that won't happen till Tuesday.

Edited by Ian Beale - 30 Sep 2022 at 9:46pm
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 9:43pm
Thanks, I think the FD/FL-8 series used the same engine. Appreciate the help. I could weld the casting back together but I don't have the machining capability to ensure a leak proof seal to the block. 
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 10:01pm
Thanks Ian. Yes, support for F-A is horrendous in this country. I'd appreciate any help you could offer. I'm sure they would pay freight to get the tractor back operational. 

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 4:34am
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:42am
Thank you Dave. No luck there but I have bookmarked the site for future use.
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 8:09am
I was going to say that surely Iveco used that same water pump in some other engines, maybe much more common (overseas, not in the US) engines... How to figure out which ones is a good question. I would think parts should still be available in Europe and/or Australia.

If you could figure out the Iveco part number somehow I think that would be your best bet.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 1:37pm
 Isn't that the engine in the small Massey that they are selling now?
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 3:45pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 4:07pm
thanks Coke. That link goes to a 404 error in a different language?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 9:12pm
Try Zimmerman Tractor Salvage in Versailles , Mo. They have a bunch of Allis and a few F/A. If anyone would know what-fits-what, they will. I walked around there today, bought a pump for my 6G, Smilebut there wasn't a parts guy available to check on your pump. 
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 6:09am
Thanks kindly. I will follow up with them on Monday.

Where are you around the metro area? I've worked out of the "cave" in Independence, MO several times over the years developing, and optimizing algorithms. 

Edited by Codger - 02 Oct 2022 at 7:30am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Codger Codger wrote:

Thanks kindly. I will follow up with them on Monday.

Where are you around the metro area? I've worked out of the "cave" in Independence, MO several times over the years developing, and optimizing algorithms. 
     I've worked in those caves too, back in the 80's, R&D for a company in Grandview that made industrial oil field pump engines and nat. gas compressors.  I'm in Harrisonville Mo. I'll be calling them tomorrow..
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 4:40pm
Thanks. I'm retired from the FAA and a lot of hardware/software integration is performed and optimized there before being fielded into the airspace.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 12:10pm
Odd as when I posted the link it had listings for a multitude of water pumps , now getting the same error . Here is another link 
http://dozerparts.ru/f/dolz_truck07.pdf
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Codger Codger wrote:

Thanks. I'm retired from the FAA and a lot of hardware/software integration is performed and optimized there before being fielded into the airspace.
  My guy is checking.....says he is parting a FL-10C and it has a pump, at least for a core. I gave him the part number. 
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 1:09pm
A core would work as we already have the guts to rebuild it. Thanks!
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 5:23pm
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 5:26pm
Codger

I gave a bloke I deal with for FA parts here a heads up link to this thread so he can watch and respond if that is in his line
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 2:19am
Codger

I checked with the bloke here and he suggested posting his internet contact if you need to go that way -

Gene Dalton at

South Burnett Tractor Parts

tractorspareparts.com.au

Edited by Ian Beale - 04 Oct 2022 at 2:23am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 3:06pm
Man, Codger, that pump must be made out of solid gold....was told one was available from overseas.......1200$..........gasp!Dead
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 3:48pm
Wow! I'll check with owner and tell him that is his first option available.
Sure is expensive.

Thanks
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 10:26pm
Codger

I checked with Gene Dalton.  He has them in stock.

$A 1529 (= $US about 993) plus freight - no idea what that might be.

Sounds like it would be good if you could find a casting to rebuild
Pfouts Family Farm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pfouts Family Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 12:36am
Here are other part numbers for this pump

New Holland 8829780

Manufacturer's Numbers
DOLZ N461
GGT PA10985

I found one in Italy and one in Spain

The one in Italy has a price of 650 Euro... which at current exchange is around $650 USD
Don't know what shipping would be.  Website shows last one in stock.  Here is a link

Here is a link to the one in spain.  You Have to contact them for a quote

Edited by Pfouts Family Farm - 05 Oct 2022 at 12:37am
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 9:04am
Thanks guys for the tips! I have forwarded the information to the owner , hopefully I'll get some guidance here back yet today.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 6:17am
Alright. The owner has located some sort of repower kit for the tractor using a Cummins engine. I really don't know any more than that but to plan to keep tabs on progress with this. Both the cost of parts, and availability of those parts, are driving the decision to repower to something more viable. 

Thanks again for the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic