This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My alligator hands,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 9:00am
Joe, YOU SHOULD NEVER let them git that bad!!!  Do I have ta take you out to the wood shed??!!
I wonder how well Neosporin would work?  Works GREAT for healing plain ole cuts fast.  I would bet it'd be a big +...
I'd bet you're REAL LOW on Vitamin D......  When my hands start to get like that, I take D supplements and fixes em right up.  I can tell cause my finger nails get real brittle and start to split and crack.  I can only remember once that I ever let mine get half as bad as yours.....that's gotta HURT!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:40pm

Hey Ted,,,yeah, I use the Neosporin a lot too,,just thinkin,,I must have some reaction goin on cause my lip corners are also cracking,,,HMMmm??
I'm gonna go get some Vitamin D here in a while and start that. The cornhuskers is really doing the trick cause my hands are lookin lots better,,,but people still take a second look when I go to a store,,,I just tell em I been playin too much pocket pool,,,,,
OH and I just remembered,,my fingernails been crackin a lot too,,,!!!

Edited by desertjoe - 27 Mar 2018 at 6:42pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 11:44pm
after they heal up, gits you some of that liquid gloves, you squirts it on and it dries to yer hands, when you are done it peels off along with the oil and junk..
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 11:20pm
Remember when we used those pull type plows? At the end of the field you had to pull that danged trip rope? My fingers would crack in the joints pitiful Mom would take wool yarn and tie it right in the joint and they would cure right up. The strongest cherry soap you can find cleans better and keeps your hands in better shape. Joe, when spring comes, I'll fix some stuff and send it to you. You'll have to be careful not to put it on too heavy or you'll start sprouting fingers every which way. But you can make some money with them. Just clip them off and dry them, and sell them as pocket nose picks.  Leon
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 4:27am

Holy CHIT,,,Leon,,,what you been drinkin this winter up there,,,,sellin extra fingers as nose picks,,,dang,,Leon,,,why thas almost sacraligeous,,,,,and,,,,and,,,,,wait a minute,,,,maybe you do gots a good money maker idea there,,,,but ,,,,,you ain't gonna want too big a cut on the profits,,,,,,are Ya,,???
OH,,and Good Morning,,to all,,!!!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 11:19pm
Mule Head Brand original red hand cleaner is the best stuff I've ever seen for cleaning up oily,grease soaked hands. You can wash greasy parts in gas(not good plan) and have that all soaked into the cracks etc and this stuff gets them Sunday morning clean. I have never found anything that cleans this well. Got this at the truck shop parts store. You need water to finish.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 8:42pm
I dunno Steve.  I used to use Oxydol (before they banned it) and udder balm.  CLEAN as a whistle and then creamy smooth.  And I was ALWAYS in gas and oil.  I spose maybe that's way my hands are so callused and ugly today....
Oxydol was some of the BEST.... cleaned everything from clothes (intended use) to greasy hands, greasy floors at the gas station,  just about everything you could think of.  ALL EXCEPT THE COFFEE POT!!  Ask me about that one sometime when you see me!!!  It's worth a good 2 minute laugh!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 7:26am

Hey Steve,,checked out the only'ist truck stop around here and they haven't heard of it. Ebay offers the Mule head cleaner in a gallon jar but the dang S&H is way too much,,it being so heavy,,!!
We are fixin to go to Dallas in next week or two,,so I be checking the bigger truck stops om I-20,,Thanks.
There is SO much of thet old timer stuff that used to be so good,,,and somebody told the guvment it wasn't any good for us,,,,the rest is history,,,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic