This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

looking for a Kohler 16 rebuild kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for a Kohler 16 rebuild kit
    Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 7:36am

Iam looking into rebuilding my 416 lawn mower with a kohler 16 (k341).  Where is a good place to get over-haul kits.  I was looking on e-bay.  But giving away a free knife with a over-haul kit dont impress me.   I plan on going 10 over.  This the first time this has been over-hauled

160 CA 920diesel 5020 HD-3
Sponsored Links

Mark J. N.Y. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark J. N.Y. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 7:43am
Hi Kip, give Adrian Perkins a call He rebuilds all my small engines... His #1-607-329-1430.He is in Bath N.Y. Tell him Mark Johncox told you to call......................
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 8:17am
Kohler ??? I now,sounds daffy, but that's the first place I'd go.Any good local small engine shop can order for  you what you need.Too bad you're 'south of the 49th', I've got a nice short block on the shelf collecting dust.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 9:42am
Genuine Kohler parts are most likely to have the highest quality, but you're going to pay for them. A piston last I knew was $125. About $80 for a rod. I have rebuilt several Kohlers with Napa parts and did just fine. Plan on turning the crank. I have yet to see one that didn't need turned. Be sure to check the shims on the cam. If the cam can walk back and forth, it will sound like a rod knocking.
I've seen those "kits" to rebuild one on Ebay. As easy as Kohlers are to get parts for, I wouldn't fool with Ebay. By the time you pay for shipping, you can go to your local Napa store and have everything a lot sooner with no worries of being ripped off on Ebay. Same goes for if something isn't right.

Edited by Brian Jasper co. Ia - 06 Mar 2010 at 9:47am
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
norm [ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm [ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 1:06pm
  do not order parts till you dismantle or you will be doing twice  we bore our own
   mic the crank  and bore first  1-800-254-3116
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 4:13pm
I have a NAPA Cont. Rod # 7-03855 -.010 under if it will help you out. I bought it for a 12HP Kohler, maybe it is same for 16HP. Replaces Kohler # 47-067-10, $15+S/H
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 8:12pm
Chris, the 12, 14, and 16 all have the same dimensions for connecting rods, but the 16 rod is forged. The other 2 are cast. The cranks are the same.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
sparky309 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky309 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 9:24pm
I also reccomend using genuine Kohler parts. There are others out there, but I like to do it right and one time, so the extra you may spend could save you later. JMHO. Checkout medartengine.com They are a wholesale distributor in the St.louis, Mo. area. I know they are not close to you but they may have a dealer the is. I have dealt with them in the past while I was pulling garden tractors. Give the a call or shoot them an email and I am sure they can help you.  Jeremy
Branden(N-IL) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Branden(N-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 4:34pm
I have rebuilt many Kohler K-series engines using the kits from ebay.  Can't beat the price and haven't had one go bad on me yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic