Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9038
Printed Date: 28 Sep 2024 at 11:53am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: looking for a Kohler 16 rebuild kit
Posted By: kip in cny
Subject: looking for a Kohler 16 rebuild kit
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 7:36am

Iam looking into rebuilding my 416 lawn mower with a kohler 16 (k341).  Where is a good place to get over-haul kits.  I was looking on e-bay.  But giving away a free knife with a over-haul kit dont impress me.   I plan on going 10 over.  This the first time this has been over-hauled

-------------
160 CA 920diesel 5020 HD-3

Replies:
Posted By: Mark J. N.Y.
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 7:43am
Hi Kip, give Adrian Perkins a call He rebuilds all my small engines... His #1-607-329-1430.He is in Bath N.Y. Tell him Mark Johncox told you to call......................

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 8:17am
Kohler ??? I now,sounds daffy, but that's the first place I'd go.Any good local small engine shop can order for  you what you need.Too bad you're 'south of the 49th', I've got a nice short block on the shelf collecting dust.

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: Brian Jasper co. Ia
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 9:42am
Genuine Kohler parts are most likely to have the highest quality, but you're going to pay for them. A piston last I knew was $125. About $80 for a rod. I have rebuilt several Kohlers with Napa parts and did just fine. Plan on turning the crank. I have yet to see one that didn't need turned. Be sure to check the shims on the cam. If the cam can walk back and forth, it will sound like a rod knocking.
I've seen those "kits" to rebuild one on Ebay. As easy as Kohlers are to get parts for, I wouldn't fool with Ebay. By the time you pay for shipping, you can go to your local Napa store and have everything a lot sooner with no worries of being ripped off on Ebay. Same goes for if something isn't right.

-------------
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Posted By: norm [ind]
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 1:06pm
  do not order parts till you dismantle or you will be doing twice  we bore our own
   mic the crank  and bore first  1-800-254-3116

Posted By: Chris/CT
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 4:13pm
I have a NAPA Cont. Rod # 7-03855 -.010 under if it will help you out. I bought it for a 12HP Kohler, maybe it is same for 16HP. Replaces Kohler # 47-067-10, $15+S/H

Posted By: Brian Jasper co. Ia
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 8:12pm
Chris, the 12, 14, and 16 all have the same dimensions for connecting rods, but the 16 rod is forged. The other 2 are cast. The cranks are the same.

-------------
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Posted By: sparky309
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 9:24pm
I also reccomend using genuine Kohler parts. There are others out there, but I like to do it right and one time, so the extra you may spend could save you later. JMHO. Checkout medartengine.com They are a wholesale distributor in the St.louis, Mo. area. I know they are not close to you but they may have a dealer the is. I have dealt with them in the past while I was pulling garden tractors. Give the a call or shoot them an email and I am sure they can help you.  Jeremy

Posted By: Branden(N-IL)
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 4:34pm
I have rebuilt many Kohler K-series engines using the kits from ebay.  Can't beat the price and haven't had one go bad on me yet.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net