This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lets leave the gloom & doom for awhile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lets leave the gloom & doom for awhile
    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:56pm

The owner of a golf course in Georgia was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help.

He called her into his office and said, "Y'all graduated from the University of Georgia and I need some help. If I wuz to give yew $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?"

The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, "Everthang but my earrings."
Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:57pm

'nother one,,,,,

A social worker from Ohio who was recently transferred to the mountains of North Georgia, was on the first tour of his new territory when he came upon the tiniest cabin he had ever seen in his life. Intrigued, he went up and knocked on the door.
'Anybody home?' he asked. 'Yep,' came a kid's voice through the door.
'Is your father there?' asked the social worker.
'Pa? Nope, he left afore Ma came in,' said the kid.
'Well, is your mother there?' persisted the social worker.
'Ma? Nope, she left just afore I got here,' said the kid.
'But,' protested the social worker, 'are you never together as a family?
''Sure, but not here,' said the kid through the door.
'This is the outhouse!'😮
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:12pm
Hahaha I remember that social worker!!!
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 10:41am
Thank you Joe, I needed that. LOL  I feel better already.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 1:03pm
Ok, try this one…….

Three spring breakers finally sobered up long enough to learn of the ongoing virus problem, and since they were about out of money and condoms in Ft. Lauderdale being in shorter supply than TP, decided it was time to head for home. Fearing they might get sick if they got on a plane, they opted to try hitch hiking home. Made pretty good time the first day……all the way to south Georgia, where they decided to hole up for the night.

Only place they could afford was a run down Motel Patel………whose normal rate was only $25, but old boy at the desk sized them up as not too bright and desperate, so charged them $30 instead. A couple hours went by and guilt set in, so he calls in one of his hispanic housekeepers, handed her five $1 bills, with instructions to refund the money. Due to language barrier, she misunderstood, and only gave them three $1’s back and kept the other two. Hey, thats what she thought she heard.

So to check the math, each guy paid $10, but each got $1 back, so each only paid $9. So 3 x $9 = $27, plus the $2 the maid kept. So that makes $29. Where did the other $1 go????
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 4:37pm
That's a good one Modirt, had me for a minute but I see what you did. I won't spill it though....LOL
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:41pm
[TUBE]AA2r6rca2v4[/TUBE]
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 9:33am
Thumbs Up
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:27am
Originally posted by modirt modirt wrote:

Ok, try this one…….

Three spring breakers finally sobered up long enough to learn of the ongoing virus problem, and since they were about out of money and condoms in Ft. Lauderdale being in shorter supply than TP, decided it was time to head for home. Fearing they might get sick if they got on a plane, they opted to try hitch hiking home. Made pretty good time the first day……all the way to south Georgia, where they decided to hole up for the night.

Only place they could afford was a run down Motel Patel………whose normal rate was only $25, but old boy at the desk sized them up as not too bright and desperate, so charged them $30 instead. A couple hours went by and guilt set in, so he calls in one of his hispanic housekeepers, handed her five $1 bills, with instructions to refund the money. Due to language barrier, she misunderstood, and only gave them three $1’s back and kept the other two. Hey, thats what she thought she heard.

So to check the math, each guy paid $10, but each got $1 back, so each only paid $9. So 3 x $9 = $27, plus the $2 the maid kept. So that makes $29. Where did the other $1 go????

Had to sit down with Ole Jethro Clampett to get some extra fingers but done got it ciphered!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:46am

Well,,Chit,,,,,guess I'm gonna have to call ole Jethro cause I still get $29,,,,,,
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:20am
Just keep at it Joe. LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:29am

SO,,,,,,,,who kept the lost dollar,,,??
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 8:14pm
[TUBE]2yKue4Szzcc[/TUBE]
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 11:05am

My wife was standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror.

She was not happy with what she saw and said to me,
"I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you
to pay me a compliment.'

I replied, "Your eyesight's damn near perfect."

And then the fight started........

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 11:15am
Originally posted by JohnColo JohnColo wrote:

My wife was standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror.

She was not happy with what she saw and said to me,
"I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you
to pay me a compliment.'

I replied, "Your eyesight's damn near perfect."

And then the fight started........

LOLLOLLOL Good one John,,,,,Clap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 11:15am
I replied, "Your eyesight's damn near as good as mine."  Woulda been World War !!!  Wink Clap

Edited by chaskaduo - 07 Apr 2020 at 11:16am
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:26pm

My wife and I were sitting at a table at her high school
reunion, and she kept staring at a drunken man swigging his
drink as he sat alone at a nearby table.

I asked her, "Do you know him?"
"Yes", she sighed,
"He's my old boyfriend. I understand he took to drinking
right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear he
hasn't been sober since."

"My God!" I said, "Who would think a person could go on
celebrating that long?"

And then the fight started...

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 3:35pm
JOHN !!!  Now BOTH THEM ARE REAL FUNNY !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 4:12pm
LOLLOLLOL  Yep we missed ya.
Larry Miller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 7:26pm
With all this stay at home stuff, I am unable to attenend auctions and tractor shows. Found a strange lady on my couch. She says she is my wife. She seems nice.
I used to be young and stupid, now I am not young anymore.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 8:18am
Well Larry, are you gonna try and seduce her? Wink
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 12:06pm
I like the part “she seems nice”. I have laughed all morning to myself about that post I can relate to it. Think I will pass Johns jokes on to the wife this evening see how that goes. Lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic