This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KW Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 6:36am
MoSHP was here yesterday, filled out the Out of State VIN Verification, spoke to people at Jefferson city as the OE Tape Tag "Public VIN" is illegible so it will receive a MO Aluminum Stamped VIN Plate with the original VIN on it.  Went to license office, filled out the remaining necessary paperwork and off in the mail to Motor Vehicle Services, Jefferson City.  Fees/taxes came to $330.00.  

Should be wrapped up on that by end of January.

Today I get upper GI inspection for a possible Hiatal Hernia, barium cocktail and all, then off to Cat, KW, my steel supplier the Vet(Special old dog food) and back home.  May be home by Dinner!!!

Picking up Rod Bolts, rocker arm shafts and bolts, reman oil pump, two sets of filters and a small box misc. stuff at Cat.  KW will get extra keys made, and a few odds and ends.  Steel supplier has my latest brackets and spacers done.  Should have fuel tank brackets back up and air system all back together by weekend, be ready to rough clean and frame paint.

OH parts and head are a few days out, POSSIBLY by Friday, more likely Monday on the Head from Houston TX.  
Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 8:28am
Dave,
 Your busy! Lots of stuff in the works! Good luck with your health issues.
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 5:58pm
Nothing surprising today.  Get to the appointment Early, was to be there by 8:30 with 9 start, there at 8.  Get checked in, their original 8:30 called off so I get called in at 8:20.  Get the layout drill, DAMNED Cute Techs in radiology!!  Hard to keep concentration!!  So get machines lined up and start, Fizzy Cup to bloat stomach first, soon as hit the lips, GONE, all the while they are telling me that it can cause nausea or puking.  They look at me and I say OK.  The shocked look was priceless.  Next up a few drags on the Barium soup, watch the travel path and develop a few pics, then lay me down where the Cutest Tech keeps passing her upper arm/shoulder across my face ALMOST as if asking for a nibble!!  Then on stomach and on side all good no retakes required, stand me back up a few more quick pics then the Second Appointment operator shows EARLY, still not 9:00, says has time can get my 10:30 done NOW.  So off to the races, seated, live shots radiographic movies, catch a few small issues but nothing severe, suggestions as to eating Lighter, smaller bites, flush throat with water, tea as swallow a bite EACH Bite.  First Doc comes in explains do have a Hiatal Hernia(Stomach pushing thru diaphragm.  Not really bad but bad enough.  Get into what should try to do as to mitigating as Lose Weight, Stop fatty or Processed foods, decrease oily foods except fish, more exercise!!!  Gals explained I am one of few that tolerates Barium soup really well, swallowed a radioactive pellet pill with no liquid where she reached for it as I completed, saw it go down on screen and went Hmm.  Had me rinse it on down.

Anyway ALL Done by 9:15 and OUT, picked up parts at Fabick Cat, then over to STL KW and into Krakow MO for some formed steel I bought.  Two Boxes, $180 from KW a little in Both, reman Oil pump in Lower($650) would have had a $1100 core if not taken with me, three smaller boxes in larger box rocker arm safts, $340 EACH then bolts and filters and a coolant tube.  Grand Total
$2481 Cat

Steel supplier brackets and spacers, $120 total.

Need to trim off brackets are for Battery and Tool box Rear Mounts.  Spacers for Fuel Tank supports and from Factory are that long to lower end to give a Knee to the Supports.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 5:22am
May only be a few posts left to this.  Biden has been confirmed, will be looking for ways to reduce expenses as the Demons start their taxation programs so to keep working will end most of my computer connection and other extraneous programs.  Wife is already angry as she is losing ALL of her TV in a month, I have until end of Feb Billing cycle then all will be closed down.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 8:40am

Yeah,,Dave,,I'm thinkin there is millions of very disgusted people in the country today,,,But I'm gonna do my part in supporting those groups that are working to make his and all them rinos even more miserable than they did President Trump!!!! I am so friggin MAD at how the whole system was rigged against our elections, thus our freedoms. There is a movement to begin a new political party to primary the hell out of all those rinos and we should all support them when they go public. OK, I'm done for now,,,,,,
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 2:06pm
 The news media is running to whole show
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 2:13pm
Can hardly wait to see gas climbing past $3 and diesel passing $4 as it was in the Obummer admin
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 4:41pm
Got the Exploder back Tuesday, went back Wed with a roaring front wheel bearing and back to us again last night.  Took wife to Biopsy appt. today another roaring bearing started about half way to, no word on biopsy and may not hear until Monday or Tuesday next week.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 6:30pm
Those roaring wheel bearings really make you wonder where they got them, i put a couple  on my 96  Stratus- ebay specials 21 bucks a pop- one good , one 20 miles and roaring  
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 8:02am
Dave,
 Between yours and your wifes health and your project you have a lot going on!

Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 8:02pm
Dave, maybe you could get a job in Australia driving a Road Train !

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:22pm
Could do that Steve.

Some of the Australian trucks are developing in excess of 900hp.  

Received this yesterday, still not received engine internals replacements, pistons are still not in stock, head spacer plate is still not in stock, maybe by month end will have the materials ordered. 

Did get the side boxes on where tanks came off, did knock rust and paint blisters off then hit with a Rust inhibitor paint.

Edited by DMiller - 14 Jan 2021 at 1:22pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:31pm
Looks good, only problem my wife would need a elevator to get in I had to build her steps just to get in my 2 wheel drive pickup truck all stock.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 6:25pm
Steps are standard long legged male driver types tall
Always have been!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 7:30am
As is typical for older Semi Tractors the Foot Treadle for the brakes was frozen solid, Semi Solid that is, aluminum corrosion had built a powdery mess around the boltings.  Replaced the treadle assembly and foot pedal, externally aired up truck and tested brake function, all good.
Will have to remove the treadle pedal to install replacement floor covering.  The throttle assembly(fly by wire) is next to pull straighten and clean repaint base as I await engine internal parts, MAYBE by months end.  As a Side note 99.9% of all engine internals CAT branded or not are Chinese manufacture or Japanese produced of Chinese castings.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 9:23am
  That's good news, none of the cheat foreign junk
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 4:00am
Stripped interior
Water infiltration thru sleeper boot seal soaks floor pan insulation and corrupted seating so all is trash
Pulled floor mat and cleaned up the filth
Tilt column unstuck but telescope still hung
Did get electronic throttle base assembly ready to re-install
No Sign of MoInsp div yet with body VIN number

Edited by DMiller - 19 Jan 2021 at 4:00am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 2:20pm
Looks like a lots of cleanup and some fresh paint will do miricles
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 3:00pm
Once get Boot replaced and all the interior done will mask outside DA sand 99% of the cab less mirrors, air cleaners and a few odd pieces then spray it like I want it!!!   Roof down to tanks will look peachy fine same color just shiny.

Seats will be One at a Time as are close to $700 APIECE.  Will have mechanical caught up by then as is MONTHS away from that.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 4:29am
Engine parts supplier called, 'MAY' have enough pistons now so will know Monday if Overhaul Kit can be fitted out and shipped.  Cat FINALLY got head spacers in and have one reserved, have another load of pieces at Kenworth for Monday pickup.  Monday will be another $Grand$ day locally, $4500 for kit.

Edited by DMiller - 23 Jan 2021 at 4:31am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 5:12am
The Visa charge went thru, engine parts should arrive by early next week.  Went to KW to pickup a few odd cab internal components that reside in not so accessible locations.  Steering column mechanisms, fasteners, throttle assembly and other stuff.  Is a p/s seal kit and other pieces but in all fits in a Department store sized bag. Just under a Grand in that sack.  Also stopped by Cat, picked up my Head Spacer Plate, weighs about 25 lbs, $480 and change as is critical dimension machined.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 9:26am
  Wow this is a expensive project
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 1:51pm
Like my neighbor says, caskets don't have pockets, may as well spend it on something that makes you happy then give it away!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 3:08pm
Already have HALF the Tousan Dollas Worth installed this morning.  Tilt column cable and latch works, clutch return spring, electronic throttle pivot pins and a few odd other small parts.

This is those parts laid out

The Shifter Boots are $200, the least expensive kit in the mix is the TRW P/S Seals kit, two Fuel Caps(GENERIC) $63/Each.

This is the Head spacer plate

Dimension Critical to .001 tolerance end to end thickness.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:26pm
So in last Saterday's Mail a latter from DMV, figured was Title as has been three weeks.  Not so.  
The DMV sent me another VIN Verification form with a letter stating "I" needed to get a 'Authorized Agent to perform the VIN ID/OD and this is in stop until that happens.  So I sit back and ponder.  Form ON THE BACK states County Sheriff, MSHP Trooper, MSHP individual Troop Headquarters offices as to 'Authorized Agents'.  Ran into that problem when started this fiasco.  Called Sheriff, Nope we don't, told to call SHP, and get a 'Nope we don't do those call MVI Division, call them and THEY arrange a MSHP Trooper to perform ID/OD. so how ITH is this MY problem or responsibility.
Called DMV main office Monday, get a gal that pulls up the report number, she goes thru nearly Word for Word what it states as to being MY responsibility to engage Authorized Agent, so I ask her "How do I verify Authorized or Not, YOU have the List"  I get a It is YOUR Responsibility reply and she says have a nice day and HUNG UP on me.

So I call MSHP, they in turn transfer me to MVI(Motor Vehicle Inspection) Division.  Inspector gets on the line states understands DMV is at the worst again and will be out Tu or Th to reperform HIMSELF.

In the Mean Time I find Aaron Griesheimer's email as to Local reps contact info.  I rewrite/edit the same email THREE times to make it politically Correct and send it.  Well today Terry from MSHP MVI Div shows and performs inspect, NO DIFFERENT that the Trooper had, notes the DMV has been the worst he has seen of recent months.  During the afternoon as I had finished the form mailing it to DMV Aaron calls ME.  Notes my complaint letter is one of a MYRIAD of Hundreds expressing the same Belligerent attitude the same pissy demeanor, the same LACK of Information relayed to the small license offices and the lack of forms corrections as to dated instructions.  Our State Legislature is calling the DOR and DMV Div of Department of Revenue  Directors in on the carpet, they are going to have meetings THIS week addressing these issues and WILL GET THESE ISSUES CORRECTED.

So it seems a Pissed off constituent can still get a rep to work for them.

Got the PTO box resealed today and the trans refilled.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:32pm
" IM FROM THE GOVT.......... AND WE ARE HERE TO HELP".....LOL   LOL

MoSHP was here yesterday, filled out the Out of State VIN Verification, spoke to people at Jefferson city as the OE Tape Tag "Public VIN" is illegible so it will receive a MO Aluminum Stamped VIN Plate with the original VIN on it.  Went to license office, filled out the remaining necessary paperwork and off in the mail to Motor Vehicle Services, Jefferson City.

So the real problem is the ORIGINAL VIN TAG was damaged and they had to start from scratch ?   Are they using the TITLE to get the VIN number ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 28 Jan 2021 at 7:36pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:33pm
The last DEM Governor "Rebuilt" the DMV to make it more productive and less expensive, has been WORTHLESS SINCE.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 5:01pm
A little more Fuel on the Fire, wife's car had a Safety Notice from Ford to inspect the Roof Rack and a Safety recall for rear suspension component inspect, so dropped it off last night.  Rear suspension all good, Roof Rack FUBAR and new parts ordered(Chrome covers) then while there had them look into a New Growl from front end, RF Wheel bearing failed as had the LF from the Tree Run Over incident.  Left a message for our Claims Clerk to send a Check for the repair as had to be paid to retrieve the car and our Deductible IS already paid.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 11:43pm
Dave,you lead an interesting life! Maybe it's a Miller thing.Wink I see too much of me in you!

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 29 Jan 2021 at 11:45pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 5:59am
The original ‘Public’ VIN number will be a MO issued hard tag riveted in the door frame
That will match Kenworth records to keep the machine trackable

I have led a life as few could/can.
Not many could tolerate the issues I set myself into!!

When go to any dealer to buy parts or align service it only requires last 6-8 vin numbers and model year/make to derive build sheets
The remainder of VIN is just coding
Year, model, factory of build, options listings
The vin is just the last 6-8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
  Share Topic