This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just saved from scrap yard HD4 dozer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannoncollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just saved from scrap yard HD4 dozer
    Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 8:57pm
It's not running yet , but I hope soon!...power tilt option on outside mount wide blade!..
The serial number is supposed to be stamped in the front below the grill but I don't see it..
I wish I could add a picture but don't see options
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 1:40am
Look for POST REPLY on the left side above and to the left of quick reply box... when you make the next post...

Being you created this thread, you would have had the full reply editor... and in the top of the icons, and the seventh icon from the left you will find a tree in a box or frame... click on that icon... that will bring you to 'image property' page.
  If the pictures are on your computor, I resize pics to 998 pixels in width for ease of downloading......
Now look for 'BROWSE' and click on that,
 then find the picture you want to put up and click on it and hit open.
 then click on 'UPLOAD'
and a dialog box will appear and says 'Please be patiant while the image is being uploaded to server' and click on 'OK'
 Wait a moment and image appears in box and then click OK again and image will appear where your marker is in thread.  I almost always have the marker on the start of a new line. .....

Now if you have your image on the net somewhere, go there and copy the url location of picture, come back here and click on full reply editor,
 go to the tree in the frame and click on the tree
in the right column, you will find IMAGE URL now paste the address of image location and then make sure there is only ONE Http:// , not two - http://http:// hit okay and picture will go into message where your pointer is.

Hope to see some pictures...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Cannoncollector View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannoncollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 2:46am
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 7:39am
nice find.  that will be a fun little guy when you get it going.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 8:23am
nice unit. god save. I have a 1965 hd4 and I could not find the serial # for it under the front grill. I did find the # on the torque housing front flat spot close to the top where it mounts to the engine block on the left side as siting in the seat. try looking there.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 11:25am
Oh Oh, looks like somebody stole the radiator!  LOL (yeah, I know it's on the back side of the engine)
Tracks look like new, great find, hope getting it going isn't too big a deal.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
iceberg210 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceberg210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 3:45pm
Glad you saved it! Hope you get it running soon, HD4's are fantastic little dozers. We've got one with an outside blade too and are looking to convert to power tilt, when you get a chance would you mind posting how long that hydraulic cylinder is? We're having a tough time figuring out how big it should be to get the right throw on the tilt function
Thanks a bunch!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannoncollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 6:55pm
thank you so much for the information on where to find my serial number it was right where you said it was mine is 1850 so it's an early machine..
   I got a cranking over in the motor sounds great but the injection pump is absolutely not putting out any fuel I took the top cover off it looks very Rusty in there I'm trying to soak it in some PB Blaster looks like the pump was new at one time don't think this machine ran in a long time I don't have any information on it pump could be even installed wrong but it's not pumping fuel
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannoncollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 6:57pm
here is a picture of the Tilt cylinder with a tape measure next to it
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 7:04pm
CC it looks like someone added the grouser bars seeing how square they are cut. You need to cut or round the corners taking off around 3/4 of an inch or whatever looks good to you. This will help the machine turn much easier, not tear up the ground as bad, and also not get stuck as easy. Looks good.
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 10:22pm
Was the serial # on the torque tube ? Is that another dozer in the background or what on picture of the tilt jack measurement or a reflection of your machine ?
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 1:18am
Yeah, I now see somebody welded onto the grousers, should have looked closer!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
iceberg210 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceberg210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 9:19am
Thanks so much! That's incredibly helpful really appreciate it!!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 12:50pm
The injector pump is probably why it made its way to scrap. Will need bring the engine up on time, drag the pump off and have it gone thru. Most likely sheared the internal coupler.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannoncollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 4:34pm
Yes I'm just not getting fuel to run through the pump or pump fuel, I see things rotating through the timing window and an injector line port, could something be stuck that could be freed up?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannoncollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Randaleky Randaleky wrote:

Was the serial # on the torque tube ? Is that another dozer in the background or what on picture of the tilt jack measurement or a reflection of your machine ?

The serial number was on the torque converter trans housing on left side top side on flat surface, and yes that's a MF200B dozer
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 5:23pm
You can take the top cover off and see if the shut off lever is stuck inside..
 and the lever there on the outside of pump I believe needs to be towards the operator to run.
 Does the fuel run out of the line from the fuel tank fast?
Did you bleed everything?
  Taken the lines loose at the injectors to see if fuel is even trying to flow?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannoncollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 7:46am
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

You can take the top cover off and see if the shut off lever is stuck inside..
 and the lever there on the outside of pump I believe needs to be towards the operator to run.
 Does the fuel run out of the line from the fuel tank fast?
Did you bleed everything?
  Taken the lines loose at the injectors to see if fuel is even trying to flow?

Yes, good fuel flow with full tank of fuel, and fuel is just not filling the pump..it should fill it and even run out top return line right?
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 8:22am
Give a holler to Injection Pump Ed on here and see what he says is your problem.
Think he mostly on the Allis tractor and machinery section.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannoncollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:54am
Ok thanks, I pulled it apart, with instructions I found on the net, and the only thing I may see wrong is these rollers won't rotate dues to rust
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 1:29pm
most likely the pumping plungers are stuck. I don't mind adding some advice here and there, but these do-it-your-self pump rebuilds rarely go good. You can piece it together enough to make it run, then maybe give it a proper rebuild, the injectors too. If it's all full of rust and corrosion, you certainly don't want to seize the pump because it will try pumping to stuck closed injectors. Good luck!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 1:37pm
Those blocks the rollers are in, they need to be free too... as well as the plungers below the blocks.
You probably already seen this vid... Look at about 7:12 mark
[TUBE]DCPWHv2jJZE[/TUBE]

another vid...
[TUBE]veEONfhL3Uk[/TUBE]

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannoncollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 1:38pm
thank you Ed, Yes they were stuck, the only corrosion seemed to be in this area. Wish me luck😀
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannoncollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 6:34am
JC, thanks again for the tips, I saw the first video, but not the second, you were correct plungers ,rollers and blocks stuck
..THE JOB IS DONE AND SUCESSFULL!..it was still hard getting to to fire for the first time, but running better and better!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannoncollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 7:06am
Update!..the pump repair was a success!, the finals got new seals, steering clutches were gone through, it needed the charger pump for the torque converter repaired, the front seal for the main hydraulic pump, it was leaking into the engine and lots and lots of other refurbishment...it's now at the local farmers show fair.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 7:28am
Nice save on the HD4! Where are you in PA? What did you have to do on the steering clutches?
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannoncollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 3:06pm
Eastern Pa., above Philadelphia.
From sitting the steel plates expanded due to rust, throwing the release fingers out of adjustment, so just cleaning, they were like new in thickness/specs and new brake bands
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 3:27pm
Looks like the rig I need or the back 40 here. I need some paths made in the overgrown huntin pasture. Bring it to Illinois and I'll tell you how good it works Wink
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 6:36am
Nice save! Is that at the Middletown Grange fair? I am not far from that, live in Lansdale but have all my dozer goodies in Jamison. Where are you located? Always nice to find another Allis guy close by.
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannoncollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 7:33am
Yes Sir the Grange Fair in Wrightstown. I live in Huntingdon Valley now, grew up on a farm in Buckingham..I used to have an AC 7GB loader , I miss it and would like to find another.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic