This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I ain’t sayin any names but

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I ain’t sayin any names but
    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 5:44am
Some of y’all need to move to MO. I just saw the perfect village for you.
Tightwad MO.
I had to google it to see if it was real.
Sponsored Links

LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 6:27am
The way I heard it, somebody moved in from NM and renamed it. I don't know for sure who it was because it was before my time.    Leon
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 7:18am
If anyone from the forum here would anything to do with a town like that, it would be named "Frugal". Not tightwad. Just saying. Lol! Darrel
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 7:28am
The bank in Tightwad had to start charging for checking accounts several years ago due to so many people opening an account just to show people the check. I got a check from a guy in Chicago on the Tightwad Bank. He was originally from the KC area.
Maximum use of available resources!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 8:09am
   GULP......,,,,,,,THad,!!  Ya fount my home town Hidey Hole din'cha,,,?? They's only 6 families live there,,,and,,,,and,,,you gots to figure out who the other five are,,,,it gonna surprise ya'll,,,,,,,,,LOL 

(2016 census was 66 dedicated souls)
(most of the other skinflints was hid out in the hills lookin after the stills) LOL

Edited by desertjoe - 01 Mar 2019 at 8:10am
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 8:41am
Not far from our place.......can go right through the town of ToadSuck on the way there.
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 10:30am
Yes Darrel I'm a frugal tightwad and proud of it. A penny saved is a penny earned without taxes. Now being a cheapskate is a whole nother animal. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Scott B Scott B wrote:

Not far from our place.......can go right through the town of ToadSuck on the way there.

Is that near peculiar?
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Is that near peculiar?

Hey, hey, hey, now that's hitting close to home.
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 6:40pm

Is that near peculiar?

Haha. Nope, but if you’re heading to Tightwad and Toadsuck you go through Peculiar when leaving KC.
Why your at it, you can head over to Cole Camp (I believe that’s it). Right at the interestion of “F” and “U”!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 9:03pm

Is that near peculiar?
Glad YOU brought it up before I did......

You really have to wonder how some of them towns got their names..... Can you shed some light on it JW?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 9:38pm

Gosh Dang,,,,Scottie,,,,,that right there is a good one,,,,,Toadsuck,,,,,,wished I'da thought of that one,,,,,,,LOLLOLLOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Gosh Dang,,,,Scottie,,,,,that right there is a good one,,,,,Toadsuck,,,,,,wished I'da thought of that one,,,,,,,LOLLOLLOL

Well,,Chit,,those was some interestin town names and for a bit I thought  w ewas gettin legs pulled so I googled them and by golly them ARE towns in Mo,,,even Curious, Mo
  Well,,New mexico ain't gonna be left out,,,,ever heard of Truth Or Consequences, NM,,,,,yep,,,it's thereClap 
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 10:17pm
How about Embareass? Mn got that...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
knkrein1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knkrein1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 10:46pm
As far as I know there is only one Hell and that is in Michigan and it's been around sense 1841.
Ken R.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 6:13am
Now I've lived in Peculiar for 20 years but I grew up 25 miles South of Cherry Box, MO., it was a Mennonite settlement.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 6:39am
Green Forest Arkansas is a little town that’s been taken over by Tyson Foods illegals. If you go there you can buy T-shirt’s that say London Paris Green Forest. All towns in Arkansas.
Remember The TV show Evening Shade? that’s down by Strawberry.
And I live in Busch which is just down from Beaver.
Joe just so you know, Scottie has been to Busch.😆
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:26am
     LOLLOLLOL,,,,SAY,,,!!!,,,I'm likin all them town names like that ,,,I googled Curious, Mo and is an interestin story on how they wound up with thet name,,,so all them others prolly gots an interestin story to tell as wellClap The way I see it is that the town fathers wanted to make a statement and threw caution to the winds and said,,,"What The Heck" ,,,,it's kinda like ole Johnny namin his boy,,,Sue,,,ain't it,>>   How bout it JC,,,it's your turn,,,,,WinkWink
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:29am
Not much of a little town. The bank of course and a few other small businesses...
Bout 15-20 minutes outside of Clinton Mo on 7 highway. Up until a few years ago had been going through that town about 45 times a year since I was 14.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:56am
I’m surprised at how many towns and counties in AR. And MO are the same and not far apart.
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:39am

Green Forest Arkansas is a little town that’s been taken over by Tyson Foods illegals. If you go there you can buy T-shirt’s that say London Paris Green Forest. All towns in Arkansas.
Remember The TV show Evening Shade? that’s down by Strawberry.
And I live in Busch which is just down from Beaver.
Joe just so you know, Scottie has been to Busch.😆

Well, now I know where I was that fateful day. After all those hairpin curves, I figured I was back in Tightwad. Whew. Wish I would have bought that C too!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:46am
Our place is near the town if Lowry City, Mo. The wife’s grandmother won a contest for the phrase “Lowry City, Where the Ozarks Meets the Plains”. Phrase lives on today and every time I’m down there and look around, realize she nailed it perfect.
And every time I get the itch to grow something I’m reminded that our ground is more rocky ozarks dirt vs the black dirt on the plains
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:50am

Not far from our plac
e.......can go right through the town of ToadSuck on the way there.

Well,,Chit,,those was some interestin town names and for a bit I thought  w ewas gettin legs pulled so I googled them and by golly them ARE towns in Mo,,,even Curious, Mo
  Well,,New mexico ain't gonna be left out,,,,ever heard of Truth Or Consequences, NM,,,,,yep,,,it's thereClap 

And Joe, you got that trickery goin with Las Vegas too. Every time I’m out that way, my mind starts calculatin the geography trying to figure out how it is I’m so close to Las Vegas and the show girls
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 10:45am
It all comes to a Climax in Northern MN.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 11:50am
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

It all comes to a Climax in Northern MN.

But Conception Junction is in MO.

This is funny, as I read these it brings another to mind that I forgot about.

Edited by JW in MO - 02 Mar 2019 at 11:52am
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:39pm
Today I watched online as the lady Wildcats of Licking, MO win their high school state quarterfinal basketball game.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:21pm
Then  there is INTERCOURSE, PA    Where the Religious Right is demanding a name change.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 10:50pm
Change to what, Missionary? Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 2:47am
Originally posted by Ken in Texas Ken in Texas wrote:

Then  there is INTERCOURSE, PA    Where the Religious Right is demanding a name change.

Yeah,,Ken,,and,,I'm betting it is prolly "newcomers" that just moved in and now want to change what the locals have been living with for years and years,,,,,,
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 4:59am
Originally posted by Ken in Texas Ken in Texas wrote:

Yeah, You have to go through Blue Ball, then Intercourse, to get to Paradise, PA...Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic