This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How are you all doin through this coronavirus thin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 10:47am
Still going to work, at least as of now anyway. We are locked in and the public is locked out of our little warehouse. I work for a internet / phone / tv provider and may be deemed essential if the state locks down but don't know for sure. The wife is working from home, hopefully the internet keeps working. Smile
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Sponsored Links

Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 10:52am
People are stuck at home and using their plumbing a lot more than they were before . Any problem that they have been putting off is now much more serious . Friends tell me I need to stay home but loyal customers need my services . A nurse I know has supplied me with good facemasks and I have a stockpile of nitrile gloves . Trying to only run emergency calls , but everything is an emergency now. Customers are a mixed bag ,some don't seem to care and tell me to take the gloves and mask off . Others are spraying me down with bleach and spraying everything in my wake . I replaced a water heater the other day and I never saw the customer . She would yell down to the basement and then she left the check in the garage . Trying to be careful but keep thinking that running these service calls I am putting myself and customers at risk . Hard to judge weighing risk , spreading virus verse leaving someone with sewage in their home , no hot water , toilet not working . Where do you draw the line .Wholesale houses set parts outside and require 10 foot separation from employees .They may shut down this week , will see what Monday brings. As long as Lowes and Menards stay open I will keep working as when parts are done so am I .

Hell of a world we are living in . Arguments with friends over freedom vs public safety . I have always sided with freedom and will continue to but common sense tells us to listen to the experts . Problem today is who do you listen to ?

Be safe everyone and look out for your friends and family .God Bless
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
MDWilliams338 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

My 18 year old daughter is upset as she is supposed to graduate this year and it's her last year for Track and FFA. Her last day was Monday and I doubt they will reopen this school year. She came home in tears that last day of school. Also she and my oldest daughter work at a grocery store so I'm worried because they are exposed to so many people all going crazy in the store. Friday was the worst they had seen with almost each day for the past week and a half setting a new record sales day only to be broken again the next day. Yesterday was a slight let up and they are always closed on Sunday which is nice.

Yessir,my daughter as well.She went in on a Saturday to take her SAT and was told that morning school was done even before it was publicly announced.She still scored a 1500 but is passed angry that they’ll be no prom ,last FFA trip cancelled or possibly even a graduation.
‘42B,’45B,’48C,’51CA,’52CA,’69170,1935WC,1936WC,WD,WD Highcrop,WD45,WF,D10/14/15/17/19

It isn’t how you die.It’s what you live for.-Daniel Boone
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 10:59am
Yes prom being most likely cancelled was another hit for her. At least she hadn't yet bought a dress...... if that can be considered a good side
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 11:15am
I live a quarantine life normally it would seem lol! I work by myself, and the ups/fedex/speedee guys just leave boxes just inside the door. As long as they and the postal service stay open, I should be able to operate my business as usual. Now, we can't go do lunch on fridays, or other things, but I can still do my work, and stil have plenty of it sitting here. Our state went on a lockdown yesterday at 5pm. I work on injection pumps for farm tractors, so since ag is an essential I should still be ok to work. I have no idea why anyone would prohibit me from going to my isolated shop lol! I am trying to maintain distance on the rare occasion a customer does come to pick up their pump, injectors, or turbo. I do a few pulling pumps too, but have to push those back some since the pulling may not happen this year. I have to prioritize the tractors that go to the field. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 11:33am
Well,---here in Illinois, our fat ass governor is showing his true colors AGAIN ! As for me,---I am going where I want, when I want and doing what I want ---he can stick his orders where the sun dont shine.  Everybody around is going about their business as usual.
I need more diapers and guess what ---there aint none! guess I shoulda horded! I always ordered them from Sams and they came by Fed-Ex , NOW Sams says not available on the internet. WTF!!! ----So they wont send any and I'm not sure the store is even open,---probably none on the shelf anyway so a wasted 40 mile trip! ---called around and nobody has any! 
Whut the hell would regular people want these for? ---I have to use them due to the prostate surgery and bladder is not working at all!
Now, one doc. wants to do butt test for colon cancer!!!---THAT aint gonna happen in this lifetime!----got suckered into this prostate thing and not gonna go that route again!

Rant over--- Thanks for reading!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 11:59am
My dad had a big battle over prostate surgery vs medication. India doctor wouldn't do anything for him..... what a beech! Medications were making him sick, had to cath for 3 years suffering infection and infection and falling down from medications. Had a stent put in his leg a year ago for poor blood flow and scheduled for the other leg but he almost didn't see green grass last Spring. Took him to ER and the doc there within 2 hours knew what was wrong..... low hemoglobin down to 4.5. Four units of blood later and he could feel his legs warming.... actually after the second unit.... Finally got good docs on everything, no stent was ever needed and awhile later they did an out patient prostate surgery that worked wonderfully. That day of surgery, afterwards, he told the nurse it was the first time he was able to use the can normally in 3 years! So a bad doc can string you along for years on bad meds and unneeded procedures and misdiagnosis that almost kills a person! And a good doc can bring you back from certain death within hours! It was the ER doc who was the very best!
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 1:00pm
I am just trying to stay away from people and avoid my folks until this passes (other than the 6 pounds of meat I took them Friday). I am working remotely and my better half is an essential worker so she goes in every day. Just playing it day by day, but mostly staying indoors, even though there's plenty of outdoor projects to do. At least it is snowing today. No reason to go out. Stores are a zoo here in IL lately, as every couple of days the clamp down is more serious. We've got 6 confirmed cases in our county here so far I think.
Jk chalmers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 1:34pm
I’m smoking meat organizing garage and letting the b112 run! Pic to come
Jk chalmers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 1:36pm
here she is sleeping
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 1:48pm
At 80 I am staying close to home now that we live in an urban area. Son and DIL have done some grocery shopping for us. The weather is warm enough to go outside and do yard work. Spending time on my computer and reading. I really should get out and clean up the garage and work bench. If you want to see how you rate with respect to other countries in the world check this web site.  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Jack of all trades, master of none
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 1:52pm
Just behaving myself, keeping distance from wife as she gets a little testy when cooped up. Have the old Allis crawler as a project, pick up more and more around the shop or in the house garage as Order is more important that the chaos.

Franklin county is now pretty much a bad day, nurse at Mercy Hospital Washington diagnosed with CV19 she lives in STL County where the Washington hospital is currently under quarantine with her. Pretty well surrounded Callaway Cole Franklin and Pulaski counties close in. Scott to SE, Jackson, Cass and Henry to West. St Charles and STL Counties East with city of STL.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 2:50pm
We in W.Tn and Ky. are hunkered down obeying the 10 person thing.  I have a female key employee who is fearful of a husband who is had immunity issues as does my father in law. Business has been good, really good, so far this month.  We have big orders for parts to rebuild combines and discs.  We moved out I think 12 new and use units this week including 2 bushhog z turns.  I have no idea as to what the future will bring... but keep the faith - just thank the Lord we are not in the businesses who are shut down like the restaurants.  I hope there is a quick  econ assistant on the way asap without the partisan bickering.  A local franchise restaurant who is family owned and mostly operated just did a major makeover and is "the" place to eat in our rural area... he is a great guy who helps out the university ball team meals etc... I know this is a gut blow to someone who did absolutely nothing to deserve this.

Edited by tbran - 22 Mar 2020 at 2:54pm
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Gary (sw Wis.) View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary (sw Wis.) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 5:28pm
Nothing has really changed for me. I guess I live a boring life.
I do morning chores, go to work, come home do more chores. Animals need care. That my life 5 days a week. On weekends I try to catch up on what ever I didn't get do during the week. Today I was cutting wood. Life go on. 
190XT - D17 - D14 - WD45 w/loader - WD - (2)B110 - 616H - 610 - B-208 - WD with 190 Mounted Corn Picker - All Crop 60
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 6:32pm
I work at a truck stop so I have been deemed as an essential employee.  No cases yet in my county but I am washing hands and sanitizing more than I ever had.  My wife has stayed in and I do all the errands.  We are set because we process all our own meat and just put a beef in the freezer.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 7:20pm
it's the first time I wished we had UHT Milk (like Canada) that is bagged, stores without refrigeration and has a 6 - 9 month shelf life. I can live without coffee, but I need milk !!!

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:04pm
I am thankful to still have my job, so many are unemployed because of the Chinese born virus. I am a systems tech for my company. We are now carrying paperwork with us in case it goes code red locally. It allows us to travel to and from work. We are working hard to make sure the internet, cell service, and landlines stay online during this critical time. New service orders are screened as well as trouble reports for our safety. Luckily I work mainly with just 1 co-worker and we have been doing projects with very little public interaction. All is good so far. Thankfully I have the farm to help keep my mind off the world troubles. Cows have to be fed and a lot of projects need to be done before hay season begins. Praying for this to all end and for everyone to stay safe and virus free. Take care everyone.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

Yes prom being most likely cancelled was another hit for her. At least she hadn't yet bought a dress...... if that can be considered a good side
We are sitting on two new dresses for prom because the boyfriend goes to another high school! I told her we could have prom on the farm but they came out with no gathering of 10 or more people. Like Ed I have my own shop on the farm so we are still working. Wife works at hospital in OR no more non essential surgeries for now. Daughter is a junior and I have waited for three years for this years softball team to make. Had a legitimate chance to go all the way this year. She has been playing since she was five and I know it’s just a sport but after so much anticipation for the season we played 4 games before they cancelled schools and sports. But there will be next year I hope.
Kiwi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 3:43am
Hi all we here in NZ have been told that we are in lockdown as of midnight Wednesday and we have not had any death’s from covid 19 and as of today only 102 confirmed cases hope all our Allis family stay safe
Tractors Allis EB,two C,diesel G
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:46am
Coronavirus Pandemic, day 16.
If anyone is still out there, I’m alive but struggling. Food is running low. Down to only 459 days worth. My hands are super sanitized and my butt is super clean. Down to 15993 rounds of ammo (dropped 1 round down the heat vent while doing daily inventory). Power still on, but for how long? Missing human interaction but I have my dogs.. for now.. (I'm soaking their food in BBQ sauce in an attempt to marinate them from the inside in case I have to eat them) . I fear dark days ahead. News is all bad. Neighbors have attempted to leap from windows to their death, (or near death... most have single story homes so they are badly bruised). Blew through most Netflix series so may have to rewatch some again..Basic Survival is a definite challenge. I vow to persevere to the end, I am a survivor! Please, if there is life out there, communicate with me to help preserve my sanity..
Armand(AZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 8:42am
We live in a gated community here in Mesa.  2600 homes with probably 30% owned by Canadians who have already headed for home.  Guess most of them got the word from their insurance companies that they are not covered if they get the virus here in the US.  Management made the decision 10 days ago to shut down all amenities except golf and tennis.   For me that means the pool room and wood shop are closed which isn't a major blow for me as I have my shop in the garage where I normally spend four or five hours a day building AC models.   We are not Mormon, but we seem to always have six months of food in supply so we are good there.  Shelves in WalMart and Winco are somewhat bare.   Needed milk last week and had to go to two stores before I found a gallon.  Had a fishing trip planned to Mexico last week, but cancelled going as it might be a PITA to get back if the government decided to close the border.  Setting five or six hours in line to cross isn't my idea of a good time.   We'll all get through this, but I hope it ends sooner that later.  Stay healthy!!!!  Armand
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 10:31am
Yesterday, Jean and I got in the car to drive around.  Did not want the car to sit too long battery would go down.  In fact when pushed the start button was reminded of low battery.  We drove around our neighborhood in Bel Air, MD   Interesting.  Grocery Stores had cars out front, Macy's and Kohl's had empty lots.  Drove by Best Buy and saw some yellow jacketed people roaming the parking lot.  Stopped by one and was told they were delivering items that had been called in to the store for pick up.  Gas $ 1.99 -really low for Maryland.  Shopping centers empty - course they are closed except for food stores that have outdoor access for carry out.  Dick L hang in there. 
I was delighted to hear of various responses from around the world.  Interesting how we all are required and are handling the situation. Good thoughts and prayers to you all during this most unusual time.
Always say this but never meant it more.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 2:18pm
Stay safe Bill! We are still down in southern Utah, we were planning on heading back to Spokane in a few days but may delay that as things are better down here. Unfortunately all my projects are in Spokane, but we have done our share of hiking on the beautiful trails around here. Yesterday we hiked into an old mining area 12 miles north of here. BLM has suspended fees for the time being, so more people are enjoying the great outdoors. Did some research this morning and came up with some interesting info. Lots of history resources on the net!  

They also used the area for movie sets back when.

ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Armand(AZ) Armand(AZ) wrote:

We live in a gated community here in Mesa.

I have a pair of gates across the only entrance onto the property; I hadn't thought about it before, but I guess I live in a gated community as well.

My mother lived in a gated community for several years; it was sort of amusing; open rusty gates on rotted posts at the steep gravel entrance, steep narrow gravel and mud pot-holed roads between the constantly falling trees, little old ratty-looking rundown houses everywhere with the most peculiar people living in them, a big swimming pool taken over by frogs and a big recreation hall with plywood over the windows.
Since it was a "gated community", the county would not maintain the pitiful roads.

Worse rundown homes just outside the community will sell quicker and for more money on account of having access to county water and county road maintenance.
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 4:04pm
Well, in just another hour we are on full lockdown other than those whose jobs are considered essential. Sounds like a lot of fun, but then I've got plenty to keep me busy right here at home.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 5:11pm
If its like the lockdown around here, its very loose as Walmart parking lots are packed at all times of the day-  what a joke
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 5:47pm
Well, at least the liquor stores haven't been shuttered...yet...

And on the subject of hope for the future, came across this, on youtube, just remember no matter what we are facing, it has looked worse before!Wink

[TUBE]XySQbE-f1a4[/TUBE]

Edited by DiyDave - 23 Mar 2020 at 5:47pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Armand(AZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 6:16pm
Buck Skin, Now that you mention it, I guess I lived in a gated community back when I a kid in SD.  We closed the gate so the sheep could mow the lawn!!  

Edited by Armand(AZ) - 23 Mar 2020 at 6:17pm
VAfarmboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 8:40pm
I think this whole virus thing is being blown way out of proportion.   I work on a US military base and it is pretty much business as usual. The only change In have noticed is that the guards at the gate now have you hold your military ID so they can scan it rather than you handing it to them.  Not much traffic on the way to work though so i guess everyone else is staying home.
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:58am
I realize that the lockdown and school cancellations are difficult on the graduating seniors, and they will miss out on an important part of their youth with proms and graduation ceremonies.   I saw something that puts it into a bit of perspective.
Those seniors graduating between 1964 and 1970 quite often got to have a senior trip to Viet Nam.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic