This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11B RESTORATION PAINT/BODY SHOP IS OPEN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 2:52pm
"But a little reality has to set in occasionally."
Darrel, thet don't take much for that reality to set in over here..
 Now wid yur revelations bak at me, I thinks I gots ta go and finds my wittle bittie blankie and go find thet 'special' place to go sits in... without them color books an crayans... an thinks about how obummer gots ta be many millionaires wealthy whilest you an I's are still poor ol pharts...  LOL

Guess I betters goes an takes care of my 'cash' cows... and starts the evening meal fer them... seems everybody expects me ta feed them... tha dawgs, the moo~moos, the fuel tank on the tractors, the wood stove, the govermutts, an some other bellies an thens sit backs down and feast on all them pics Mel and Dave make...   LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Sponsored Links

shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 2:41am
me thinks we all better goes up to Darrell's and have an auction out of his building, clean it out so he can puts his good stuff inside! we'll only take 1/2 of the profits Darrell for helping ya! I might even brings sum pashonate pink paint in case I see any green iron up there!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 2:42am
Mel....i'm pretty good at painting with small brushes. prolly would have been faster and less cussing than taping it off! lol 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 8:57am
I have used a trim roller paint adaptor with a almost no bristle roller to do similar on old machines kind of like ink pad stamping, tape and spray can be quite a handful with as many letters as Allis!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 9:32am
it still looks good tho Mel! (i'm soooooo proud of you)!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 11:35am
Originally posted by shameless (ne) shameless (ne) wrote:

it still looks good tho Mel! (i'm soooooo proud of you)!
Hates to agree with Shameless, But here, I'd have to agree with him X 2! Darrel
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 3:11pm
Ok, gotta fess up. We were scamming on Shameless about how those letters were painted (we've been getting a little rummy finishing this thing). But we're glad he was worried about it too. Truth be known we sure as hell didn't mask it!!. We use a permanent "SHARPIE" Probably won't finish it tell we get there. Might even "Tom Sawyer" somebody up there, you know, betcha can't paint this logo or maybe in the after noon "for a beer I'll let you put the final touches on my tractor"  photo P3140062_zpsc05ta5pq.jpg
OOOOKKKK! FINAL FINAL!! iT GOES ON THE LOWBED TONIGHT. NEW POST COMING. photo P3140063_zpsssw0688c.jpg
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 3:33pm
WOW!!! Had to save a picture of it...
 Now ol shamelush will prolly be raggin abouts thet blue in the back ground... LOL
Darrel, would you want to get this one dirty now??? 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 3:57pm
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:50am
Wonder if their crawler went down through the assembly line in this building...

Maybe the way these fellows rebuild them crawlers, they need to update a little bit and get three four or five done in a weeks time maybe...if they had some facility like this...   Just haven  litle fun... Wink

Look! NEW Tracks laying there on the floor all rolled up!!!
Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 2:03am
Looks like HD-7s or HD-10s on the first line and HD-5s on the second line headed out for a loader with those tracks and hydraulic lines.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 3:45am
If you notice the sign on the radiator, it says, "HD5 - 25000"
 Yup, street shoes and headed for the loaders.. Second one behind it is just getting her shoes put on...
 Think the distance between the hood and the rear panel isn't enough distance for the 6-71 so probably a HD7.  2nd one back hasn't the seat , fuel tank or fenders on yet...nor the cowling. Fifth one back hasn't gotten a radiator yet and the sixth doesn't have the exhaust pipe on yet...
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 8:46am

Yea Mel !!!!
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 9:10am
ohhhhhhh.....it's NOT nice to try and fool ole Shameless.....but I guess I can forgives ya this time! LOL thanks for all the great photos showing your progress! I still been wondering about that new building ya'll started awhile ago tho...
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:58pm
But distance is enough for a 4-71 that the HD-10 used but I'm going with a HD-7 because it looks like one air filter pipe where the HD-10s had two filter pipes.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 10:52pm
Must have been loader day at the plant.

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 2:34am
I would guess that the first several tractors off the line went to TractoLoader so the loaders could be installed. That way the loaders, dozers and farm tractors would be in the dealers at the same time.
HD11 owner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD11 owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 9:08am
Was that the Allis plant in Springfield IL?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:24pm
I think it was the Tractomotive plant in Deerfield. AC would acquire Tractomotive in 1959. 
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:54pm
The two pictures seem to show the same assembly plant... and apparently it was in Springfield or so I gather.
 I found top picture in an article Rosy future for manufacturing. http://visuals.sj-r.com/picturing-the-past/2016/9/2/rosy-future-for-manufacturing
 The second picture was here  http://sangamoncountyhistory.org/wp/?p=2646
"A-C expanded in Springfield by buying American Radiator Co.’s factory at 11th and Ash streets in 1944 (that facility, identified as A-C’s No.. 2 plant, closed in 1968) and then added the Baker Manufacturing Co. plant, 503 E. Stanford Ave., in 1955. A-C also had a proving ground along the Sangamon River near Mechanicsburg.
Allis-Chalmers warehouse, 1945 (Sangamon Valley Collection)

Allis-Chalmers warehouse, 1945 (Sangamon Valley Collection)

Major products at the Springfield plant included crawler bulldozers, such as the HD-14 and later the HD-41 lines, and heavy-duty graders."

That does not look like a warehouse to me.

Another photo...  found in 'Classic Dozers' Blade Manufacturers.

from http://classicdozers.wordpress.com/dozer-gallery/blade-manufacturers/

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 3:18pm
Great looking machine Mel
HD11 owner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD11 owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 6:30pm
Yes, the proving grounds were at Mechanicsburg about 5 miles from where I live. Mainly residential now. Most of the workers have passed on to a new life also.Plant in springfield was switched to military equipment in WW2, but don't know what they built. Some farmers I use to know worked there during the war. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic