This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hd11b interchangeable parts with other model dozer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hd11Bowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hd11b interchangeable parts with other model dozer
    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 9:34pm
Hi guys, I have a hd11b and love it, my first Dozer and I'm up to 150 hours rattling around my property cleaning up the paddocks, was wanting to know if f parts from other AC models or other Manufacturers can be used on my model and visa versa, it's serial number is HD11B-7265, wouldn't mind a hydraulic tilt ram, also my blade is a bit knocked around

Edited by Hd11Bowner - 09 Aug 2020 at 7:55am
Sponsored Links

Hd11Bowner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hd11Bowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 9:37pm

Edited by Hd11Bowner - 07 Aug 2020 at 9:42pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hd11Bowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 9:40pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hd11Bowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 9:46pm
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:12pm
Good looking old gal. Hope she serves you well over the years. Can't answer your question though.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 5:57am
The HD9 have the same cluch,transmission,stering cluch,bottom and top rollers, idlers,sprockets
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hd11Bowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 7:03am
Thanks thats the kind of info I was chasing, what about the track chains and grousers? 

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hd11Bowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 7:18am

Edited by Hd11Bowner - 09 Aug 2020 at 7:21am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hd11Bowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 7:20am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 8:38am
Track chains are unique to HD9 and 11s also obsolete 7.0 pitch, To rebuild UC is difficult where rollers from CAT can be installed after Truck mods and a sprocket ring swap.  Has been a few posts as to that to adopt 6.906 CAT Rails, dimensions are close just not close enough to direct swap.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hd11Bowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 5:41pm
What is the method to breaking the track chain, is there a specific link or are all the pins able to be punched out, and what is the best way using basic farm tools from the shed?

Edited by Hd11Bowner - 15 Aug 2020 at 5:42pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 5:44pm
These are dry pin rails, ONE only master pin, will have a dimple or depression in the ends to identify.  If has Not been out in recent history will recommend calling a Track Press mechanic, takes upwards of 40 ton to get these moving.  OR you can do as I have, LIGHTLY heating the pin eyes of the link, and driving with a 20 pound sledge.

This is NOT Farm Shed tool qualified.

Some that have been removed and were too loose to remain in place will be Tack Welded into the link eye.

Edited by DMiller - 15 Aug 2020 at 5:47pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 5:48pm
This is one of my 7Gs, removing the rails, has a section of square pipe welded to the link eye so I can haul back for a true swing on the drift, it was not mushroomed as I started.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hd11Bowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 9:52pm
Thanks DMiller, looks like ill be giving that a go with a nice big Hammer as I have to replace my Idler Bearings, Ill try to replace them without removing the track first and see how that goes

Edited by Hd11Bowner - 16 Aug 2020 at 9:53pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 8:50am
Rails will have to be off to access the bearing retainers as idlers slide out the end of the rail truck.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hd11Bowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 5:24am
update, I ended up buying a new set of chains, possibly the last new set in the world lol, I cut the old chains off with a angle grinder, I replaced a leaky lower roller and had the Idlers both serviced, new grouser plate bolts, I can't believe how nice it runs now, I don't even hear the tracks rattling, just the motor humming away,

Edited by Hd11Bowner - 04 Feb 2021 at 5:24am
HD11 owner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD11 owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 5:40pm
Looks awesome and runs great in the video.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic