This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gordyville in Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gordyville in Review
    Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:41am
Good show as always. The AC's were there and competed very well overall. Good enough to make my green and red friends take notice which is saying something.

Beer was cold and pork sandwiches were hot. I'm going to give my liver the next week off.

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 18 Jan 2015 at 9:42am
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 10:24am
Did your - check liver light come on !! Yeah seen the AC,s did really well ,,
rowcropmafia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 1:45pm
Had a great weekend. I'm defiantly dragging tail today, but looking forward to doing it all again next year 
cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 3:39pm

Had a blast Sat. afternoon. Alot of A-C folks in the stands and in the pit area. Food and beer  were good. Pulling was great. Now I'll spend the afternoon re-watching the winners on youtube. ( maybe with a beer or 2)

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 4:12pm
It is cool to see how many AC shirts and hats are floating around, considering how few AC's are actually pulling. It seems we are getting a couple more every year down there. Was great to visit with some buddy's only get to see there. Got home at 2am, so I'm dragging A$$ as well! 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 5:26pm
Any sites that have where the complete classes finished ? Meaning each place
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 5:47pm
whatssmokin productions on fb. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
dbounds View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 5:59pm
Could not be there but glad tractor (Agent Orange) did make it and gladder that it is still in running order. All new from front to back. My son Sam was there and it is back in our shop tonight getting new weight brackets for the extra 1000# she can now carry. Hope next year to have it balanced better.  Doyle
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 6:18pm
It was a good time. Good to see the Orange!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 7:20pm
It was definitly a good show. Couple AC's from up north made it down for the first time, was glad to see the 8070 make a good run down the track! Was good visiting with friends and even meet new ones! Just stayed up way to late Saturday night!!!
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 1:50pm
  What power plant in D-21 Mission Impossible?
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by NEVER green NEVER green wrote:

What power plant in D-21 Mission Impossible?

466 international is what the guy sitting on it told me
    IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 6:12pm
  Must be a 40 series Detroit.
JoeRepking View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeRepking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 8:27pm
Ed why did you go home so early we climbed the sandpile after the pull was over sunday morning!
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 11:52pm

He must have lied to me.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by JoeRepking JoeRepking wrote:

Ed why did you go home so early we climbed the sandpile after the pull was over sunday morning!

Must have leveled it off a little, you guys were in no shape to climb any hills....LOL. I went swimming at the motel when we got back at 1 AM .....not a good choice. I told them guys in the funny suits my name was ED.
                                  IG

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 8:05am
Aw man! sounds like the fun started as soon as we left! Rolled out after the 6250 limited supers ran their finals. Was home before 2am! 
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 8:06am
Oh, and my designated driver can't drive a stick!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 8:18am
Originally posted by ILGLEANER ILGLEANER wrote:

He must have lied to me.

A newer version of IH 466 built by Detroit.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 12:39pm
I'd like to see how much of the new gen DT466/Detroit 40 series are used in the pulling world. It was co-engineered between navistar and detroit, and is a completely different engine than the old International Harvester DT414/436/466. Even the bore and stroke are different. The new series consisted of DT408/466/530/570. They used P pumps before going to HEUI. NONE of the IH style ever used a P pump from the factory. MW is as big a pump they ever got. My thought is everyone claiming a Detroit 40 is actually using an IH DT466 style engine. Am I wrong thinking this? 
rowcropmafia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 1:33pm
You're right about a lot of them just being a ih466. But it is my understanding that the first year or 2 of the 40 series was just a dt 466 labeled as detroit before they finished the new motor. I don't know any of this firsthand, just what i was told
Larry W. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 4:38pm
by Ntpa rules superstock and prostock component tractors can run any engine under any sheet metal, so in those classes yes you may find actual ih tractor 400 series blocks. but in pro farm, super farm, limited pro classes you must use the newer 40series style block and head, which is significantly different then the ih motors, and in my opinion a better starting point anyway.

Edited by Larry W. - 20 Jan 2015 at 4:40pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 6:52pm
   Hurricane Allis uses the 40 series.
lussetto View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lussetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 10:40pm
Ed, from what I have been told, the 40 series/DT466E is very similar.  Old DT head will bolt on, crankshaft has bigger main journals but the spacing is still the same.

Greg
Beirnesy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beirnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 7:00pm
Video of smoke tube termination at Gordyville.

1969 220,1967 190DXT,1968 190DXT, LGT's 710,,716
ac45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 11:25pm
I'm pretty sure an early 90s dt466 came with a p pump in truck applications. I know the ones with the sqared off intake was the last year. Theses say navistar on the tag but are still the IH 466 250 horsepower I believe.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic