This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OK wisconsin engin guys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnie/S.D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OK wisconsin engin guys
    Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 8:26pm
 I want to over haul my VH4D  bobcat 600 engin (need to replace the heads) will any 30hp heads work on this engin I will call any one that will give me your noumber or email mine is 605 338 0006  or vmdonelan@msn.com Thanks vince
Sponsored Links

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:13am
I think I have a vhd head or two off a M-600 Bobcat, Just give me a call tonight at home.
816-697-1995 after 6PM. I live East of KC MO. about 20 miles.
No they need to be off a VHD to work right.
Don 
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 9:43am

What is wrong with your heads?  If it is just the spark plug holes, they can be repaired.

There were standard heads and there were high altitude/LP-gas heads as well.
Make sure the replacement heads have the same casting number.

Matt (Jordan,MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (Jordan,MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:45am
 You should be able to get new heads from wisconsin or you Bobcat dealer. The Bobcat dealer that i worked at had a set on hand. I even replaed a few that cracked.  
R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 12:38pm
I have a few VH4D engines for parts, should have some good heads.

Edited by R Aiken - 20 Jan 2010 at 12:39pm
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 12:53pm
What is a fair price to pay for a good VE-4?
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 5:32pm
Clay, Is your VE-4D off a hay baler?

Edited by Don(MO) - 20 Jan 2010 at 6:01pm
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 4:23am
Not sure what the engine was on before I bought it.
I use it to power a 20 G.P.M. pump on my log splitter.  Wish I had one with electric start.
R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 5:30am
Clay.  I think I enough parts to put electric start on your engine.  Richard
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:01pm
I know the fly wheel has to be changed. 
My engine has a magneto.  I believe the elecrtic start engines have a distributor.
The engine I have  was making some noise.  I think it could be a bearing.  It was hitting on all four cylinders.  Guess I will have to tear into it and find out.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:16pm

Someday I will have to get into my Wis engine too that is on a Bobcat. kinda tired and has piston pin noise (I hope thats it) or bad rod bearing. had cracked aluminum heads and changed them out to cast iron heads.

Seems to run alright that way, but think the cast iron ones are a bit less compression.
  I will also need a drive pully flange since the one I have has a chunk missing on outer edge.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic