This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

226 overbore sleves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 9:02am
let me get this straight in pankey logic.

#1.  was water leaking past the sleves into the oil getting so hot in 15 seconds that it was turned to steam and sucked out the exhaust.

#2.  was a leaking head gasket, leaking water into the cylinders.  But there is no water at the head gasket and the engine is a dry block.

#3.  excessive blowby that waits untill the end of a run to appear.  Continues when the engine is at idle and cylinder pressure is low.  This doesn't make sense either.

What will # 4 guess be?  A magic Genie?  Make a wish spankey!!!! maybe she'll give you a brain so you can think before postingCry

Well it's # 4

It is oil smoke.  The crankcase breather was hooked to a plug I made that fit in the oil fill hole on the old magneto drive.  Timeing gears would sling oil up at the hose, the crankcase evacuater would eventually pull some oil up the hose and into the exhaust stream.  It took a little time, hence my magic Genie would only appear after 12-15 seconds. 

I didn't want to hook the crankcase evacuater in the valve cover, it may hold excessive oil on the head and in the lifter galley.  Rember (again for the village idiot) the old 201 blocks were solid on the bottom of the lifter rail with the oil return hole in the front.  Unlike the 226 blocks that had wide open holes in between some of the lifter bores.  I suppose I could have knocked a hole in the block somewhere else and made a fitting, but that extra oil filler hole that needed to be plugged anyway was a handy place to hook a hose to.

It's simple physics explained once again for "jealous mitch".  High velocity exhaust gasses cause a decrease in pressure when passing an orfice.  That orfice is hooked to a hose to pull a vacuume on the crankcase to help seal rings and evacuate any pressure.  Oil is pulled up the tube after time and when combined with hot exhaust gasses a magic Genie appears. 

Please try and rember this "jealous mitch".  I explained it to you long ago and you were to dumb to understand it then as you have proven you are now.  Not learning even basic physics and jumping to conclusions will never get you verry far.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 9:05am

your engine was stalling rpms was lowering . thats when suck back occurs

wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 9:20am
http://ytforums.ytmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=749047&start=15&postdays=0&postorasc&highlight=der=

A little proof that you covered this before but to dumb to rember.

Edited by wi50 - 01 Mar 2013 at 9:22am
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 10:57am
Ha ha. Busted again pankey.
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

<FONT style=": #000000">your engine was stalling rpms was lowering . thats when suck back occurs

No idiot, thats when a plug wire falls off. Wi makes more power on three cylinders than your tractor will on four.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 5:28am
http://crossroadsofdixie.com/06pullresults.aspx

He's only 50 feet behind in the stock classes with his hot rod. Better than being 100 feet behind in the outlaw class.

Edited by Rod B - 02 Mar 2013 at 5:54am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

http://crossroadsofdixie.com/06pullresults.aspx

He's only 50 feet behind in the stock classes with his hot rod. Better than being 100 feet behind in the outlaw class.
august 2006 rod we broke the 1.75 crank  at that pull still in the money with thrid place even with a broken crankshaft.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 8:28am
so wi why want you tell them why your moroso scavnege system blows oil when the one one my dragster never blew oil on the slicks you can put that in the post hidden with carburator formulas . Since your so good at answering and posting truthful info lol sarcasism .
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 8:55am
And I thought spankster couldn't get any dumber.

2011 results have nothing to do with broken cranks in 2006. In a class of 3 people 3rd isn't bad. 50 feet behind the winner is though.

I'm no mastermind but wi already explained why the evac pulled oil. It's not hidden in any sarcasm. The answer is plain as day in his post above. It was plumbed close to the timeing gears spraying oil at the hose.

Not being able to understand that is about as smart as argueing the same point and haveing it explained to you once. Only to spend a few days takeing random pot shots at the same thing again. Read the link dummy.

Edited by Rod B - 02 Mar 2013 at 8:59am
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 8:56am

so wi why want you tell them why your moroso scavnege system blows oil when the one one my dragster never blew oil on the slicks you can put that in the post hidden with carburator formulas . Since your so good at answering and posting truthful info lol sarcasism .

Can you read??   Seven posts above It was explained in full detail, you brain dead idiot.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 3:52pm

Your dragster never blew oil on the slicks for several reasons.

1, no one is dumb enough to blow the exhaust on the tires of a dragster.  It's just not commonly accepted practice and can lead to unforseen negative events.  Like useing rice and cane tires on a pulling tractor, or verry soft light connecting rods.

2.  Your dragsters scavenge system was hooked to the valve covers, because that's where the directions told you to hook it to.  There's plenty of room in that engine to return the oil to crankcase as well as pull some air from crankcase, unlike the 201 Allis block which I explained earlier.

3.  Because of the fireing order of a V8, the collector diameter is often verry large.  A large collector diameter slows the velocity of the exhaust down but it is necessary as the time between exhaust pulses is less.  An inline 4 cyl can benifit from a verry small exhaust collector diameter diameter, there's a full 180* of crankshaft rotation between exhaust pulses giveing the exhaust plenty of time to exit.  Thus a verry high velocity exhaust stream can pull more vacuume on a single hose than a V8 can pull on 2.... Though I don't expect you to be able to understand this concept.

4.  Your dragster as fictitious like your hot rod pulling tractor, it doesn't exist.  When it did it performed poorly. 

My shop windows are dirty if you wish to come and lick them, I'll be here the rest of the winter.   

Edited by wi50 - 03 Mar 2013 at 4:08pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 5:38pm
Dragster swept headers with moroso pumps run right over dragster tires. The reason they didnt blow oil onto tires is ring seal.

Edited by mlpankey - 03 Mar 2013 at 5:39pm
SuperM74 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperM74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 9:10pm
I think i have the same dragster Spanky has....... Is yours a Hot Wheels or Matchbox Spanky?
You can't make chicken salad, outta chicken sh*t! Proof's in the pudding!
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 8:11am
Nope but i do have your m farmall i drag it around with my wd before pulls to make sure everytbing is pull ready on thw wd.

Edited by mlpankey - 10 Mar 2013 at 8:12am
SuperM74 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperM74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 10:39am

Nope but i do have your m farmall i drag it around with my wd before pulls to make sure everytbing is pull ready on thw wd.

Sorry Spanky, i don't own a Farmall M. The only Farmall i own is a 1456... So you bring your WD up and try to drag it around. Then when you get your stupid butt back to Tennessee, you can get back on here and tell everybody how that worked out for you! LMAO! I am buliding a WC to pull with, and i have talked to WI50 about it several times. He seems very knowledgeable about engines, something i wouldn't dare say about you. All i have seen you do is talk, Marty posted a video of a very strong running WC and i will say it's quite impressive..... It by far out ranks your tape measure photo.
You can't make chicken salad, outta chicken sh*t! Proof's in the pudding!
patrickmull View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickmull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 10:57am
amen  superM74
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic