This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New addition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New addition
    Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 4:53pm
I was working down by Hutch this week so I brought this little guy home with me, always wanted a full steel B. Did all the steel wheel B's have different fenders and air cleaner or just the wartime models? It came with both rubber and steel, the steel is in great condition and one of thr rear tires is brand new and it runs like a top. I do need the hub cap shown in the last picture, if anyone has one let me know your price.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Sponsored Links

Tedin NE-OH View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedin NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 5:00pm
Nice addition. That is as basic as they come. The original owner maybe traded a horse in on it.
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 5:01pm
Very nice!
In Search Of: 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel serial #9643D
David Gibson (OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gibson (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 7:26pm
That's a neat looking B. Congrats.
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45
brettIA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 7:28pm
there is one in oran IA that has the rear fenders but is missing the front steel and it doesn't run dont know if he would sell but you could ask 3194401001 is his # steve is his name . you didnt hear this from me ( i'm his son )  p.s. i think he has a hub cap

Edited by brettIA - 03 Jun 2011 at 7:29pm
Auntwayne View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 7:44pm
Thats the first one that I have seen on steel, really nice !!
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 7:54pm
Nice thing about steel wheels, no rim rot!  Nice B!
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:21pm
Very nice, Lonnie. You'll have fun with that.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:28pm
That's way cool. The only ones I've seen with fender extensions were war time.
Ed in TX View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed in TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:29pm
Nice, what year is it? I need 2 of those little hubcaps if you run into some. I have those same centers on the rear but I've been told the steel centers were different. Mine is a 38
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:32pm
Hey Lon, looks great!!

Not an expert by any means here, but I think all the steel wheelers were war time. The options included Wide fenders, tall air cleaner, Extra thick rear cast iron hubs (4 petal), starter delete plate, battery delete cover, cast iron oil pan, cast iron valve cover, and cast iron final drive covers. I am not sure that every tractor (C or B model) had all these options, they may have made some without the cast iron parts depending on what was leftover at the plant-inventory. Maybe someone else knows. Wasn't there some guy a couple years ago that had a B adjustable wide front, on steel with all the bells and whistles from Maine? Somebody got a photo?
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:42pm
Heres a different picture of Forum member 1946WP model B, hope you don't mind.

Good picture showing the back with extra thick 4 petal rear hubs, and wide fenders. Also, tall air cleaner.

Edited by Don(MI) - 03 Jun 2011 at 8:42pm
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:57pm
Nice Lonnie, Is this gonna be a show piece?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 9:45pm
Ted, this one will stay as it is for now.

Ed, it's a 1940, B41134, the pic of Bruces tractor that Don posted shows the correct centers.

Don, I believe Bruces is a wartime model with all the differences where mine is just an early model with no electric, mine doesn't have a delete plate for the starter, you would have to change the torque tube to put a starter on it.

Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
se iowa picker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote se iowa picker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 10:47pm
Nice find there, and I like the sign in front of the building too nice touch.
acwdwcman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwdwcman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Roddo Roddo wrote:

Nice thing about steel wheels, no rim rot!  Nice B!

also you dont have to buy tires!
wd with a freeman model 90 trip loader, wd45, 38 unstylled wc, b 10 garden tractor and 2-14 ac trip plow. grandpa has a 56 wd45. wd. allis chalmers snap coupler blade and 3 bottom snap coupler plow
HagerAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HagerAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 8:16am
Mine is a 39 and it has the wide fenders, but it has the regular cast centers and a regular air cleaner.  People have told me they did not make early B's on steel, but I find it hard to believe because not all farmers were willing to switch to rubber.  I believe mine came from the factory with steel due to the fact that it has the wide fenders.  I have seen other 38's and 39's with wide fenders also.
30+ A-Cs ranging from a 1928 20-35, to a 1984 8070FWA, Gleaner R52
1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 10:57pm
gee lonnie i just can't keep ahead of you. thats a real nice B you found there . front steel & all. the one don posted of mine must of had the the front wheels & hubs changed if it had front steel. I do have a war time b also with the wide fenders rear steel w/ extensions, tall air cleaner , starter plug, tool box plug where btry box should go. I don't know about the cast oil pan or valve cover & it don't have the thick rear hubs like Don showed in the pic. it has front steel cut offs. Lonnie I missed you at Blackberry!!!
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 12:00am
At Blackberry you were pretty busy running the auction but I did talk to Mark and Tim for a little bit. Drove by your place on the way up and your new building looks really nice, you probably have it full already don't you.
Dave Everett View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Everett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 3:34am
I have a pair of those hub caps for a steel wheel B if there is any interest
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 7:12am
I sent you a PM Dave.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic