Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31707
Printed Date: 18 May 2024 at 5:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New addition
Posted By: MNLonnie
Subject: New addition
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 4:53pm
I was working down by Hutch this week so I brought this little guy home with me, always wanted a full steel B. Did all the steel wheel B's have different fenders and air cleaner or just the wartime models? It came with both rubber and steel, the steel is in great condition and one of thr rear tires is brand new and it runs like a top. I do need the hub cap shown in the last picture, if anyone has one let me know your price.

-------------
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker

Replies:
Posted By: Tedin NE-OH
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 5:00pm
Nice addition. That is as basic as they come. The original owner maybe traded a horse in on it.

Posted By: R.W
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 5:01pm
Very nice!

-------------
In Search Of: 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel serial #9643D

Posted By: David Gibson (OH)
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 7:26pm
That's a neat looking B. Congrats.

-------------
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45

Posted By: brettIA
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 7:28pm
there is one in oran IA that has the rear fenders but is missing the front steel and it doesn't run dont know if he would sell but you could ask 3194401001 is his # steve is his name . you didnt hear this from me ( i'm his son )  p.s. i think he has a hub cap

Posted By: Auntwayne
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 7:44pm
Thats the first one that I have seen on steel, really nice !!

Posted By: Roddo
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 7:54pm
Nice thing about steel wheels, no rim rot!  Nice B!

Posted By: GBACBFan
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:21pm
Very nice, Lonnie. You'll have fun with that.

-------------
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain

Posted By: Thad in AR.
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:28pm
That's way cool. The only ones I've seen with fender extensions were war time.

Posted By: Ed in TX
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:29pm
Nice, what year is it? I need 2 of those little hubcaps if you run into some. I have those same centers on the rear but I've been told the steel centers were different. Mine is a 38

Posted By: Don(MI)
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:32pm
Hey Lon, looks great!!

Not an expert by any means here, but I think all the steel wheelers were war time. The options included Wide fenders, tall air cleaner, Extra thick rear cast iron hubs (4 petal), starter delete plate, battery delete cover, cast iron oil pan, cast iron valve cover, and cast iron final drive covers. I am not sure that every tractor (C or B model) had all these options, they may have made some without the cast iron parts depending on what was leftover at the plant-inventory. Maybe someone else knows. Wasn't there some guy a couple years ago that had a B adjustable wide front, on steel with all the bells and whistles from Maine? Somebody got a photo?

Posted By: Don(MI)
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:42pm
Heres a different picture of Forum member 1946WP model B, hope you don't mind.

Good picture showing the back with extra thick 4 petal rear hubs, and wide fenders. Also, tall air cleaner.

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:57pm
Nice Lonnie, Is this gonna be a show piece?

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 9:45pm
Ted, this one will stay as it is for now.

Ed, it's a 1940, B41134, the pic of Bruces tractor that Don posted shows the correct centers.

Don, I believe Bruces is a wartime model with all the differences where mine is just an early model with no electric, mine doesn't have a delete plate for the starter, you would have to change the torque tube to put a starter on it.

-------------
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker

Posted By: se iowa picker
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 10:47pm
Nice find there, and I like the sign in front of the building too nice touch.

Posted By: acwdwcman
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Roddo Roddo wrote:

Nice thing about steel wheels, no rim rot!  Nice B!

also you dont have to buy tires!

-------------
wd with a freeman model 90 trip loader, wd45, 38 unstylled wc, b 10 garden tractor and 2-14 ac trip plow. grandpa has a 56 wd45. wd. allis chalmers snap coupler blade and 3 bottom snap coupler plow

Posted By: HagerAC
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 8:16am
Mine is a 39 and it has the wide fenders, but it has the regular cast centers and a regular air cleaner.  People have told me they did not make early B's on steel, but I find it hard to believe because not all farmers were willing to switch to rubber.  I believe mine came from the factory with steel due to the fact that it has the wide fenders.  I have seen other 38's and 39's with wide fenders also.

-------------
30+ A-Cs ranging from a 1928 20-35, to a 1984 8070FWA, Gleaner R52

Posted By: 1946WP
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 10:57pm
gee lonnie i just can't keep ahead of you. thats a real nice B you found there . front steel & all. the one don posted of mine must of had the the front wheels & hubs changed if it had front steel. I do have a war time b also with the wide fenders rear steel w/ extensions, tall air cleaner , starter plug, tool box plug where btry box should go. I don't know about the cast oil pan or valve cover & it don't have the thick rear hubs like Don showed in the pic. it has front steel cut offs. Lonnie I missed you at Blackberry!!!

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 12:00am
At Blackberry you were pretty busy running the auction but I did talk to Mark and Tim for a little bit. Drove by your place on the way up and your new building looks really nice, you probably have it full already don't you.

-------------

Posted By: Dave Everett
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 3:34am
I have a pair of those hub caps for a steel wheel B if there is any interest

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 7:12am
I sent you a PM Dave.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net