This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Agco Allis 9435 PTO Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjfleenor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Agco Allis 9435 PTO Help!
    Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 5:55pm

I have a 1995 Agco Allis 9435 that is new to me.  I needed to remove the 540 PTO shaft today, and wanted to put the 1000 rpm shaft in.  The 540 came out with quite a bit of difficulty, but I couldn't get it back into the tractor either.  A come-a-long later, the 540 shaft popped out.  After trying everything, I can now only get the 540 or the 1000 shaft back in up to approximately 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch.  The end of the large area of the shaft is literally 1/4 of an inch away from sliding in and allowing me to place the retaining clip back in place.  I've talked the local dealers...several times, and short of them looking at it they are clueless.  I think the issue could be the roller bearings in the front end of the housing, but I'm not sure.  Any suggestions?  I worked on it for 7 hours today...and still no success.  I'm open for thoughts/stories on how to fix this...or a cost for the dealer to fix it if it is that bad.  *Note* I have the splines lined up, etc, as the obvious thoughts would suggest...am I missing a trick here?

Thanks

C.J. Fleenor

Southern Indiana Allis User

Sponsored Links

Russ SCPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russ SCPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:08pm
Not sure but does it have the Oliver/White "tail feathers"? If so there is a set screw on side of pto housing that needs to be loosened to exchange shafts.  It has been a long time since I played with the tail end of a White so memory could well be wrong.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:32pm
9435/9455's  are a Massey rearend.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic