This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All Crop 60A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 18 minutes ago at 11:07am
Originally posted by 55allis 55allis wrote:

I found another one down in a neighbors creek that possibly could have some parts salvageable… It’s upside down and beat up pretty bad I’d say….

That looks like the original 1936/37 model combine, called the All-Crop Harvester (no model number). Sad condition, but uncommon nonetheless. There would be some parts interchange with a 60A, but not many. 

Edited by CrestonM - 4 hours 18 minutes ago at 11:07am
Sponsored Links

CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 15 minutes ago at 11:10am
Originally posted by 55allis 55allis wrote:

I know it’s missing at least a 4 belts so I’m going to need to cross them.
I use this website http://www.vbeltguys.com/  They cross reference Allis part numbers, and they're cheap. I've been running their belts on one of my 60A's for 8 years with no issues. 
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 8 minutes ago at 11:17am
Originally posted by Darwin W. Kurtz Darwin W. Kurtz wrote:

That would be a 60 A series machine, since serial number starts with A, I guess the A's were somewhat updated, don't reall know the difference in the actual machines, but they are different and I don't think there were nearly many 60A's built
Not many differences that I know of. The grain bin has slightly more capacity due to it having a V shape in the bottom of the bin to accommodate an auger to convey grain to the unloading auger. Previous 60s just had a sloped bin floor to funnel grain into the unloading auger. 60As also have a lever actuated jaw type clutch to engage the unloading auger, where the 60s had a knob that must be turned to engage a dry disc clutch, and they notoriously slip when worn.  A 60A brochure says they improved the cylinder/header drive gearbox on the 60A, but I don't know what that entails.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic