This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rebuild of my Allis barge box more pic 9-19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 6:54am
Looks great Kenny.  Let me know if Mike is coming up and I'll make a trip over to see it too.
I assume you had the original decals made up somewhere?  It's gonna look SAWEET!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 9:08am
Folks, should be all done except the floor still haven't decide what I want to do with it next weekend if things go a cording to plans.
 Ted my go to guy for parts came though for me on the decals for it. 
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 9:37am
Kenny, do you intend to use it or strictly show piece?
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 10:43am
I wanna se it with the decals!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 10:47am
Sure looks nice; too nice to use. I have that problem when I clean up and / or paint something, I don't want to use it and get it dirty. Keep up the good work.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by coggonobrien coggonobrien wrote:

Kenny, do you intend to use it or strictly show piece?

David, probably just a show piece, may take it up to Jim Jr. and let him pick one load of corn with it.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 8:25pm
Getting closer to being done.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 6:05am
You're going to need some side-boards Kenny. It will look really good full of ear corn.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 6:00pm
She all done now except for the floor I'm still debating what to do with it. Thanks to Ryan Franzen for the great job of painting her.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 6:35pm
looks really good Kenny 
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 8:19pm
Yes looks great. When I saw the other pic I thought it was just the front board but I see it is the whole floor you have to deal with. That’s a tough one. Maybe just stain and varnish to brighten it up a bit. 
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 9:29pm
Looks great!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 11:42pm
Kenny, that looks GREAT!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 6:32am
Wow, that looks nice
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 8:47am
Linseed Oil.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 7:44pm
I finally decide to replace the old floor boards with new and stain them. here are some more pictures.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 8:37am
Very nice Kenny. Wish you were about two hours closer, I'd come 'help'.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 5:49pm
Kenny that floor is awesome. Love that you decided for a stained wood finish over a painted wood finish. You got a cool foot step above its hitch too. Thanks for sharing photos.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic