This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Ford Broke ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 7:43am
'sheeple' can get conned into ANYTHING....
try buying a 4 door station wagon...THAT used to be THE family car for hauling kids,groceries, camping etc..... over the years 'they' very cleverly have 'transfomed' the usefulness of a $2000 CAR into a HUGE friggin 4 door ,4WD, tall $80,000 pickup !
As for Mustangs, I've had 3 ( two ragtops, one FB) and still have mom's hardtop. I drove all yearround, never had a problem in 4-6" of snow either.
I can't easily get into any car today(funny how 2 missing discs do that), lett alone get OUT of them, so my choices are limited to trucks. Kinda nice having a full frame underneath too ! What I don't understand is the 'skyhigh' sides and bed of today's pickups ! I'm not the only one here who has noticed you need a LADDER to get into the bed. That HAS to be 'marketing' or someone , sure ain't a farmer or any tradesman wanting a high bed ! Has to be 'fun' getting an ATV in/out.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 7:44am
2010 Mercury Milan here, almost 186,000 miles. 32 mpg. It gets ~12,000 miles per year just going to work and back, then a few extra trips here and there. Might encounter 3 days in a year when I can't make it down the side road for work and hop in the truck. It will be driven until the wheels fall off, then will hopefully find another CAR!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 7:46am
Why in the hell would I want an ugly-ass 4 door station wagon?!!! Hahahaha....times and styles and tastes have changed. Sheeple ain't got nothing to do with it!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 7:51am
Vistacruisers looked pretty nice... AND would tow a MonteCarloSS behind no problem...

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 9:38am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Vistacruisers looked pretty nice... AND would tow a MonteCarloSS behind no problem...

My daughter is driving a Chey Tahoe other than the nose is the same shape as the pickup of the same year, Wink the steering wheel back the interior is same a station wagon of the old days. Yep hauls 9 just like a Vistacruieser. Grandma calls it the bus.

But I can agree about pickup trucks have become a sheeple favorite. But ranch families and work cures were the big users of the first 4 door trucks.Wink So many city slickers dreaming of being a cowboy LOL they all needed a truck and a hat.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 10:35am
It's just marketing....that's what marketers do. When something works, they do more of it.

How long ago were station wagons available? 90's I'd say??? Taurus/Sable made them and Caprice are the last ones I can picture, for American companies anyway. Why did they quit? Weren't selling. Why are they discontinuing most cars? Aren't selling as much as Crossovers, SUV's, and trucks. You say sheeple, most just say popularity. It's all in the underlying tone.

Edited by Tbone95 - 02 Nov 2020 at 10:35am
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 12:57pm
well a lot of us are getting OLDER and dont BEND as good as we use to... Mom had a station wagon 60 years ago.. We hauled EVERYTHING with that.. Today i need a TRUCK to be able to bend and get in and set comfortable.. Boy has a Taurus and if i get in it, it takes quite a while to get back out.. And while in it, i feel like im in a recliner....

Lots of people that had wagons or mini vans moved on to 4 door trucks. FORD and GM responded by making them  look and FEEL like a luxury car inside.. Thats what a lot of people want.... I use mine as a TRUCK a couple times a week... Just this am, got 6 sheet plywood and 20 - 2 x 4s......  4 x 4 is nice for going up the hills / trails at the farm/ woods .
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

well a lot of us are getting OLDER and dont BEND as good as we use to... Mom had a station wagon 60 years ago.. We hauled EVERYTHING with that.. Today i need a TRUCK to be able to bend and get in and set comfortable.. Boy has a Taurus and if i get in it, it takes quite a while to get back out.. And while in it, i feel like im in a recliner....

Lots of people that had wagons or mini vans moved on to 4 door trucks. FORD and GM responded by making them  look and FEEL like a luxury car inside.. Thats what a lot of people want.... I use mine as a TRUCK a couple times a week... Just this am, got 6 sheet plywood and 20 - 2 x 4s......  4 x 4 is nice for going up the hills / trails at the farm/ woods .

I get the not bending.....not looking forward to that, am already halfway there. Mom and dad have a real predicament. They have a 3/4 ton GMC 4x4 and a Bonneville. Mom 84, dad 83. The Bonneville is like getting out of a canoe, with a roof over your head, especially the rear seat. Mom can't get up in the truck, Dad can't get out of the Bonneville!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 3:17pm
re: Just this am, got 6 sheet plywood and 20 - 2 x 4s.
Bet you went to the bank FIRST !!!

wife has  a Qashqui ( baby Nissan Rogue ) PITA to get in ,drive and get out. oh yeah ,radio comes on BLARING when you start the car....

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 3:34pm
The Bonneville is like getting out of a canoe, with a roof over your head, especially the rear seat. Mom can't get up in the truck, Dad can't get out of the Bonneville!

Thumbs Up   Thumbs Up  Been there, Done that !!.... I got the wife a FORD FLEX.. High roof, easy to get in, only sets 8 inches off the ground... 4 doors, and all are as big as a barn... gets 22 MPG !.. We had a Ford EDGE which was 2 rows of seats, CROSSOVER so its like an SUV only lower.... The new FLEX has a 3rd row... I doubt i could get in it, but the grand kids love it !..... when by myself, i drive the F150.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 4:42pm

The Bonneville is like getting out of a canoe, with a roof over your head, especially the rear seat. Mom can't get up in the truck, Dad can't get out of the Bonneville!

Thumbs Up   Thumbs Up  Been there, Done that !!.... I got the wife a FORD FLEX.. High roof, easy to get in, only sets 8 inches off the ground... 4 doors, and all are as big as a barn... gets 22 MPG !.. We had a Ford EDGE which was 2 rows of seats, CROSSOVER so its like an SUV only lower.... The new FLEX has a 3rd row... I doubt i could get in it, but the grand kids love it !..... when by myself, i drive the F150.
Confused Confused, Just how many steps on your ladder to get into your  truck ?? Perhaps you have running boards/nerf bars ?? The factory height of the new trucks is out-of-control IMO Wink!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 5:38pm
Almost EVERY truck has running boards... Only i have seen without are the base line work trucks or contractor trucks.... Running boards serve a good purpose in keeping crap from the tires off the doors and fenders... And make it EASY to get into the truck.

previous photo

Edited by steve(ill) - 02 Nov 2020 at 5:40pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 5:42pm
They also make GREAT snow/slush/road salt catchers !!
Yes, THAT'S the primer color that warranted my original topicWink

Edited by FREEDGUY - 02 Nov 2020 at 5:44pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 5:47pm
well SOME people wash their truck every couple months !
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 5:53pm
I'll give you my keys this winter when the high is 15 for 2 months straight LOLLOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm
we actually have DRIVE THRU car washes in Illinois... Hot water and radiant heat.. Even has PRESSURE !!   BIG city 5000 people... must be too Civilized !

I would not own a truck without running boards.. Keeps all that CRAP off the doors and fenders.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 10:15pm
when i had my vending company, i used station wagons alot, better mileage than box trucks, and mostly could keep chocolate from melting in the summer with ac in the wagons. would put about 100,000 miles on a year. when working in the big city, seeing all the stupid drivers, i chose my big boy pickup, if them people driving them rice grinders wanted to run into me, they'd go under me! my first vehicle outta high school was a pickup, it was also used on the farm, and when we got hitched she wanted a pickup for her daily driving. been a big vehicle family ever since. trucks and burbs and station wagons. (i didn't count the hearses i've had too) ---just big station wagons! lol
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 7:50am

Almost EVERY truck has running boards... Only i have seen without are the base line work trucks or contractor trucks.... Running boards serve a good purpose in keeping crap from the tires off the doors and fenders... And make it EASY to get into the truck.

previous photo

Steve, put 3 amber lights on the grill and you'd really have something!!!!!!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 8:01am
You do that and he will stretch this topic out for 6 more pages !!

Laughing Smiley Emoji GIF - LaughingSmiley Emoji RollingOnTheFloorLaughing GIFs
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 8:44am
The colors are dull, lifeless, depressing because that's what it seems like what the majority of Americans (if you believe the polls, the "peaceful" protesters/rioters/looters/anarchists are the majority) WANT in their pitiful lives?
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 9:29am
Neighbor next to me works at a plant that makes parts for Ford vehicles.  Since Trump......has been working 60 to 80 hour weeks.....so that is going on 3 years. Only break was covid mandated plant shutdown. He has built a shed and is filling it with toys trying to spend all the money.

Would love to see basic vehicles again. I'm still driving my 2006 Toyota Tundra.....now has close to 200,000 miles.......has yet to be in the shop the first time for an unscheduled maintenance repair. As reliable as reliable gets. I doubt the same vehicle is still made by anyone. When this finally gives out......if it does......that is what I would want for a replacement. Do not want expensive gimmicks, bells and whistles.

If none of the existing automakers will make plain jane, perhaps a new startup could?

And the same with Tractors......a new tractor based on 1960's technology would suit me fine. We don't need no stinkn computers!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:22am
I believe you modirt more bells and whistles more troubles. But once you experience luxury hard to do without. I miss the drivers seat have power adjustment the wife's last car had this one doesn't. Helps my back to move the seat every once in a while, but not safe to do with the manual while moving.

Back to the color thing. WinkRed cars get more speeding tickets than any other color.LOL Or at least the insurance companies use to have stats that said that. Since radar is color blind maybe that is not true anymore.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 9:12pm
wait til someone tries to put puters on cows! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic