This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD/WD-45 Drawbar Hanger Repair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD/WD-45 Drawbar Hanger Repair
    Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 10:01am
What are folks doing to fix worn out wear shoes on the WD/WD-45 drawbar hangers? Just clean it up and weld a similar thickness plate in there with holes drilled? I searched and couldn't find much, other than you can buy complete new drawbar hangers for about $200.

From the AC parts book it looks like they used to sell you 2 new 90 degree wear shoes that you then welded together to form the box that goes around the round part of the hanger.

This one is worn out top and bottom.

1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 6:18am
Been awhile since I worked on one of these. That one looks like a good candidate for replacement! Good used ones are not real common however. I would think you could make new pieces out of angle iron.
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 11:53pm
Angle iron is a great idea. I'll have to measure it and see if it's close to a stock size. If not I'm sure I can trim a little off of the walls if needed. With the welds and the worn shoes, I'd replace the drawbar for $200 if I weren't so dang frugal!
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 9:05am
cut and weld!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 9:16am
wjohn, somewhere, I have a drawbar-bail I was in the process of doing this to. Don't remember if it was for some puller-drawbar or maybe something for a sub-soiler? Could have just been a brain-fart. Will look around the farm this weekend and see if I can find it. Of course, with my memory, odn't hold your breathe.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic