This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I-400

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michel.forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I-400
    Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 6:52pm
I just buy  a I-400 with a 500 series loader. it's a shuttle shift without 3 point hitch or PTO. But the serial number is...2244
As per Terry Dean, Allis-Chalmers farm tractors and crawlers Data Book the ending serial number is supposed to be  sn 1750. Any one have an idea
Sponsored Links

Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 7:26pm
I'm not sure that a 500 loader will work on an I-400.  I-40 and I-400 are industrial D-10 series III's.  Is the shuttle a big stick on the left side?  I-400 has a mechanical reverser which is a short lever but you have to use the clutch. I suspect that you may have an I-600 with the wrong decal.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 7:45pm
Could also have a swapped in torque tube, with a farm part, and serial#...

Any orange paint, under the yellow, on the torque tube?
michel.forest View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michel.forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 8:11pm
Hy Calvin. 
I know the basic
 differences between a I 400 and a I 600. I have both. 
My tractor is  a I400 with a factory series 500 loader like one for D-14 or 15, with front pumps inside the front frame and hydraulic control on left side, and oil reservoir in left mounting frame.  If this loader was fitted by somebody, he do a factory looking job. The tractor is  a mecanical Shuttle shift and it is an Industrial with fixed front axle and completed serial number is    I 400  2244
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 8:30pm
Is this # a serial # for the loader, or the tractor?
michel.forest View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michel.forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 9:19pm
It's  tractor serial number. Was paint in cheap red but under the red it's industrial yellow. Tomorrow I try to have a serial number picture to post
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 6:41am
You threw me off a little when you called the reverser a shuttle. I was sure you knew the difference.  I can't explain the serial #.   Swinford's book says the last one in 1750.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic