This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Norm [IND] your a real class act!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archangel_cpj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 7:20pm
I would not recommend doing business on a forum its kinda like internet dating who knows what you are getting and who you can trust everyone is nice and the pics look good on line and then you meet the girl or seller and holy crap that aint what i bought.  I always said do business on a local basis as there is someone to go back on and unfortunately you are much better at this day and age of assuming you are going to get screwed and try to anticipate it...  The ones that burn you are the ones you least expect.  I bought a large AC tractor from a forum member supposed to be totally redone from front to back with a rebuild motor and everything gone through.  I had it here 3 months used it the 1st time to pull a plow that was two bottums under what it could pull and dumped the tranny called up and Im told send it back to me well that was 4 states away and 1000 to have it trucked round trip.  Sent it to AGCO dealer and the tranny had to be rebuilt was a known problem that everyone who ever worked on ACs  knew a new bolt kit was available...  I brought this to the sellers attention and get well Ill pay for half the other half is your problem...  While the AGCO folks are there they look through it and  the air filter in the cab was caked in dirt!!!!! and cob webs I used this less that 12 hours in a wetter dust free field!!!!!!  Mechanics like the filter still says AC on it and it was probably 15 years old!!!!!!  I changed the fuel filter and behind the filter is the caked dirt and other gunk years of use get some total rebuild...  but my fault was doing a hand shake deal and not being close enough to supervise...  Lesson learned and only cost me 11 K for the tractor and to date 5K more for all the repairs of the supposedly rebuilt parts!!!!!!!  YOU DO BUSINESS FROM A DISTANCE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!  IT IS NOT RIGHT BUT A FACT!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

archangel_cpj View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archangel_cpj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 7:22pm
Also I agree the whole thread is a real I opener!!!!!!!  TODD in NY HOW DARE YOU EXPECT FAIRNESS IN A DEAL!!!!!!!!  This aint the 50s right  LOL!!!!!!!!
norm [ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm [ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 7:34pm
  I POOSTED AN 800 PHONE#  MY PHONE RANG AN I ANSWERED IT  DID NOT ASKED WHO IT WAS  HE TOLD  ME HAD A G  DID NOT ASK NAME  ASKED HOW IT WAS EQUIPPED  HE WANTED TO KNOW WHAT IT WAS WORTH  TOLD HIM I DO NOT PRICE OTHER PEOPLES EQUIPMENT  YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT IWIL TELL YOU YES OR NO  THAT WAS THE CONVERSATION  NOW BAC K TO ME I HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS GOING ON 43 YRS.  YOU HAVE MY  800 PHONE #  YOU CALL ME THEN WE CAN TALK  ON MY NICKLE  WILL BE WAITING ON ANY CALLS BUT MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN  WE HAVE BEEN DOING VENDOR BUSINESS SINCE BEFORE THE FORUM WAS STARTED
  HAVE ALSO E-MAILED DARRIN FOR ADVERTISING AN DID  NOT GET ANY RETURNS
  IF HE WANTS MY ADVERTISING  I GUESS HE CAN CALL ME ALSO  WILL GADLY TALK TO HIM    AS FOR THE BATTERY BOXES  HAD A FELLA ONE TIME TRY TO BUY ONE FOR $50.00   WHILE HE WAS ARGUING ANOTHER FELLA WALKED UP  SAID HE WANTED ONE  SO I GAVE IT TO HIM FOR $55.00 HICH WAS THE PRICE THEN IN THE 90'S  THE FELLA GOT MAD BECAUSE I SOLD IT HIM  THEN HE WANTED TO GIVE THE $55.00
  SO I ILL BE WAITING FOR A CALL  WE WAS SELLING BEFORE THE COMPUTER
   ALSO DO NOT HAVE PUTER AT SHOP EITHER   WAITING

Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 7:45pm
Norm's been good to me.  One call and my parts arrive in a day or two. 
That's all I got.   
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 1:33pm
I think its time to put this one to sleep. Mike the seller and Norm have spoken.
I would say that Todd's gripe should be with Mike the seller. Mike called Norm offered the G for sale and put a price on it. Norm accepted the price and a deal was made. Like the saying goes "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" Lessons learned and time to move on.
NickT(Ky) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickT(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 3:42pm
Right on Calvin. I too have dealt with Norm on several occasions and my parts new and used were exactly as desribed and will buy from him again.
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 5:10pm
I think the whole thing would be easier to stomach if it wasn't for the fact that it was Todd's post to begin with, he was the one that posted that he was looking for a G. Maybe Norm should have started his own post if he was looking for one?? Either way it's too late now.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Matt (NEIA) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (NEIA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 5:49pm
I have to agree with Ron(WA) and some of the others.  If i need something at an auction and my family and farm is relying on that peice of machinery and my neighbor also wants it, too bad, let the bidding begin.  I hope he has as much respect for me as i do him, but i can't let him buy it just because i'm scared to bid against him.  Some one should call a Wambulance here.
On-the_road_again View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On-the_road_again Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 6:18pm
This entire Thread should be DELETED

People will say what they want about a person
To those folks who mean something to you - the words mean nothing
To those folks who mean nothing to you - the words mean something

Are guys on here a bunch of 'gossip girls'?

EVERYBODY BACK TO WORK .......   
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 7:18pm
OTRA , my thought Xactly , lets see the moderator  "poof" this one , and soon !  And to add this I will edit my post, if your looking for something , ask for a PM, from anyone who may have what your seeking, thats one reason we have that feature. To the seller, if you offer photos, provide them in a timely manner and remember who your customer is, and to the cherry pickers..... Start your own search !

Edited by Gary in da UP - 23 Feb 2010 at 7:32pm
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 7:28pm

Yeah!

Edited by Eldon (WA) - 23 Feb 2010 at 7:29pm
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 10:21pm

Delete this post?  I doubt any other post in history has had as many view count hits as this one.

TerryMN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 12:59pm
NORM IN wins for the most views to one post!!!!!!!  I have tried with on topic allis stuff, Cool pictures. Rare tractors. But call one guy an a__hole on the internet and people that probaly haven't been on the site for years are here to look at it.

Norm sells alot around here and also is a great sorce for some rare parts. He also has some stuff made that is no longer avalible. Maybe the deal could have went different. But like I always say (IF YOU DON"T GET THIS ONE THE NEXT ONE WILL BE BETTER).

Choose your battles.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic