This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alleyyooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XT
    Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 8:09am
What does the XT stand for on the 190XT?

Al
Sponsored Links

JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 8:13am
XT was the turbo charged version. AC initially were going to call it XP for "Extra Power" but thought XT sounded better.
An open eye is much more observant than an open mouth
grinder220 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grinder220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 8:13am
Not a damn thing
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 8:22am
xtra testicles?
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 9:15am
good one!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by SHAMELESS SHAMELESS wrote:

xtra testicles?

You could be on to something there SHAMELESS. Cause the XT's gots some balls. Darrel
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 8:17pm
mine is a one ninety eXTreme
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 10:33pm
Norm stated it doesn't 'stand for anything' . I talked with Ray Doggett who was the marketing mgr for the line back in '76 and his group was faced with the competition of Deere and IH at a 90+ Pto hp. Engine group stated "We can give you the HP" Tractor group stated "we will give you the tranny in broken pieces in a basket" Ray had a decision to make - he went with the HP -then AC went through 3 different trannys to a final fix in the somewhat new 7000. One cannot convince me that during the round table some one didn't suggest XT without them thinking a 190 with an 'extra turbo'.    Wanna know why the xt was selected over the 195 ? The cost of the decal & set up . Today it is a key stroke - it was a big deal with a big cost to set up a decal in litho dept back then. They were in a cost crunch to begin with a little XT was cheap.
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Redwood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 5:04am
that kinda makes it sounds like "extra transmissions"
Mike Plotner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Plotner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 8:11am
Originally posted by SHAMELESS SHAMELESS wrote:

xtra testicles?

I think you have hit the nail on the head. certainly describes my XT
2001 Gleaner R42, 1978 7060, 1977 7000, 1966 190 XT, 1966 D-17 Series IV and 1952 WD and more keep my farm running!
Dutchboy Johan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:34am
Xciting Tractor  WinkClap
---> Better by Design <---

Johan Straver, Almkerk/ Netherlands

Allis-Chalmers 190XT Ser.III #26829XTD
wayneIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayneIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 3:31am
I was under the understanding that the XT stood for eXtra Torque, whether that is correct or not I don't know for sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic