This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting Day
    Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 8:33pm
Expensive Too.
     I fired up my beat up Massy (AGCO IZEKI) Ferguson 1260 to do a little tilling job and noticed after a round or two the temp was up and fluctuating. Time to cool it down and blow the dust out of the radiator. I need to do this several times a year. I pulled the hood sides off and ran some cool water over the radiator with the engine running and the temp went down. I slowly removed the radiator cap and added a little water and shut it down. Drug out the air hose and blow down tip and proceded to blow out the radiator and noticed the fan belt was freyed and then noticed the fan was loose. Whoa is me.
    Could it be the water pump is shot?  I took the hood off and drained the diluted antifreeze and pulled the radiator and got to the water pump which was shot.
    I called my nearest ( 50 miles away) MF dealer about a new or used or rebuilt pump. They needed the SN because there are 2 pumps. Mine happened to be the cheap one at $260 and they had it in stock.  NEW only. What is a body to do? I have paid with a CC and had them ship the wrong part so I take my old pump and jump in the truck. It's only noon by now. I tried to locate a fan belt on the way up there with no luck. TSC had L3 narrow belts but they were all too short or too long. 
     Anyway. The parts gal sets this BIG box on the counter and we open it. What I brought to match was half the size of what was in the box and mine still had the pully on it. They sell the water pump bolted up to what amounts to the whole aluminum front casting of the engine less gaskets and O rings and thermostat. They are extra.
    I say, I only need the small front piece with the moving parts thats broken. Can't you sell me just the pump part? They look it up and say yes we can, but we have to order it special. It is cheaper. $253. I ask. How much is the themostat housing? $85
    What a deal? You get a $85 fancy new cast aluminum part that you don't need for $7. LOL
    How much is a MF 1260 fan belt. $34. Not in stock. One too long at TSC was $8.
    Any-who. I got the whole shebang with a water pump only gasket in case I mess up the new one thats between the pieces I am taking apart. And. I did find a matching fan belt for less than $9 at a auto parts store before I got home. Tomorrow is get it back together and hope I sell lots of peas and corn and okra this summer to pay for AGCO tractor parts.
    On the plus side. I got a deal on a matching set of used 12-4  24 Goodyears out back of the dealership in the tractor salvage yard. Real nice live rubber with perfect beads and about 5% of the tread remaining. Should make good puller tires for my CA on stock AC spinout rims.  Do rear tires ever get to worn to make good pulling tires? I need a excuse to go back and look around summore in the salvage yard. Mostly MH MF and Kubota stuff. I spotted 1 brand new Firestone Field and Road 11- 2 24 on a new Kubota wheel. It looked perfect. Didn't ask. How Much?
     Oh I almost forgot. I got their shop foreman to press the pully off my old pump. NC. I thought that was nice of them.
Sponsored Links

DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 8:54pm
Sounds like one of my days. Here lately, I can not get even the simplest job done around the house without three trips to town and more money spent than I planned for the whole month. I'm hoping there's going to be an onset of good luck soon to offset all this bad stuff. LOL!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic