This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

b112 attaching front wheel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagmon0520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: b112 attaching front wheel
    Posted: 10 May 2014 at 7:27am
Hi everyone I am new to the forum. So please excuse my inexperience with terminology. My issue is that after greasing the front end my front wheel has come of the axle. I looked at an old diagram I have of the front end but still don'tunderstand how the wheel stays on the axle. Any assistance in explaining how the whe on would would greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance
joe
e.
Sponsored Links

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 8:21am
According to my parts book there should be a washer on the outside of the outer bearing and then a collar and set screw.  The Simplicity number for it is 703150.  Runs around $5 from some on line places.  Might be able to take the other side off and get some measurements for it.
AaronSEIA
jagmon0520 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagmon0520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 8:41am
Do you know where i could order all of the needed parts along with a repair manual
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 9:32am
Sandy Lake Imp is a great supporter of this site and a couple of other Simplicity/AC mower sites. 888-252-0656.  You can find repair manuals on CD on eBay.  I have one but it is rather vague at best for a lot of things.  There is the assumption that the person doing the work is mechanically inclined.  They might know of a hard copy of a Simplicity service manual as well.  I have a PDF of one I could send you that covers far more than just the B112.  I have found for basic stuff, it's ust as easy to ask on this page or the Simple Tractors site.
AaronSEIA
littlemarv View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 2:33pm
The bearings are the same as on a small trailer, I've gotten them from Napa.

I found my local hardware store actually carries quite an assortment of the collars with setscrews- 3/4" is whats on the steer axle I believe. Might find washers or machine spacers as well, that would work.

The mechanic always wins.

B91131, WC23065, WD89101, CA29479, B1, Early B10, HB212, 416H
Don Jr NY View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Jr NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 5:20am
Jagmon0520 where are you located in NY? If your front wheel has the dust cap still on it then take that off and the outer bearing and locking collar should still be in your rim. Don Jr.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic