This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fast Food Choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fast Food Choice
    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:34pm
There's a topic on another forum that is getting pretty "churchy", the restaurant in that topic is Chic-Filet. My question is, of all of the "major" drive through places, what would be the first pick ? I personally think DQ has a pretty good product .
Sponsored Links

TDF View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:40pm
Runza......but I'm from Nebraska.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:45pm
What type of food do they have ? 
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:51pm
The chicken sandwich that ruffled feathers across the country brought to you by Popeyes is my go to unless the line is winding through the neighbor's fast food lot. If time is not a concern I enjoy Waffle House, the whole sticky atmosphere where you know everybody by the time you leave and you can watch them cook for you. The wife and daughter just dont understand, they joined me once and said it wasnt for them so now I know where to go when I dont want to be found
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:57pm
Probably Chic Filet, there food is darn good for fast food.  I just tried one of Wendys new chicken sammys yesterday and it was good.  I really like Culvers chili.  Good for quick, cold weather food.

We get all the fast food coupon sheets in the mail and I keep them on the front seat of the truck.  Just gotta stop and decide what I want that day.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 7:20pm
Chic-Fil-A is tops in my book. Some of the Dairy Queens are good, some I avoid. It seems to depend on who the franchisee is. Same thing with Popeyes. I love their chicken but won't put up with the crappy service at the local ones. I have not eaten at Wendy's; Burger King or Mickey D's in over 20 years. I prefer a mom & pop restaurant for good food and service. Got a place called Blazers in the next town over that has some tremendous wings, I love the Raging Cajun flavor (they will burn you twice LOL).
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 8:08pm
Chic-fil-A is good, wife loves the Mac & Cheese, DQ’s some good some not, but all are slow slow slow.
Whataburger is overrated.
Burger King or Wendy’s for the burgers.
If I do stop at McDonalds, never ever purchase anything with beef.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 8:16pm
We have a local  burger joint called Bronco's Have the best French fry's of all the drive ins
They take fresh potato's cut them and store in cold water till they are fried a golden light brown. the fry is still soft. They have a great pork tender loin, occasionally the loin is twice the size of the bun.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 8:45pm
my votes: 1st. Runza, 2nd. Popeyes, 3rd. Broncos (in Omaha). with this covid stuff going, i haven't been to any of them in almost a year. 
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 8:54pm
Steak ‘n Shake then Sonic.
If I want the best Chicken I go to the Seligman Truckstop.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:33pm
Culver's
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:12pm
Another I like but it's not really fast food is Fuddruckers.  They used to be lots better but they are still a superior burger.  And you can put on what toppings you want and how much you want.  Heck, you could make a side salad if you wanted to.

When they first started out you could watch them cut and grind the meat, and make and bake the buns.  They also made some goodies and had hand dipped ice cream.  Sadly, none of that anymore!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 6:28am
Wow! Culver's is still around!?! That was a great Milwaukee treat. That and real chili !
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 6:52am
We have a local Restaurant named Burgers Unlocked that have the best burgers around!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 7:10am
Originally posted by dr p dr p wrote:

Wow! Culver's is still around!?! That was a great Milwaukee treat. That and real chili !

Culver's is really GROWING around here. And pretty good stuff!
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 7:27am
For us, it’s Chic-fil-A, good food, great service, nothing in their service or quality has changed with all the 19 changes, almost all the others have let food quality go out the door
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 8:19am
Would like to try Chic-Fil-A, and Popeyes. There aren't any very close to here unfortunately. Have to think to stop at one while on the way somewhere (and don't go anywhere very often!) The town I work in for fast food, has McD's and Burger King. Couldn't support a Timmy Ho! I guess Subway, but you can't eat that and drive.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 9:23am
i have in the last few years REFUSED to patronize Name Brand Chain based food shops.  Will hunt around for Mom and Pop diners, Small SINGLE family or group operations.  Enjoy Hermann Deli for quick Bites Tastier and CHEAPER than McyDs, frequent the 'Corner' in Rhineland MO as has the ABSOLUTE Best Fried Chicken since my Great Aunt Passed I have had.  For sit down better grade dinners go to White Mule Winery Rosebud MO or to Stone Hill's Vintage House restaurant here, in STL when or if we go and when COVID is not afflicting the general populace go down on the Italian Hill area for some Refined Italian Flavor, best around AFAIC.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 9:28am
The town I work in for fast food, has McD's and Burger King. Couldn't support a Timmy Ho! I guess Subway, but you can't eat that and drive.

Small towns are limited... Yesterday was a SNOW DAY so no school.. Took the GrandKids to McDonalds..  Thats their favorite !  Drive thru , go home and watch Cartoons while you eat ! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 10:50am
Surely prefer a mom and pop also, but when you're in a hurry you're in a hurry.

Culver's really isn't too far away, but it's not a direction on the way to anywhere I go.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 11:00am
Just had my first Chick-fil-A experience last week.  Had to wait in line quite a while but it seemed to be worth it.  Will try it again sometime.  Good chicken nuggets (white breast meat) and good mac n cheese.
TDF View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

What type of food do they have ? 
Runza is bread dough filled with hamburger, onions, cabbage, along with some black pepper, and baked.  It's a german's from Russia dish brought over with the immigrants.  It's a local chain, they are everywhere in Nebraska, the place also has really good hamburgers, fries, and onion rings.  

TDF
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 1:40pm
A Runza just opened in what was a Jack in the Box in Longmont, Culvers opened there a couple years ago.  Hadn't heard of either until they opened.  Will have to try Runza.  I liked the Teriyaki Chicken bowel at Jack in the Box but get nearly the same thing at Costco for less money, 6 to a box.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Steak ‘n Shake then Sonic.
If I want the best Chicken I go to the Seligman Truckstop.
You better grab up all of the burgers from there that you can, my understandig as of 5 months ago is that the corona bankrupted S&S !!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Originally posted by dr p dr p wrote:

Culver's is really GROWING around here. And pretty good stuff!
"Might" be good stuff, but there's a $ limit that I can tolerate/meal, Culvers AIN'T it WinkWink
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 6:49pm
WE dont have a Culvers, so i dont know the $$... I thought they were suppose to be competative with Arbeys or Hardees ??

Edited by steve(ill) - 27 Jan 2021 at 6:51pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 7:03pm
Culver's, Hardee's, Wendy's....bout the same price wherever
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 7:21pm
Hardees/Wendy's offer a " X/X$$" meal, to my knowledge Culvers does not. The Wendy's 4/$4  can NOT be beat BTW WinkWink , And they are my third choice after Taco Bell ($$/filling).
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 8:03pm
For a good burger, it seems fast food joints have all gone to the SMASH IT FLAT AND FRY IT FAST.  I liked the Angus burger McDonald's had and also I liked the mushroom and swiss that Dairy Queen had but sadly they don't offer them anymore.  If I want a good mushroom and swiss I go to Chili's, not fast food but worth the wait.  Still can't beat McDonald's fries but Freddy's does a good job and their sauce has horseradish in it.
Maximum use of available resources!
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 8:39pm
My retirement routine is I hit the McDonald's drive through and grab a sausage biscuit each morning. Not much else anywhere. Will sometimes get some Wendy's chili. Wife think Chick Fil a is the best thing since sliced bread. Me not so much but they do have good milk shakes.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic