This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woods L59 Mower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCSinPITTS,PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woods L59 Mower
    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 10:49am
Bought a used WOODS L59 mower to install on AC - B witrh manual lift and it appears the lift arm AFTER the pivot is all twisted!  the upright part with the hand trigger is ok but after the bend  is bad.
1. was this a 90 degree angle or something different?
Sponsored Links

HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:00am
Hope this helps:

tractor.jpg
1951 B
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 12:30pm
Thats exactly like the thing on my B!!! ---mine is down in the shed--guess I could try a pic. of it.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 2:05pm
Jeff, If you are interested, I think I still have the hydraulic pump, and the hydraulics to convert that to a hyd lift
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
JCSinPITTS,PA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCSinPITTS,PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 11:05am
Next question - the bolt the hitch mounts to is larger than the unused hole in the front (sitting on tractor)  the PDF I downloaded says to use the matching holes for idler bracket. So do I use the large hole in the back of the bracket and the small holes in the front? that means the idler bracket will not be level. Does it matter?

also WOODS doesn't sell the white paint in quarts only spray so dealer says to use IHC white/crème.

my Allis crème is way too white.
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 11:21am
Most likely the original hole in the final drive was stripped out and re taped to a larger hole. the 1/2" bolts get loose causing the threads to be damaged then taped out for 5/8 bolts.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic